And so began a new chapter of my life -- to explore the previously unexplored and to make my mark on the world!
Buddy Buddwick's Journal is a journal written by Buddy Buddwick over one hundred years ago, where he catalogs ancient Gem structures and locations with the hopes of making his mark on the world. The journal is later picked up by Steven and was checked out of the library by Connie.
Buddy's Journal is a mahogany hardcover book with beige pages on the inside. Sticking out of the top are two bookmarks, blue and red. The journal also has a red tassel bookmark attached at the top. There is a metallic clip on the side to hold the book shut.
- Gem Battlefield – Buddy describes the Gem Battlefield as a "field of swords, intermingled with giant, sweet-smelling strawberries as big as one's head." Buddy ponders who could have wielded such massive weapons and what the battle was about. Garnet and Pearl then show up at the battlefield to prevent him from embarking on a perilous journey to visit Gem locations by marking such places on Buddy's map.
- Pyramid Temple – Buddy illustrates the Pyramid Temple, naming it 'The Great Inverted Pyramid' in his journal. He also draws the mural seen on the temple ceiling, documenting it as 'A Mystical Mural'.
- Sky Spire – Buddy details how he climbed to the top of the spire and peered inside of the Heaven Beetle's little home.
- Lunar Sea Spire – At this spire, Buddy examines the Crystal Shrimp (which he names 'Sparking Slugs') and some statues. Buddy also finds the Moon Goddess Statue and correctly names it in his journal.
- Communication Hub – Buddy visits the Communication Hub and names it 'Steeple of Hubris'.
- Pink Diamond's Palanquin – Buddy draws Pink Diamond's Palanquin, simply naming it as 'The Palanquin'.
- Prime Kindergarten – Buddy visits the Prime Kindergarten, appropriately naming it 'Many Hole'd Place'. Buddy describes it as an amazing location and takes notes of the Injectors and their sharp drills. He soon comes across Amethyst, and explains his journey to her. Amethyst tells him that he is just walking in another person's footsteps since he is not discovering anything new. She then redirects Buddy to a new area.
- The Desert – Buddy wanders the desert for ten days looking for the Sand Castle that Amethyst described to him. Buddy believes he is going to die and that everyone will mock him for embarking on a silly journey. He then spots Rose Quartz (which he describes to be an angel at first) and her seven lions. Rose points out the Sand Castle to him, but he becomes depressed because she saw it first. Rose then inspires him to use his amazing writing skills to become an author.
Steven and Connie visit the Buddwick Public Library where they find Buddy's Journal. They read about his adventures around the world during which he visited Gem locations and met the Crystal Gems. From the journal, they also learn about Buddy's meeting with Rose that led to his decision to become an author and open a library.
After Steven informs Connie about a palanquin in his dream, she goes over to his house with Buddy's Journal. Connie shows Steven the drawing of the palanquin, which he recognizes as the one he saw in his dream. Steven asks the Crystal Gems about the drawing and determines from their reluctance to answer that the palanquin is related to Rose's past. He later asks Greg if he can take him to the palanquin. With Andy's help, and using the journal as a guide, Steven and Greg reach the palanquin's location in Korea but are surprised to discover two Gems already there.
- Pink Diamond's Palanquin is shown for the first time in Buddy's Journal.
- Buddy's Journal reveals that the Gem Battlefield and the Pyramid Temple are both located in the Scandinavian Peninsula.