"Lion's Mane" is an instrumental soundtrack that plays in "Lion 3: Straight to Video" while Steven explores Lion's mane in his "sleep". Part of the theme song plays again at the end of the same episode after Steven and Sadie finish watching Rose Quartz's video tape.
A Word from the Composers
"I made this demo for the scenes inside of Lion's mane in Lion 3: Straight to Video. When I boarded the scenes that take place in the mane, I thought it would be cool to play some music during the board pitch. I wanted it to be disorienting and weird so I reversed the track, and had it gradually build up with more layers getting weirder and weirder until Steven reaches the tree and it starts playing forward coherently. The track plays backwards up until 1:39 and then it starts playing forward.
I sent this demo to Aivi and Surasshu and they did the awesome version that's in the final episode!"
"This was my take on Rose's beautiful theme by Rebecca. Thank you to Rebecca, Ian, and Jeff Liu for their musical suggestions, and to Jeff Ball for his wonderful violin performance as always!"
- "Lion's Mane" from Lion 3: Straight to Video.
- Original "Rose's Theme" composed by Rebecca Sugar.
- Arranged and mixed by Aivi & Surasshu.
- Strings performed by Jeff Ball.
- Art direction by Elle Michalka.
- Line art by Steven Sugar.
- Painted by Amanda Winterstein.
- Motifs from "Rose's Theme" can be heard in the song.
- The beginning of this song is heard during "An Indirect Kiss" as Steven lies on Rose's statue at her fountain and laments on never being able to meet her.