The Centipeetle Mother takes in the form of a giant centipede. It is composed of several dark green segments that contain one pair of similarly colored legs, each segment is covered on the upper surface with a hard crystal covering. Its head is composed primarily of a gigantic pair of mandibles that fuse together near the base, it also contains a green crystal protuberance on the base that forms a broken horn-like structure, and the final segment containing no legs but what appears to be secondary mandibles. Right before its head, it has a light cream colored mane. Its gem is circular in shape and colored light green with a dark green contour lines surrounding the circumference of the gem connected to a circular shape, and it is located inside the base of its mandibles. Its gem acts as the iris in its eye.
After being released from the bubble in "Monster Buddies" and regenerating, it sports a heavily reduced form when compared to its previous incarnation. From its body being composed of multiple segments, is now reduced to two segments. Its mane, head, and secondary mandibles have now been reduced in size as well. Also losing the crystal on its forehead. Its gem now comprises the entirety of it's whole eyeball instead of just the iris.
The Centipeetle Mother has the ability to produce and command Centipeetles that aid it in battle. It can also produce an extremely corrosive substance that can easily erode several media ranging from wood to stone to ice. It can use this corrosive substance as a projectile to attack from afar or assault enemies with a constant torrent of the substance to easily breakdown their defenses. It is also able to climb vertical walls and sheer cliff faces.
- The Centipeetle Mother returns in the episode "Monster Buddies".
- When the Centipeetle Mother was reforming itself after it escaped from the bubble, it briefly took a humanoid form before taking its latest form.
- It was revealed in the episode "Ocean Gem" that the Centipeedle Mother, along with most of the monsters previously fought, used to be Gems. Unfortunately, the Gem became corrupted, turning them into the monsters they are now.
- It can still eat with its mouth, even though its eye is also in its mouth.
- It sacrificed itself in order to save Steven.
- Many fans speculated the Centipeetle Mother used to be a Gem called Malachite, but Ian Jones-Quartey confirmed that the corrupted Gem that it used to be is not Malachite.
- Its gemstone has a resemblance to a pokeball from the popular Nintendo series, Pokemon.
- Its name is a play on the words centipede and beetle.
- The monster resembles a centipede as it contains multiple segments that only contain a single pair of legs each and it also resembles a beetle in the sense that it has a hard covering that protects it per segment.