Greg's van is a white mid-1970's Dodge Tradesman with an elaborate custom paint job; an outer-space mural combined with a purple "Mr. Universe" logo and red, orange, and blue lines. The interior contains a powerful sound system as shown in "Laser Light Cannon", "Ocean Gem", and "The Return". It's customized with enough hardware to act as a mobile sound studio as revealed in "The Message."
Acting as the "tour bus" for Greg's one-man band in his youth, it is clear that the van has been around and a part of Greg's life for a long time. Despite owning a car wash complete with an office he could live in, he chooses to live out of his van -- a sign of the sentimental value he places in the vehicle. In "Steven and the Stevens", as his car wash catches on fire, he doesn't attempt to fight the fire, but rather rushes away screaming, "Gotta save the van!" showing that he values its safety higher than that of his business. Despite this, the van has been severely damaged, or even almost entirely demolished, on several occasions and each time it visibly distresses Greg.
- "Laser Light Cannon"
- "Cat Fingers"
- "Rose's Room" (cloud)
- "Ocean Gem"
- "House Guest"
- "Space Race"
- "Winter Forecast"
- "The Message"
- "The Return"
- "Full Disclosure"
- "Story for Steven"
- Greg's song "Let Me Drive My Van into Your Heart" is a reference and tribute to his beloved vehicle.
- Greg's van has been driven, repaired, and destroyed on multiple occasions.
- Pearl drove the van in "Ocean Gem", where it was also destroyed by the water constructs.
- She repaired it in "House Guest" and "The Message".
- She "borrowed" some parts from it to build a spacecraft in "Space Race", which promptly blew up while attempting to leave the Earth's atmosphere.
- In "The Message", Garnet charged up the van with her electrical powers as Amethyst starts the van with a key.
- In "The Return", Steven slammed his fist on dashboard of the car, causing the door to break and the passenger air bag to deploy.
- Pearl and Greg are seen fixing the van again in "Reformed."
- Marty is the third character in the series besides Greg and Pearl known to have driven the van as shown in "Story for Steven".
- Greg's Van acted as a mobile shop for all his merchandise during his musical career. He had CDs called Space Train to the Cosmos, Mr. Universe Shirts, and other items packed in the back of the van (including the merchandise shirts that was meant to be given away but was all given to Steven instead).