This article contains information about unreleased content. Do not add to this page, unless you have a valid source, and do not add hypotheses to this article.
Steven, Amethyst, and Peridot hide behind a rock face while observing Jasper interact with a corrupted gem. Peridot suggests they head back to the temple and get reinforcements, to which Steven agrees. They realize that while they were talking that Amethyst was sneaking up to attack Jasper. Jasper is bullying the caged corrupted gem, telling it that "we all get what we deserve," before turning around and saying, "right, Amethyst?" Amethyst is shocked and falls off a rock face before jumping up for a rematch. Jasper equips her weapon and is seemingly pushed back by Amethyst's new upgraded whips. The more Amethyst attacks, the more she realizes that Jasper is unaffected. Amethyst uses her spin dash technique while on fire to attack Jasper to no avail. Jasper easily kicks Amethyst away, who lands near Steven. As Jasper advances, Steven knocks down a Kindergarten injector using his shield throw, which separates Jasper from him and Amethyst. Amethyst claims she can't win, but Steven gives her a pep talk by saying they're unique and that they have each other. They hug and fuse into Smoky Quartz, to which Jasper says, "is fusion the only trick you Crystal Gems have?" Smoky attacks with a yo-yo made from Amethyst's whips and Steven's shield, which pushes Jasper back. Jasper uses her spin dash, but Smoky Quartz dodges. Jasper's attack breaks the cliff face where her corrupted gem army was held captive, which results in the corrupted gems fleeing. Jasper runs over to the last gem in her army and fuses with it. As Jasper's new fusion advances, Smoky Quartz spins her yo-yo to create a wind blast. Since the corrupted fusion isn't blown away, Smoky pulls out two more yo-yo's and creates a tornado. Jasper unfuses from the corrupted gem, but claims that "we can beat them if we stay together." The tornado subsides and the pair fall to the ground, unfused. The corrupted gem runs away, which prompts Jasper to declare that no gem ever stays fused with her long. Smoky Quartz sees that Jasper's arm is starting to corrupt, so Steven unfuses and offers to help Jasper, who declines. Jasper states that Rose would only take gems who are at their lowest point, so that they can be made to feel like they mean something. As Jasper becomes more corrupted, she tells Steven that she would never forgive Rose for what she did to Jasper's diamond. Steven asks, "Yellow Diamond?" Jasper states, before becoming fully corrupted, "No, Pink Diamond!" Jasper becomes fully corrupted and advances quickly on Steven. Peridot pierces Jasper with a metal rod used to cage the corrupted gems, and Jasper poofs. Amethyst bubbles Jasper and the trio head home. Amethyst says she doesn't want to do anything for a month, before groaning at the sight of Lapis, Garnet, and Pearl who have bubbled the newly returned Ruby Squad.
- Smoky Quartz (debut)
- Unknown Jasper fusion
- Rose Quartz (mentioned)
- Pink Diamond (mentioned)
- Yellow Diamond (mentioned)
- Corrupted Gems
- Cluster Gem (cameo)
- Garnet (cameo)
- Pearl (cameo)
- Lapis Lazuli (cameo)
- Ruby (Doc) (cameo)
- Ruby (Eyeball) (cameo)
- Ruby (Army) (cameo)
- Ruby (Navy) (cameo)
- Ruby (Leggy) (cameo)
- Malachite (indirectly mentioned)
- This episode's name was first revealed in the episode listing on the Cartoon Network website.
- This episode reveals that Steven can fuse with Full-Gems and that normal Gems can fuse with Corrupted Gems.
- It also reveals that if a normal Gem fuses with a Corrupted Gem, that gem will also become Corrupted.
- This episode shows Amethyst bubbling a Gem for the first time.
- This episode confirms that the North Monsters were quartz gems and to a greater extent, different varieties of Jaspers.
- This episode starts off from "Beta."
- Jasper doesn't want to get beaten by yet another fusion, referring back to the events of "Jail Break", "Super Watermelon Island", and "Crack the Whip."
- Jasper remarks about how her fusion partners never wanted to stay together, referring to Malachite.
- A Cluster Gem, which debuted in "Nightmare Hospital", appears, fleeing from the Beta Kindergarten.
- When Smokey Quartz was Spinning her 3 Yoyos. Her two left arms and one right arm switch sides
View the episode's transcript here.