Alexandrite is humongous; along with equally gigantic Sugilite, she is one of the largest and tallest characters seen so far. She has pinkish red skin and six arms. Instead of a third eye, like Garnet's previous fusion Sugilite, she has an alexandrite gemstone, representing the location of Pearl's gemstone, with three markings surrounding it. Alexandrite's primary face also functions as a mask, covering a second monstrous looking mouth beneath it.
Alexandrite's turquoise/bright teal star-shaped hair resembles all of the Gems hair styles. The length and wildness of her hair resembles Amethyst's, while the top of her hair styled to a point represents that of Pearl's, and the slight square shape where the styled point protrudes resembles Garnet's.
Alexandrite's attire represents a mix of all 3 Gems' clothing: The greenish gray leggings with a four pointed star cut out in each legging, resembling Amethyst's, the shoes and black shoulder sleeves are Garnet's, and the tunic is Pearl's. The gloves on each pair of arms are also the color of the skin tone of each Gem (purple middle pair of arms is for Amethyst, turquoise upper pair of arms is for Pearl, red fingerless gloves on lower pair of arms is for Garnet).
Most fusion gems have a unique personality that is a rough combination of all the different attributes from the contributing Gems' disposition. Alexandrite starts off cold, intense, and messy, but as the fusion slowly starts to fail, the Crystal Gems' individual personalities become more prominent.
It is believed that like all Gems, Alexandrite can shapeshift, summon a weapon, and retreat to her gemstones. Being a fusion between four gems, Alexandrite is much more powerful. Alexandrite runs at extreme speeds, like Sugilite. Furthermore, she has enough strength to lift heavy objects, like a bus, with ease.
- She is the most complex fusion seen thus far; involving the fusion of a total of four Gems (including Ruby and Sapphire).
- It is unclear if Alexandrite or Sugilite is the largest character seen thus far; they both appear to be eight to nine times taller than Steven if you measure up to the top of their head.
- However, if you take hairstyle into account, Alexandrite is the tallest.
- Alexandrite is the first, and so far only, four-Gem fusion shown on the show.
- She is the fifth fusion to be shown overall
- She also has the most arms out of any known fusion. (Tied with Malachite, if you count all of her limbs as arms.)
- Alexandrite's face can function as a mask, with the first face covering a monstrous looking mouth.
- The lower/second mouth seems to be mostly controlled by Amethyst.
- Alexandrite's appearance resembles the design of the Crystal Temple.
- The "face mask" concept resembles the Crystal Temple, as the Crystal Temple is shown having 2 faces (the first being the mask on it's forehead).
- Unlike Opal and Sugilite, and similar to Stevonnie And Malachite, all of the personalities from Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl were portrayed within this fusion.
- When Alexandrite unfused, a still frame of animation shows silhouettes of Ruby and Sapphire where Garnet would have been.
- Alexandrite is seen in Attack the Light, as a special attack dealing around 7 damage-heavy strikes to all opponents on the field. She is the hardest attack to use in the game, as she needs 9 star points and for Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl to all be at full harmony.
- Alexandrite seems to be a little bit taller than Sugilite, thus making her the largest character seen so far.
Learn more about the alexandrite gemstone here.
- Alexandrite is a rare color change and chromium-bearing variety of chrysoberyl.
- Alexandrite is the birthstone for June, and whoever wears alexandrite will reap the many benefits and astrological powers it possesses.
- Alexandrite is a stone that is associated with discipline and self-control.
- The color change phenomenon seen in alexandrite is referred to as the 'alexandrite effect'. The change in color can be observed under certain lighting conditions, typically under daylight and incandescent lighting.
- The alexandrite gemstone is green when in the presence of light composed mainly of greens and blues (e.g. natural light) and red in the presence of light composed mostly of reds and yellows (e.g. incandescent light), and purple when shown under both sources of light.