Steven gets new allies.
After managing to escape Yellow Diamond's attacks from the previous episode, Steven and Lars run to hide. They begin to search the outer Gem Homeworld, looking for something to eat. They are eventually spotted by an explosive robonoid. They tried to avoid it, but end up being caught by catching Steven's Gem on it's scanners, and started attacking them. Steven and Lars run behind a wall, with Lars admitting how scared he is, but were later saved by the Twins of Rutile in a tunnel and escaped from it's scanners.
Confused by the type of gems, they walk in the tunnel to a really huge yet abandoned Kindergarten. And later met other rouge gems in the kindergarten, with multiple fusions, such as a Rhodonite, a Fluorite, and a Padparadscha Sapphire which they explained they were defective and useless to their Gem owners.
Soon they were found again by a group of robonoids, and they all went into hiding trying to avoid from being scanned. Steven and Lars hid inside an empty kindergarten hole, and Lars was being scared again. Steven cheer him up saying "it's okay to be scared" calming Lars down. But when Lars saw the Twin Rutile was about to be scanned with no escape, he went out trying to be brave, grabbed a rock, and threw it on to one of the robonoids interrupting their scanners.
- Lars Barriga
- Twins of Rutile (debut)
- Padparadscha (debut)
- Rhodonite (debut)
- Fluorite (debut)
- Morganite (debut, mentioned)
- The Gem Homeworld
- Abandoned Kindergarten
- Steven gains the ability to resurrect people with his tears.
- This episode reveals that if "Off Colors" are spotted on the surface of Gem Homeworld, then they'll be shattered.
- Lars makes a reference to Jurassic Park when he says for him and Steven to not move so the scanners weren't seeing them. He later refers to it as seeing a "dinosaur movie."
- This episode follows the events of "The Trial".
- When Lars first sees Fluorite, the circular gem on her forehead has a pentagonal facet. For the rest of the episode the facet is triangular.
View the episode's transcript here.