Ian Jones-Quartey was the supervising director of Steven Universe from the Pilot up until June 2015, and is Rebecca Sugar's boyfriend. After some time, he stepped aside to focus on another project, later revealed to be the OK K.O! Lakewood Plaza Turbo game and the OK K.O.! franchise. He is best known for being the co-creator of the online series nockFORCE and the voice of Wallow for Pendleton Ward's online series Bravest Warriors.
Previously, he was a storyboard revisionist/supervisor of Adventure Time, a storyboard artist on Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, and an art director for The Venture Bros. and SuperNormal. His last day working on Steven Universe was May 29, 2015, with his last credited work as co-executive producer being "Barn Mates", which aired on May 26, 2016.
Jones-Quartey attended the School of Visual Arts, in New York City, alongside Rebecca Sugar.
Episodes Written and Storyboarded
- Steven Universe: The Movie
- Ian stated on his Twitter that he and the Steven Universe staff have nothing against "risqué" fanart, and that he actually likes it.
- He voiced some characters in Steven Universe, like Mr. Queasy.
- He animated the Cartoon Network Studios animated outro logo shown at the end of episodes.
- "Barn Mates" was the last episode of Steven Universe that Ian worked on.
- He has appeared as a background character multiple times throughout the show.
- The Pizza family is based on Ian's family, with Nanefua Pizza in particular being based on his late grandmother Theodosia Okoh.
- Ian asked Rebecca to write the ending credits theme for his own show, OK K.O.! Let's be Heroes. The result was It's Only Magic, which Rebecca herself performed.
- According to Ian, he believed the episode "Ocean Gem" would've been the final episode for the entire series before it was renewed.
- Ian Jones' Spring
- Ian Jones' Tumblr
- Ian Jones' Blogspot (inactive, he suggests to use his Tumblr instead)
- Ian Jones' Twitter
- RPG World, By IanJ (canceled)
- Ian Jones' YouTube
- Ian Jones' Instagram
- Ian Jones' IMDb
- Ian Jones' Wikipedia