Malachite is a tall fusion, possessing four legs (which are actually arms, but instead function as legs), and two regular arms. She has four eyes and pointed teeth. Her hair is a light mint green color, and is styled in the shape of a star (the crystal gems' symbol) similarly to Lion and Alexandrite. Her two torsos are that of Lapis Lazuli's, but darker, and her chest resembles Jasper's stripes. Her gemstones are located on her nose and back.
Due to being a fusion, Malachite's personality is a twisted combination of aspects of both Jasper's and Lapis' character traits. While little is known about her, it is clear that Malachite shares Jasper's disdain for the Crystal Gems and wished to see them destroyed. However, Lapis' consciousness was shown to be the most dominate as she was able to overpower Jasper's.
- Hydrokinesis: Malachite possesses Lapis Lazuli's hydrokinesis.
- The events of "Jail Break" perfectly coincide with the Malachite's gemology.
- Despite being a fusion, Lapis appeared to be the more dominant Gem within the fusion.
- Malachite, so far, has the third smallest amount of screen time in the entire series, after Sadie's Mother and Vidalia.
- Malachite has maintained fusion for the second longest period of time, after Garnet, despite remaining fused against Jasper's will.
- Jasper also makes an attempt to defuse from Malachite.
- Malachite is the first fusion to have four legs, but in the form of arms.
- Malachite is the third biggest fusion so far, right behind Alexandrite and Sugilite.
- Malachite may be a metaphor of an abusive relationship.
- Malachite is the first non-Crystal Gem fusion to be revealed.
- She was the first fusion in which the Gems that make her are conflicting. Lapis appears to be the dominant Gem, since she was able to imprison Malachite in the bottom of the ocean.
- This is Lapis Lazuli's and Jasper's first seen fusion.
- Malachite was sent to the bottom of the ocean by Lapis Lazuli to prevent Jasper from causing further damage.
- Malachite proved that consent is needed from both/all Gems to fuse when Jasper said, "Just say yes..." to Lapis before they fused. If she didn't need permission, she very well could've forced her to fuse.
- Malachite is similar to Alexandrite, in the fact that she did not have her own personality, as Jasper and Lapis Lazuli immediately began to fight one another. Malachite's voice also came apart when Lapis Lazuli became the dominant personality and dragged down the fusion.
- Malachite is the first Gem to not be called by her name in the show itself, her name was revealed in the credits.
- In "Love Letters", it was revealed that the gems are unsuccessfully looking for Malachite.
- Ironically, Malachite was pulled into the water despite in reality, Malachite is toxic when submerged underwater.
- Malachite is the third fusion to be seen fusing on screen, the first being Sugilite, and second being Garnet.
Learn more about the malachite gemstone here.
- Malachite is a gemstone associated with protection, acting against obstacles or dangers and taking risks; which can be a reference to Lapis' behavior after she fused.
- In traditional Hindu belief systems, malachite is thought to balance the heart chakra, helping to be in touch with emotional needs and deal with emotions effectively.
- Malachite is a traditional gemstone for the 13th wedding anniversary.
- Malachite, while submerged underwater, is toxic.
- Malachite is believed to be a strong protector of children.