The Beach House is the home of Steven Universe and serves as the entrance to the Crystal Temple. It was partially destroyed by the parts of Blue Diamond's ship as of "Reunited", but (at least its exterior) was seen under construction in "Escapism" and being repaired later in the episode, "Change Your Mind". In Steven Universe: The Movie, the house has not only been repaired but expanded.
As seen in the extended theme song, Greg Universe, with the help of the Crystal Gems, built the Beach House over the entrance of the Crystal Temple so Steven could live with the Gems. While Steven stays in the Beach House, the Crystal Gems have their own rooms within the Temple, accessible via the Temple Gate.
The original house was a modest-sized dwelling with one large interior room and an upper level. The upper level served as Steven's bedroom while the main interior contained a lounge with a fireplace and a kitchen/bar. The door to the bathroom was located on the back left, past the fireplace, while the bathroom itself was built directly below the upper level. Outside was a balcony/deck with further seating and an umbrella. Hanging inside, a picture of Rose Quartz was above the door. The far side of the house's interior opened into the foyer of the Crystal Temple. Just outside the Temple Gate was a Warp Pad. This version of the house was partially destroyed in "Reunited".
Soon after Steven left to visit the Gem Homeworld, Bismuth and Greg started repairing the house as seen in "Escapism". Two years later in Steven Universe: The Movie, the beach house has not only been repaired, but greatly expanded. Steven's old bedroom was removed and the house was given a second floor with a new, larger bedroom for Steven. Just outside Steven's bedroom is a new, higher balcony directly connecting to the outdoor walkway leading to a new separate nearby structure: A crystal-domed conservatory containing a second, galaxy-capable Warp Pad and Steven's own Diamond control panel similar to the one in Pink Diamond's Moon Base. The conservatory also functions as a sunroom and greenhouse, containing multiple potted rose and hibiscus bushes, gardening tools, a bench, a bean bag chair, and a bed for Lion. Rose's picture now hanging on the wall of the stairway. There is a flagpole out front with two flags, which seem to represent Earth and Homeworld respectively, as a sign of peace between the two worlds.
- Steven was missing a baby tooth in the extended intro, which usually begins when children are five to seven years old. The house was in the process of being constructed at that time.
- The house was temporarily home to a restaurant known as "Steven's" as shown in the episode "Restaurant Wars" where the business both opened and closed.
- The design of the exterior has changed slightly from episode to episode: the door frame changes from red to white, the railings change their placement, and the number of steps in the exterior staircase varies from about 10 to 15 depending on the episode. The direction and side the door open also changes between episodes.
- In the opening scenes of "Legs From Here to Homeworld", the Beach House is still partially destroyed as depicted in "Reunited". Later in that episode, as Pink Diamond's ship takes off from the beach, the house is shown intact in the background. Since "Escapism" shows the house still being repaired, this is presumably a continuity error.
- The heat source is a classic 1960s Malm fireplace, consistent with the house's open-plan midcentury design.
- Much of the design provides environmentally-friendly passive cooling: the platform, the clerestory roof, the large, well-situated windows and the lack of walls. The house is excellently suited for a warm beach.
- Instead of load-bearing walls or posts, the roof is supported by crossbeams, leaving the floorspace completely open.