Very funny, Pink.
The Pebbles are miniature in size and have shades of gray skin and eyes which are black in color. The Pebbles vary greatly in appearance compared to other Gem types. The gemstones of the Pebbles are round and come in different shades of gray.
The Pebbles were shown to be good friends with Pink Diamond and, by extension, Steven. This friendship is demonstrated when the Pebbles are overjoyed upon "Pink Diamond"'s (Steven's) return to her palace.
The Pebbles acted timidly around the other Gems who entered Pink Diamond's room, running to hide for unknown reasons. Eventually, the Pebbles grew accustomed to the presence of Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, Connie, and even Blue Diamond. The Pebbles grew enough trust to obey directions beyond Pink Diamond when building furniture. In her short time with it, Fisto developed a fixation on Steven's phone.
The Pebbles seem to have standard Gem abilities.
- Skilled Craftsmanship and Tailoring: The Pebbles are shown to be skilled builders and tailors. The Pebbles can make a functional outfit out of nearby materials with ease and impressive speed. One Pebble has demonstrated to build the entirety of a small house within Steven's mouth in a few seconds.
- Shapeshifting: The Pebbles can shapeshift their hands into hammers, scissors, sewing needles, hooks, and blades. Such tools go beyond their appearance and seem to match their assumed durability, as well.
Noggin's gemstone is located on the back of her head. It appears to be sort of a bun-Gem, like an original concept for the Jades(a pink Jade). Her gem is the grayest of the Pebbles.
|Noggin has grey skin, an oblong head, and wears a purple dress. She has the smallest/roundest torso of the Pebbles, and her ovoid handsstick out amoung the other Pebbles. She's also the only Pebble with pronounced cheeks.|
Chesto's gemstone is located on her chest. It may also count as a neck, jugular cavity and navel gem, as her massive gem spans from her chin to nearly her waist.
|Chesto has purple-grey skin, a boomerang-like head, and wears a light greenish-blue split dress with a lighter underside. Her feet are the flattest of the Pebbles, and the largest eyes.|
Patch's gemstone is located in place of her right eye. Her gem is notable for being the most protruding of eye-gem Gems, as it is large enough to protrude and induce wrinkles when she tries to emote with it.
|Patch has lighter purple-grey skin, a boomerang-like head, and wears a yellow top with an orange skirt. She appears to be pudgy, and her top extends over her hands, and shapeshifts with her.|
Footy's gemstone is located in place of her right foot. It is hard enough to function as such, and is solid enough to withstand consistent collision with the floors and internal structures of Pink's palace room.
|Footy has yellowish-grey skin, a round head, and wears a reddish-pink dress with a large pinkish-red bow on her front waist. She's the only Pebble whose outfit appears to consist of single strokes on the sides.|
Brainy's gemstone is located on the top of her head. It may also be considered a hair gem, like Noggin's, and is obscured where Gem meets head.
|Brainy has grey skin, a large, oval-shaped head, and wears a light blue dress with a white apron-pocket and a small greenish-blue bow in the back. Her hands are more rounded in appearance than the others, save for Baby Pebble. She also has a catlike mouth when smiling or neutral. She also has the widest face of ever|
Nosey's gemstone is located at the center of her face, resembling a nose. She appears to have the smallest gemstone of the Pebbles.
|Nosey has grey skin, a boomerang-like head, a pink dress with a pinkish white underside, and a pink bow on the back of her dress. Her dress comes over her hands like Patch, and also shapeshifts with it over her hands.|
Fisto's gemstone is located in place of her left hand, and is hard enough to use as a hammer. Animation errors put her gem in the wrong hand in certain shots.
|Fisto has grey skin, a round head, wears a green coat with similarly-colored shoes and hat, and lime-green pants. Unlike the rest of the Pebbles, Fisto appears to possess an opposable thumb, causing her hand to resemble a mitten (while her other hand is replaced by her gem). (This Pebble is voiced by Zach Callison instead of Susan Egan, the reason for this is unknown.)|
|Unlike the other Pebbles, the Baby Pebble does not have a gemstone; that is, unless the stone she was created from can be considered her gem. If this is true, her stone is just under the surface of her skin, making her the only body Gem/Gem construct known.||
The Baby Pebble was accidentally created when a drop of sweat fell from Steven's face onto a rock-like object. Her entire body looks like an actual pebble (with the addition of arms, legs, and a face). This is because, unlike the other Pebbles, she is not a Gem, but rather a rock that came to life (similar to how Watermelon Stevens are sentient watermelons). However, she still works alongside the other Pebbles.
Pebbles have the job of building and sewing things, such as beds and clothes. Like Bismuths, they are adept at shapeshifting their limbs into any tool they require.
|1. "Full Disclosure":||Absent||14. "Historical Friction":||Absent|
|2. "Joy Ride":||Absent||15. "Friend Ship":||Absent|
|3. "Say Uncle":||Absent||16. "Nightmare Hospital":||Absent|
|4. "Love Letters":||Absent||17. "Sadie's Song":||Absent|
|5. "Reformed":||Absent||18. "Catch and Release":||Mentioned|
|6. "Sworn to the Sword":||Absent||19. "When It Rains":||Absent|
|7. "Rising Tides, Crashing Skies":||Absent||20. "Back to the Barn":||Absent|
|8. "Keeping It Together":||Absent||21. "Too Far":||Absent|
|9. "We Need to Talk":||Absent||22. "The Answer":||Absent|
|10. "Chille Tid":||Absent||23. "Steven's Birthday":||Absent|
|11. "Cry for Help":||Absent||24. "It Could've Been Great":||Absent|
|12. "Keystone Motel":||Absent||25. "Message Received":||Absent|
|13. "Onion Friend":||Absent||26. "Log Date 7 15 2":||Absent|
|1. "Stuck Together":||Absent||15. "Pool Hopping":||Absent|
|2. "The Trial":||Absent||16. "Letters to Lars":||Absent|
|3. "Off Colors":||Absent||17. "Can't Go Back":||Absent|
|4. "Lars' Head":||Absent||18. "A Single Pale Rose":||Absent|
|5. "Dewey Wins":||Absent||19. "Now We're Only Falling Apart":||Absent|
|6. "Gemcation":||Absent||20. "What's Your Problem?":||Absent|
|7. "Raising the Barn":||Absent||21. "The Question":||Absent|
|8. "Back to the Kindergarten":||Absent||22. "Made of Honor":||Absent|
|9. "Sadie Killer":||Absent||23/24. "Reunited":||Absent|
|10. "Kevin Party":||Absent||25. "Legs From Here to Homeworld":||Absent|
|11. "Lars of the Stars":||Absent||26. "Familiar":||Debut|
|12. "Jungle Moon":||Absent||27. "Together Alone":||Non-speaking|
|13. "Your Mother and Mine":||Absent||28. "Escapism":||Pictured|
|14. "The Big Show":||Absent||29-32. "Change Your Mind":||Non-speaking|
|1. "Little Homeschool":||Absent||11. "In Dreams":||Absent|
|2. "Guidance":||Absent||12. "Bismuth Casual":||Absent|
|3. "Rose Buds":||Absent||13. "Together Forever":||Absent|
|4. "Volleyball":||Absent||14. "Growing Pains":||Absent|
|5. "Bluebird":||Absent||15. "Mr. Universe":||Absent|
|6. "A Very Special Episode":||Absent||16. "Fragments":||Absent|
|7. "Snow Day":||Absent||17. "Homeworld Bound":||Non-speaking|
|8. "Why So Blue?":||Absent||18. "Everything's Fine":||Absent|
|9. "Little Graduation":||Absent||19. "I Am My Monster":||Absent|
|10. "Prickly Pair":||Absent||20. "The Future":||Absent|
- In "Catch and Release", Peridot uses "pebble" as an insult against Steven. The term may be referencing the Pebbles and imply the Pebbles have a low status on Homeworld, even lower than a Pearl. Squaridot also commonly uses "pebble" as an insult in Save the Light.
- This status appears to hold true, as the Pebbles only serve as construction and tailor workers that likely follow directions beyond Pink Diamond from those considered even low-class or abnormal (Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Connie).
- Baby is the youngest Gem in the franchise, at around two years old as of Steven Universe: The Movie.
- The Pebbles creating a Pink Diamond outfit for Steven is a reference to the scene in Cinderella where her mouse friends help create a dress for her to wear at the ball.
- The Pebbles are voiced by Susan Egan and Zach Callison, who are the same voice actors who voice Rose Quartz/Pink Diamond and Steven respectively.
- Fisto (the Pebble voiced by Zach), is the first non-corrupted full gem to have a male voice actor.
- Unlike the other Gems seen thus far, pebbles are not named after a type of mineral. The term "pebble" is used to denote grain size rather than type/composition. According to the Wentworth scale, different types of pebbles have a particle size ranging from 4 to 65 millimeters.
- They are the smallest non-corrupted Gems to date.
- It is implied during the song "Familiar" that Pink Diamond created some of the Pebbles to keep her company.
- In the game KleptoCats Cartoon Network, a Pebble (specifically Brainy) is an item that can be acquired. Her flavor text, spoken by Pearl, states: "I'll let you in on a little secret, back in Homeworld, these Pebbles did a lot of the heavy lifting for Pearls." The canonicity of this is unknown.