Did you really think I wasn't going to be able to track my own ship? The Sun Incinerator's specialized nova thrusters give off an energy signature I could recognize from the other side of the galaxy! Now surrender to me or be destroyed!
|—"Lars of the Stars"|
Emerald has only been seen on a screen that has a green tint, making her actual colors currently unknown: She has a light-green complexion, large, spiky dark-green hair, and prominently pointy fangs. Her gemstone is where her right eye would be. Emerald has large rectangular 'pads' on her shoulders and pale furry ruff at the base of her neck. Beneath the ruff are two yellow diamond symbols one over the other, the bottom one being larger and being attached to two turquoise straps, with the rest of her jumpsuit being dark green. While her legs were not shown on-screen, her two large high-heeled boots were shown in an official lineart model sheet. She has dark green sleeves and light green, square-shaped cuffs, and a leg 'armor' the same color as her pads and cuffs. Adorning her forehead, there is a yellow zigzag tiara-esque bar that covers her hairline and brows, making it resemble a unibrow.
Emerald is shown to become very agitated when the Off Colors had crashed her personal ship, impersonated imperial officers, and stole her prized ship, the Sun Incinerator. Her agitation turned into sheer anger when the Off Colors made fun of her, prompting her to openly yell at them through the Sun Incinerator's communicator. Emerald valued her Sun Incinerator too highly to destroy it even when doing so would have dealt with the Off Colors in a single stroke.
HistoryLars and the Off Colors while it was being heavily guarded at the docking bay of Klavus 7. After the Off Colors stole her personal shuttle (crashing it on Upsilon 9), impersonating imperial officers during a cosmic jubilee, and stealing the Sun Incinerator, Emerald communicates with and angrily threatens the Off Colors (who have boarded the Incinerator and who soon take off at hyperspeed).
Emerald quickly catches up to the Sun Incinerator on her warship, the Destiny Destroyer. Lars rejects her demand to surrender before lowering the shields on the Sun Incinerator. Not wanting to destroy her own ship, Emerald avoids firing on the Sun Incinerator directly. Realizing Lars knows she won't destroy her prized ship, she decides to prevent his escape by disabling the Sun Incinerator's nova thrusters. In response, Lars deploys Stevonnie in his Star Skipper to take out the Destiny Destroyer's main guns, ultimately forcing Emerald to retreat.
Emerald is briefly mentioned by Lars. Following the space battle against Emerald, Stevonnie crash lands on the nearby jungle world.
- Spaceship Piloting: Emerald has several spaceship, having deep knowledge about their functionings and making commands.
|1. "Stuck Together":||Absent||15. "Pool Hopping":||Absent|
|2. "The Trial":||Absent||16. "Letters to Lars":||Absent|
|3. "Off Colors":||Absent||17. "Can't Go Back":||Absent|
|4. "Lars' Head":||Absent||18. "A Single Pale Rose":||Absent|
|5. "Dewey Wins":||Absent||19. "Now We're Only Falling Apart":||Absent|
|6. "Gemcation":||Absent||20. "What's Your Problem?":||Absent|
|7. "Raising the Barn":||Absent||21. "The Question":||Absent|
|8. "Back to the Kindergarten":||Absent||22. "Made of Honor":||Absent|
|9. "Sadie Killer":||Absent||23/24. "Reunited":||Absent|
|10. "Kevin Party":||Absent||25. "Legs From Here to Homeworld":||Absent|
|11. "Lars of the Stars":||Debut||26. "Familiar":||Absent|
|12. "Jungle Moon":||Mentioned||27. "Together Alone":||Absent|
|13. "Your Mother and Mine":||Mentioned||28. "Escapism":||Absent|
|14. "The Big Show":||Absent||29-32. "Change Your Mind":||Absent|
- According to Rebecca Sugar, Emerald is special because of her status on Homeworld as she is a fancy and very high class Gem, which, aside from the Diamonds, is a rarely seen type of foe for the Crystal Gems.
- Along with Lapis Lazuli, Bismuth, Carnelian, Holly Blue Agate, and Watermelon Tourmaline, Emerald is the sole individual of her Gem type seen (although a Gem resembling Lapis is seen in "The Answer" and a Gem resembling Bismuth is seen poofing Lapis in a flashback in "Same Old World").
- Emerald is the first non-hybrid Gem to not be voiced by a woman. She is voiced by Jerick Hoffer (better known by their drag persona Jinkx Monsoon), a non-binary drag performer.
- The choice of the gemstone "Emerald" may be a reference to Queen Emeraldas, a character from the universe of Space Pirate Captain Harlock, the series that heavily inspired her debut episode "Lars of the Stars".
- Emerald's gemstone resembles an emerald cut, a type of step cut with truncated corners. Appropriately, they are commonly associated with emerald gemstones.
- According to Rebecca Sugar, she will return.
|Emerald's gemstone is located where her right eye would otherwise be. It is dark-green, rectangular, and has facets around the edge.|