|This page is a candidate for deletion|
Because it has only made two appearances (and one was a cameo); has been moved to the Sentient Plants page. If you disagree with its deletion, contact any of our admins. You may also improve the page, and remove the
Magic Moss is a magical moss that Rose Quartz planted and cultivated via her phytokinetic abilities. It first appears in the episode "Lars and the Cool Kids".
The moss is green before blooming. The flower is a rosy pink color with five light pink petals circling a central, hot-pink gem.
The moss was originally cared for by Rose Quartz on Brooding Hill. Without Rose's care, the moss eventually made its way down to a lagoon known as Dead Man's Mouth. Realizing the danger the moss poses to humans, the Crystal Gems place police tape around the area. Despite the tape, the Cool Kids decide to swim in the lake. The moss attacks Buck, Jenny, and Sour Cream by wrapping around them until it fully covers their bodies.
Steven and Lars manage to transport the moss up the hill where Rose used to take it. Upon reaching the top of the hill, the moss blooms into thousands of pink-gemmed flowers, freeing Steven and the others. Everyone watches the flowers drift above Beach City, while Steven draws the conclusion that the moss only wanted to bloom.
- The centers of the flowers are similar to rose quartz gems.
- In the episode "Keep Beach City Weird", Ronaldo Fryman states that according to his blog, the moss is not native to this region or dimension.
- Considering its history is tied to Rose Quartz, this is not an unrealistic possibility.
- Ronaldo reveals that he is allergic to the blooms in Keep Beach City Weird: You Can't Hide the Truth!!!.
- The moss is likely based on Portulaca, a genus of flowering plants that are more commonly known as purslanes, moss roses, or rose moss. They are not actually mosses or roses, but are distant relatives of roses, belonging to a different branch of the same clade.