The field is the site of a historic battle 5,000 years ago (according to Pearl), where many gem warriors fell and were destroyed in combat. It is currently overrun by wild strawberries and butterflies, in stark contrast with the battle wreckage still strewn throughout the location. The Gems travel here to retrieve an ancient gemstone located inside the Pyramid Temple.
- The bulk of the battlefield appears to be laden with unending fields of strawberries, possibly a reference to the Beatles' song "Strawberry Fields Forever'.
- Strawberries (Fragaria sp.) belong to the family Rosaceae, or the rose family.
- This is the location of the last (or only) battle between the Crystal Gems and other Gems: Rose said that if they lost they would be killed and if they won they would never be able to go back (to the homeworld.)
- The Gem Battlefield serves as the second "world" in the game Attack the Light.
- In addition to the green light, the purple light is captured in a cutscene here as well.
- In the game, this location is home to green beetle, flower, and fly light monsters.