This page contains content that is considered "level 2 canon" and may be contradicted by the TV series.
Steven is initially seen being sad around the house, but he is interrupted by Amethyst, who reminds him that Vidalia and Onion are coming over for dinner. Vidalia comes bearing a new painting that she made of Amethyst, titled "Violet Victory", and Onion has his own strange work of art for Steven. They sit down to eat a dinner that Pearl helped Amethyst to create. After dinner, Amethyst and Vidalia go to Amethyst's room to find a place for the painting. Steven and Onion initially play video games together, but Onion slips away and enters Amethyst's room. Steven pursues Onion across several parts of the Temple and beckons him down from several dangerous scenarios.
In the Burning Room, Steven panics about being worried for Onion's safety. This causes Onion to hug Steven, and Steven realizes that Onion was doing all of this because he thought that it would cheer Steven up. The two end up going Rose's Room, where they play with the crowds. They then return to the house, in time for Onion to return home with Vidalia.
- Beach City
- The characters refer to the last time they spent time together at Vidalia's house, in reference to the events of "Onion Friend".
- Vidalia mentions that things have been better since Sour Cream and Yellowtail started seeing eye to eye. This refers to their reconciliation at the end of "Drop Beat Dad".
- Amethyst uses fire salt, which was originally from the episode "Joking Victim".
- In Pearl's room, she is seen polishing an axe. This may be the magic axe that she mentioned in the episode "Onion Trade", which otherwise has not been seen or mentioned throughout canon.
- Amethyst mentions having arranged the dinner as a break from things being "kinda nuts lately", and it is also revealed that Onion is acting out in an attempt to cheer Steven up. This is most likely in reference to the events of "The Trial" and preceding episodes.