Multiple Gem Symbols have appeared throughout the series.
- Most Crystal Gem outfits and weapons have five-pointed stars.
- As shown in the Temple Gate, the five points of the star represent the 5 main Crystal Gems: Ruby, Sapphire, Pearl, Amethyst, and Steven/Rose Quartz.
- Steven's T-shirts have yellow star symbols on the chest, but strangely, there's no star on his shield.
- Pearl's debut and first regeneration outfits both have a yellow star symbol on the chest. Her current outfit has a star on the back of her jacket. Her spear has a star shape at the end of the shaft.
- Holo-Pearl's current design features a five-pointed star in the same location as Pearl's second outfit.
- Amethyst's debut outfit has star-shaped cutouts over her knees which were replaced by star patches in her next two outfits. Her current outfit has black star patches on her shorts. Her whip handle has a star shape at the top.
- Garnet's debut and first regeneration outfits have star designs on the chest. Her current outfit removes the star design but gives her star-shaped visors. Her gauntlets haves yellow stars over the knuckles and on the base, but the stars on the base were removed in her first regeneration. Strangely, Ruby and Sapphire do not have stars on their outfits.
- Rose Quartz's dress has a star-shaped cutout over her gem, but the star is strangely missing from both her sword and shield.
- Bismuth's arms have tattoos of black stars with a small triangle underneath while having a huge star on her apron that goes around her waist. Even the Breaking Point has a star on the top.
- Peridot's outfit copies the star placements of Steven and Amethyst, by having a pale chartreuse-yellow star on her top, as well as dark green star patches on her knees.
- Lapis Lazuli's top is navy on the bottom with a navy triangle right above it, and when combined with her navy pants her whole outfit resembles a star.
- Opal's outfit has a star on the bottom of her drape and stars at each end of her bow's handle.
- Sugilite's debut outfit has ripped knees shaped like broken/slashed-through stars, similar to Amethyst which was replaced whole stars patches in her post-regeneration outfit. A star can also be seen on the nail of her right index finger. Her flail has a silver star-shaped ring connecting Amethyst's whip and Garnet's gauntlets.
- Sardonyx's outfit has a black star on her shirt and a yellow star protruding from the top of her war hammer.
- Stevonnie's T-shirt (like Steven's) has a yellow star symbol on the chest under Connie's dress.
- Smoky Quartz's shirt has a yellow star similar to Steven's and black leggings with dark mauve stars on them. Their post-regeneration outfit removes the stars on the leggings and partially covers the star on their shirt. Their yo-yo is decorated with a white star with a hole in the middle that displays Rose's triangle.
- Rainbow Quartz's outfit has a four-pointed star cutout on her navel, similar to Rose Quartz.
- Rainbow Quartz 2.0's outfit shares Steven's signature red shirt with a yellow star on it, and their parasol is adorned with a white star.
- Sunstone's outfit includes a red shirt with a yellow star on it, like all of Steven's other fusion. Their suction cups feature a star on the top.
- Alexandrite's outfit incorporates stars into her collar, hairstyle and the star cutouts over the knees, though cutouts are only four-pointed.
- A five-pointed star appears on the Temple Gate. This may hint at a star on Obsidian though no star has been seen on her body.
- Lion's mane greatly resembles a four-pointed star similar to the shape of Alexandrite's hair.
- An upside-down yellow star appears on the base of Connie's sword.
- While preforming Greg's shirt has a yellow star on it.
- Ronaldo gets a paper star taped to his shirt.
- After being revived Lars's shirt collar get ripped in 5 places roughly forming the shape of a star.
- The star appears on several objects in and around Beach City including:
- wrapping around the middle of the Telescope
- on the skin of Amethyst's Drums
- on a sticker on the face of Pearlbot
- on the sides of the Tag Team Belt
- in the yellow star-shaped balloons in "The Test"
- in the shape of the cookies in Sadie's Lunches
- It also appears in several locations including:
- The five-pointed star is directly addressed as a symbol brandished by the Crystal Gems in the Steven Universe: The Movie song "Who We Are".
- When showing wonder Steven is often portrayed with stars in his eyes. This also happens to several other characters like Rose, Peridot, Greg, Amethyst and Lars.
- Nearly every episode ends with the camera cutting to a star before closing to black.
- The Mirror has an eight-pointed star on the face. As Steven pulled out Lapis's gemstone the surrounding water took on a similar but more elaborate pattern.
- The crash site of Peridot's Escape Pod was surrounded by a crop circle pattern with a four-pointed star at the center.
- On the floors of the Pyramid Temple and the Gem Warship, there is a symbol with three interlocking triangles, surrounded by a larger triangle and a circle. The version on the Gem Warship is colored, and the inner triangles are white, blue and yellow.
- Where the 3 main triangles meet, there is a single, smaller triangle.
- Rose's symbol has a triangle in the middle.
- Lapis Lazuli's outfit has two dark blue triangles, one pointing upward on her top and another pointing downward on her skirt.
- The buttons on Doc's suspender straps are two yellow triangles, resembling a diamond cut in half.
- In "Familiar", the symbol with the triangles alone appears at Yellow Diamond's Extraction Chamber.
Lozenge / Rhombus / 4-pointed Diamond Symbols
- On Holo-Pearl's former outfit in "Steven the Sword Fighter" is a small diamond, replacing Pearl's five-pointed star.
- There is a pink diamond on Pearl's flight suit in "Space Race", in place of her five-pointed star.
- The pattern of Sapphire's dress in "The Answer" includes a blue diamond shape on the chest.
- The two dark blue triangles on Lapis Lazuli's dress form a lozenge shape split in half across the middle.
- Both Peridot and Jasper have yellow diamonds on their outfits. Peridot has a yellow diamond on her chest and two on her knees. Jasper has a yellow diamond on her chest.
- Sardonyx's shoes have pink diamonds on them.
- In the Ancient Sky Arena in "Sworn to the Sword", a series of four lozenge symbols can be seen. Clockwise from the top, they are colored white, blue, pink, and yellow.
- On Blue Diamond's Pearl, the diamond symbol is a cutout on the chest (Similar to how Amethyst had star-shaped cutouts on her legs when she debuted).
- During "The Answer", Sapphire had a blue diamond on the upper part of her outfit.
- The crystal Peridot takes from the Moon Base in "It Could've Been Great" is shaped like two pyramids connected at the bases, with yellow, white, pink and blue facets. It turns out to be a direct line to The Great Diamond Authority in "Message Received", implying that the symbol is the former emblem of the Authority.
- The symbol appears in "Familiar", at Blue Diamond's Pool Chamber.
Triangle and Lozenge Patterns
These are symbols seen as some sort of Homeworld-designed symbol, much more complicated than the lozenges. They have lozenge-like diagonal patterns. They are seen:
- On the Pyramid Temple walls.
- The flares of Peridot's escape pod in "Joy Ride", which helped the Crystal Gems find it.
- A similar one appears marked in the grass of the field, but with a less complicated design.
- On the Communication Hub's pillars.
- On Lapis Lazuli's mirror and on the water when she was released.
A symbol resembling a stylized rose. Versions of the symbol appear in various locations:
- At the center of Steven's shield. Jasper immediately recognized the symbol when she sees the shield in "The Return".
- On Rose's Battle Flag.
- On Rose's Scabbard.
- On Rose's Pedestal.
- On the Temple Gate opening into Rose's Room.
- The etchings on Rose's Sword share many similarities with Rose Quartz's symbol.
Crop Circle Symbols
Symbols resembling crop circle designs can be seen on various Gem constructs, implying crop circles, often associated with aliens, are caused by gem influence.
- The Galaxy Warp.
- Outside the Ancient Sky Arena, carved on the outer wall next to the four lozenge symbols.