The Big Bird takes the form of a massive, purple, bird-like creature with large, broad wings, thin legs, and a comparatively small tail. It has dark purple feathers covering most of its body with lighter purple plumage on its chest and belly. It has a huge jagged beak that extends to its forehead and is able to hold a large number of objects and has no visible eyes. Its interior is encrusted with gemstones that are encased by bubbles.
- Avian Physiology: The creature takes on the form of a gigantic bird and thus has the same innate abilities a bird has, such as the ability of flight and the use of its talons and beak as weapons.
- Super Ingestion: Big Bird consumes people, animals, and objects indiscriminately.
- Fission: When it sustains serious damage, it splits into numerous smaller versions of itself, which are simply tiny heads with beaks and wings.
While attacking the Crystal Gems at the Sky Spire, it attempts to eat Steven and Steven Jr. Big Bird is then defeated by Opal when she shoots its smaller versions with her arrows after it was critically injured. Following its defeat, the gems comprising Big Bird are automatically bubbled by Opal.
- Its "beak" bears a strong resemblance to the jaws/mandibles of the Centipeetles from "Gem Glow."
- It may be related to the bird the Crystal Gems fought in "Cheeseburger Backpack."
- The amount of gems within the Big Bird implies that it is a corrupted Gem Fusion, or a corrupted Gem who has various bubbled gems stored inside of it.