The Big Donut roof is topped with a large donut sign covered in chocolate icing with pink, green, and blue sprinkles. The roof is colored in a blue and pink pattern, the walls are a muted violet-brown, and the window canopies are a deep pink and brown striped pattern printed with a "Big Donut" sign on the awning. There is a table with a pink umbrella and two chairs near the entrance.
Goods can be bought at a counter at the back of the store's front room; baked goods are stored under the counter. Flyers and advertisements can be seen on a board near the counter. Vending machines, coolers, and product posters that line the walls are also found. Notably Cookie Cats and Lion Lickers. Small tables are scattered about the shop.
Behind the storefront through a hallway on the right is the storage room where baked goods and other products are held. An employee break room with a small television, chairs, a table, and some shipping boxes containing some food products, is located behind the central room.
A small parking lot with a few street lights is situated behind the building.
The company's logo is a donut resembling the letter "D" with a bite taken out of the side (or a topping) to resemble the letter "B". All employee t-shirts are printed with this logo on them.
Pastries and Baked Goods
- Steven (for two shifts)
- "The Accident" Victim (fate unknown)
Although not being canonical, in the Pilot, Steven buys three donuts for the Crystal Gems, but since he goes back in time twice, he has 9 in 3 bags. Later, to save the Crystal Gems, Sadie, and Lars, he pushes the Big Donut's donut sign from the roof onto the Electric Skulls which destroying them.
Steven buys Cookie Cats at the Big Donut before the store stops carrying them, and Sadie allows him to take the freezer, as Lion Lickers became more popular and higher in demand. Later in the episode, Amethyst destroys the dumpster behind the Big Donut to which Lars exclaims, "Again?!", implying that she has done this previously.
Steven goes to the Big Donut to demonstrate his cat fingers to Lars and Sadie.
Steven and Connie go to the Big Donut for assistance to break Steven's magical bubble, only to be mocked by Lars while Sadie tries to break the bubble with a hammer and stool.
While rapidly aging, middle-aged Steven goes to the Big Donut to order a donut and becomes depressed as he realizes that he is old. Sadie is unable to recognize Steven because he is aging quickly. Steven asks Sadie if she could assist him in getting into his birthday suit, and Sadie chases him out of the store.
Steven becomes a temporary employee at the Big Donut. Sadie shows Steven the back of the store, and also a training tape for employees. Later, Sadie and Steven decide to take revenge on Lars for tricking Sadie, so they give him a donut with fire salt on top. Lars starts a fire in the Big Donut, and Sadie puts out the fire with a fire extinguisher.
Greg requests that Steven go to the Big Donut, but the shop is only mentioned.
Steven goes to the Big Donut and convinces Sadie and Lars to take a vacation on Mask Island.
Steven visits the Big Donut to recover one of his sentient watermelons. Sadie had decorated the melon's head with a donut.
Stevonnie goes to the Big Donut to buy some donuts for themselves to eat.
Steven and Garnet explore Garnet's future vision at the Big Donut, and Lars almost accidentally spills hot coffee on Steven, before Garnet jumps in the way to stop it from burning him.
Lars and Sadie lock up the Big Donut before going to The Lighthouse with Steven to watch horror films.
Mayor Dewey and Steven visit the Big Donut during "Damage control" after the power outage.
The building is seen with all of its windows shattered by the Gem Warship.
Out of habit, Steven visits the store the next day only to discover the store damaged and abandoned.
Steven realizes that the store is closed for the night, and Sadie greets him at the time advising him that if he wakes up right when the store opens at 7:00 AM, he will have the honor to have the store's first handmade fresh donut.
Amethyst, Steven and Connie visits the store to buy donuts.
- They used to make the donuts in the store, but now they just get them shipped to the store, due to a catastrophe that is known as "The Accident".
- However, as of "Steven Floats", they now continue making donuts as the company that helped them make the donuts went out of business.
- The store's exterior design may be a reference to "Randy's Donuts": a chain of Big Donut drive-thrus' which originated in Los Angeles, California.
- The Big Donut is the building in Beach City that is located closest to the Crystal Temple.
- In the break room by the door, there hangs a "Purple Puma and Tiger Millionaire" poster, shown in "Joking Victim".
- The Big Donut did not exist at the time of Greg's beach concert, as shown in "Story for Steven".
- The Big Donut opens at 7:00 but at 7:30 on Sundays, as mentioned in "Steven Floats".
- The prices for Donuts seem to be inconsistent, with a single donut being $0.99 while a "Combo" is $3.39, and a "Triple" is $2.49.
- Another inconsistency is a sign that reads "WE ONLY SELL DONUTS!", even though croissants are sold as well.