Holo-Pearl was summoned by Pearl in order to teach Steven how to sword fight. However, because Steven was distracting the real Pearl, Holo-Pearl found an opening in Pearl's defense and managed to impale her, forcing her to retreat to gemstone to regenerate.
In the two weeks before Pearl finished regenerating, Steven attempted to teach Holo-Pearl how to act like the real Pearl, but this failed. Because all Holo-Pearl is programmed to do is duel, it constantly challenged Steven and anyone nearby to "engage in combat" with it. Steven became increasingly uneasy around Holo-pearl and this culminated in Steven finally lashing out at Holo-pearl and accidentally accepting its challenge by saying that "You're nothing like Pearl... All you want to do is fight me!" Upon Hearing "fight me," Holo-pearl initiated training mode which Steven passed by throwing his toys at it. This caused Holo-pearl to initiate advanced mode and attack Steven again.
Steven eventually managed to defeat Holo-Pearl by throwing a mop at it when its sword was raised, which struck it through the middle, 'defeating' it, and making it passive again. Although it did request another duel, Steven got rid of it by dispersing its essence with the mop. Shortly thereafter, Pearl completed her regeneration.
- Holo-Pearl is not only the first duplicate version of a recurring character, but also the first duplicate version to be an antagonist.
- It is unknown if she can summon Pearl's Spear.
- Holo Pearl appears as one of Pearl's attacks in the Mobile RPG Attack the Light released by Grumpyface Studios.
- Holo-Pearl only has two visual differences with Pearl, they are as follows:
- In "Beach Party", Pearl summoned multiple Holo-Pearls in order to cheat in volleyball.
- However, when Pearl summoned the Holo-Pearls in "Beach Party", they had irises, unlike normal Holo-Pearl.