The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Patti LuPone is an American actress and singer, best known for her work in stage musicals, most notably as Eva "Evita" Perón in Evita. She provides the voice of Yellow Diamond.
- LuPone was born April 21, 1949, in Northport, New York, on Long Island, the daughter of Angela Louise (née Patti), a college library administrator, and Orlando Joseph LuPone, a school administrator.
- Married to Matthew Johnston in 1988, the couple were wed on the stage of the Vivian Beaumont Theater at Lincoln Center on December 12, 1988, after filming the TV movie LBJ: The Early Years.
- As well as voicing Yellow Diamond, the diamond is also her birthstone.
- LuPone played big roles in musicals like Sweeney Todd (Ms.Lovett), Gypsy (Rose), Evita (Eva Perón), War Paint (Helena Rubinstein) and many more.
- Patti intended to leave the theatre world before she was asked to do Company in 2018, directed by Marianne Elliot whom she had been wanting to work with. If not for that role she would have left Broadway and the West End.
- Patti has won 2 Tonys and 2 Grammys.
- She is a close associate of White Diamond's voice actress, Christine Ebersole, notably having co-starred with her in the musical War Paint.
- In 2006, LuPone was inducted into the American Theatre Hall of Fame.
- The American Theatre Hall of Fame's annual fellowship luncheon in 2020 also saluted LuPone.
- Patti LuPone's IMDb
- Patti LuPone's Official website
- Patti LuPone's Wikipedia
- Patti LuPone on Twitter
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.