Homeworld appears to be split into two sections: an upper level and a lower level. The lower level (the surface of Homeworld) is barren and lifeless, likely because the Homeworld Kindergarten drained the life force out of the planet. The upper level is where modern day Homeworld cities and structures appear.
Unknown Capital City
Homeworld is home to a highly advanced capital city. Skyscrapers can be seen with thin white tubes connecting them. Lights of different colors can be seen travelling through these tubes. There are also white pedestals with red inverted triangles on top. At the bottom of one of the skyscrapers are cell-like structures, very similar to the cells inside of the Gem Warship. There is a white flower-like mechanism in the city attached to an anvil and a circular black structure on top, bearing resemblance to the shape of a Roaming Eye ship. In the distance, green tubes can be seen connecting to triangular structures, and there are also black inverted pyramids which are identical to the Pyramid Temple on Earth. White Diamond's Ship can also be seen in the distance.
- Docking Bay: There is a building near the city with a lime green interior. Gems enter the docking bay to park and exit ships.
- Trial Building: While it is unknown if the trial building is in the same building as the docking bay, it is also located in this city. There is an empty pink room for the defendant to stay in until their trial, which connects to a trial room, where court cases take place. The exterior of the building is black and has the shape of a Roaming Eye.
- Deep Cavern: Below the trial building is a large, gaping hole between several buildings which goes straight down to Homeworld's surface. The building walls have several designs; notable wall designs resemble cheese graters and holes which resemble the cells aboard the Gem Warship and those seen under the Ancient Sky Arena. White tubes with different colored beams flowing through connect each of the buildings
- Diamond Palaces: The palaces where the Diamonds live comprises of two main sections: the main structure and the four Diamond's palaces. The main structure is constructed to resemble the Era 1 Diamond Insignia, and presumably houses the Diamond's Throne Room. Adjacent to the colors of the Era 1 Insignia are the Diamond's palaces, which double as docking bays for their ships.
- Diamond Ship Docking Bay: Shown in "Legs From Here to Homeworld", when Pink's Ship landed on Homeworld, it landed on the docking bay, later revealed to be the "roof" of her palace. In "Together Alone", Steven's dream shows all of the Diamond ships docked on top of the corresponding palaces, until now in "Steven Universe: The Movie".
- Pink Diamond's Palace: Making its debut in "Legs from Here to Homeworld", it is a pink, diamond-shaped building that contains Pink Diamond's chamber, a hexagonal room with high ceilings and glittering walls, decorated with pink bubbles around the upper half of the room. A hallway that likely goes to the next palace. Pink Diamond's Palace also has a curtained window overlooking the Diamond Throne Room and the other Diamond's palaces. On one side of the room, there is a door leading out from the palace. There is another room to the side that is accessible by unknown means that comprises of a walkway leading to a chair seated before a vanity mirror with various objects scattered over it. Of these objects, two vases, a small pot full of smooth rocks with two flowers growing from it, numerous rocks with gemstones embedded into them, a pair of tweezers, what appears to be a tuning fork (if not a gem destabilizer), and an encased jewel are present. Not much else is known about the interior of Pink Diamond's palace. As of "Together Alone", the room is now filled with furniture from his home back on Earth, which the Pebbles worked overnight to create.
- Yellow Diamond's Extraction Chamber: This room appears to be the Homeworld equivalent of a sauna. The building is entirely yellow, with two large statues crossing spears over the entrance, and an Era 2 Great Diamond Authority insignia on the door. The interior is full of steam, with large seating for the Diamonds, two large statues with waterfalls coming from their mouths, and a steam vent/sucker in the center of the shaped like the Era 2 insignia.
- Yellow Diamond's Bubble Chamber: The Bubble Chamber is stored with gemstones of poofed Gems cased in Yellow Diamond's bubbles as punishment. The building is entirely dark yellow and with different shapes and the doorframe is almost diamond shaped. The walls are yellow with white lines and has a design that looks similar to an upside down letter G and has twelve diamond shaped lamps. There are bubbled gems floating in the air and includes the poofed and bubbled gemstones of Ruby, Sapphire, Amethyst, and Pearl above Yellow's throne and other Unknown Gems behind an upside down letter Gs, the ceiling is brown and her throne is yellow. The seat is orangey-light brown, and pointy top of the throne is black.
- Blue Diamond's Pool Chamber: The building is entirely blue, with the statue walls and the original Era 1 symbol on the top of the door and another on the door itself. The interior is full of water and a waterfall, the original Era 1 Great Diamond Authority symbol on the center of the door frame and Gem Language written on either side of the door frame, and a walkway leading to the inner chamber. The pool itself is rectangular, and has three large steps with three large pipes running under them, in which large streams of water seem to flow. Each of the four corners of the pool is decorated with one of the four colors from the original Great Diamond Authority symbol. At the bottom of the pool is a drain stopper moldeled after the original Great Diamond Authority logo.
- Diamond Throne Room: The "Diamond Throne Room", also known as "the Ball Room" has a red carpet with four white lines running from a large curtained entrance way to the four colored thrones positioned like the original Diamond Authority symbol where White, Yellow, Blue, and Pink Diamond sit. The rooms multiple columns are crisscrossed with a upside down tetrahedron on the bottom.
- Prison Tower: The tower, where Gems are prisoned for punishment, even Pink Diamond, is dark grayish, simply the interior consists of six dark chambers, with brownish walls later gray and the floors are light-brown which was later light grey and have windows for one of the chamber rooms. Steven and Connie are imprisoned here for fusing at the "Era 3" ball by Yellow Diamond, and are freed by Blue Diamond when she decides to let them live on Earth.
At the bottom of the cavern is the abandoned surface area of Homeworld. Being partially underground, (due to above ground structures) the area receives little light and is very dark. The area is barren, covered in dirt and rock. Many green tubes connect the walls together closer to the ground. Pedestals protrude from the ground, and old statues of Gems and fusions can be seen scattered around. Some pedestals have text on them written in the Gem Language. There is another hole in the ground that leads to an abandoned Kindergarten facility.
- Main article: Homeworld Kindergarten
- Abandoned Kindergarten: Going through another hole in the ground leads to a dark cave. At the end of the cave is a humongous Kindergarten, with holes scattered everywhere that are seemingly endless. Going through a entryway in a wall leads to another part of the Kindergarten, where the Off Colors had lived for many years. This Kindergarten is completely underground.
Yellow Diamond's Unknown Base
Not much is known about the base's location, aside from the fact that it appears to be near or inside of an asteroid field.
In "Message Received", Yellow Diamond is seen in the control room using holographic terminals to access information quickly. These terminals presumably possess the same functionality as the Moon Base terminals.
Only a white floating chair atop a stepped diamond-shaped altar can be seen from the inside, seemingly where Yellow Diamond works. There is a large glass wall made up of triangular panels separating the control room from the outside where several asteroids float in space both near and far.
Gem-Controlled Planets & Moons
Other various planets and moons which have been conquered by the Homeworld Gems are often shown in murals on various Gem structures. Only two have actually been named so far.
A Gem colony planet mentioned by Blue Diamond. Pink kept some of the aliens from this planet as pets and brought them back to Homeworld, where they caused chaos during a ball.
A planet located in Sector 7 which was colonized by Yellow Diamond a long time ago. The planet was once teeming with organic life, and had green landmasses and a yellow ocean that covered most of the planet. Now the planet is mostly hollowed out due to intense colonization and is completely devoid of life.
The moon which orbits the planet is still covered by a thick jungle and organic life. The Moon Base that was constructed on its surface is now abandoned and damaged by plant growth.
Yellow Diamond's Asteroid Mines
Yellow Diamond controls a number of asteroid mines, presumably guarded sites containing materials for Gem technology.
Unknown Beach planet
Several Gems are shown watching Steven's message on the beach of an unknown Planet. The surrounding area appears quite barron and rocky with a ringed planet and moon clearly visible in the planets pinkish sky. The only structures shown are a large grey tower in the middle of the water topped with a yellow diamond symbol (possible indicating that this is one of her planets) and some dome like structures built into a rock in the distance.
Unknown City planet
Many Gems serving Blue and Yellow Diamond appear on a planet dominated by a sprawling city bathed in greenish light. The architecture of the city appears slightly more curved than the city that covers the actual planet of Homeworld itself.
It is revealed in the episode "Lars of the Stars" that different areas of space are referred to as "sectors" by Homeworld.
- Sector 4 – The location of the planet Klavius 7 where the Sun Incinerator departed and jumped into hyperspace.
- Sector 7 – The location of the unknown planet and its jungle moon where Stevonnie was stranded after their conflict with Emerald.
- Three unknown sectors – Mentioned to have been passed through by the Off Colors.
- Klavius 7's name may be inspired by the Clavius crater, one of the largest crater formations on Earth's moon, which was named after 16th century Jesuit priest, mathematician, and astronomer Christopher Clavius. Clavius is also the name of a fictional lunar settlement in Arthur C. Clarke's Space Odyssey literary universe, located in the same crater formation.
- The Unknown City planet is inspired by two cosmopolitan planets in the Core Worlds: Coruscant, and Hosnian Prime and the ecumenopolis in the entire planet or moon are one big city in the rest of the Core Worlds, Inner Rim, and Outer Rim Territories: Eufornis Major, Denon, Nar Shaddaa, Uchinao, and Taris from Star Wars.