|This article is about the Save the Light boss. You may be looking for another Peridot or the Crystal Gem member.|
Prepare for humiliating defeat, you, you... PEBBLES!
|—Save the Light|
"Squaridot" has an olive-green complexion darker than the Crystal Gem Peridot 5XG and chartreuse-yellow hair in the shape of a rectangular prism. Her eyebrows are significantly bushier than the Crystal Gem's Peridot, almost resembling Steven's in a way. A white visor covers the top half of her face and her triangular gemstone replaces her left eye.
"Squaridot" wears a green and black Homeworld uniform with a bulky upper torso and spherical shoulder pads. Her stomach and knees bear Yellow Diamond's insignia. She is equipped with Limb Enhancers on her arms and legs indicating she is an Era 2 Peridot.
She is wholly devoted to her mission on Earth and sees anything that gets in her way as an obstacle to be crushed. Much like Peridot 5XG she believes that Steven Universe represents an entire species sharing his name but never openly recants this. She is deeply loyal to her superiors and seems to hold Yellow Diamond in the highest regard possible as she fantasized of being praised by her as the most wonderful thing she could ever hope for.
Further reinforcing similarities to pre-stranding Peridot is her pride in running a smoothly efficient operation. When something interferes she exhibits a mixture of panic and frustration leading her to display erratic behavior. When she and Peridot got into an argument, their bickering devolved into a volley of insults, highlighting their mutual stubborn streaks and tempers.
Like Peridot, she prefers to rely on weaponry provided to her by Homeworld to make up for her lack of innate powers as an Era 2 Gem. In her case, she falls back on her vehicle and only pulls out the weapons of her Limb Enhancers when fed up with Peridot's insults.
Her beliefs run deeply close to those once held by Peridot in that she deems organic life inferior and believes Gems failing to adhere to Homeworld's Caste System are hopelessly defective. She mocked Peridot for losing her own Limb Enhancers and steadfastly refused to listen to her insistence that there was nothing wrong with abandoning Homeworld's beliefs.
"Squaridot" was a Peridot assigned to Hessonite's command and came to Earth in order to help her track down one of the Light Prisms. When the Crystal Gems' search takes them to The Great North, they come across "Squaridot" making a field report; Steven realizes she is a different Peridot, giving her a nickname while noticing their interaction is oddly familiar. After spotting them, the Homeworld Peridot initially seems surprised to see other Gems on Earth but quickly dismisses them as an evident obstacle that must be obliterated. Vowing to earn her superiors' praise "Squaridot" boards her Attack Pod and engages the Crystal Gems in battle.
After her defeat "Squaridot" remains defiant as the Crystal Gems capture her swearing she'll never betray her superior. As this unfolds Steven realizes the situation is similar to when Peridot first arrived. As the Peridot he knew ended up joining the Crystal Gems he theorizes that "Squaridot" can also be convinced.
When they bring "Squaridot" to the barn she sees Peridot and comments how "naked and detached" she is while snickering about how glad she is to not be her. When Peridot fires back that "Squaridot" doesn't have to do anything Homeworld says the two start arguing over their ideals and the situation devolves into a shouting match until "Squaridot" accidentally lets slip Hessonite's presence at the Gem Battlefield which Peridot mocks her for; in response she activates her Limb Enhancers' energy weapons and aims them at Peridot. Upon Steven's cry for help Garnet, Amethyst or Pearl poofs Squaridot and Garnet bubbles her for good measure.
She is heard in the post-credits scene laughing while piloting her damaged pod before going into hyperspace.
"Squaridot" presumably possesses the standard abilities of an Era 2 Peridot including bubbling, regeneration and superhuman durability. It's unclear, however whether she has the same potential for magnetic manipulation the way Peridot does.
- Limb Enhancers: Mechanical body extensions compensating for "Squaridot"'s assumed lack of powers. While she isn't seen using them to the same extent as Peridot did her tools included the same digital computer and energy blaster.
- Attack Pod: Manned combat vehicle that "Squaridot" may summon at will.
- According to Grumpyface Studios her Limb Enhancers were destroyed during poofing.
- "Squaridot" appears in Dreamland Arcade as an unlockable skin for Peridot.
- Similarly to how Peridot calls people "clods", "Squaridot" calls people "pebbles".
- However, like her Crystal Gem counterpart she tends to say "clod" as well as shown when fighting with her.
- She is heard in the post-credits scene of Unleash the Light implying she was unbubbled sometime after Save the Light.
- A Peridot seen in "Homeworld Bound" resembles "Squaridot"; this Peridot also has square-shaped hair and bushy eyebrows.
|"Squaridot"'s gemstone is located where her left eye would otherwise be. It has facets around the edge but they are hidden behind her skin making it appear smooth-surfaced. Her gem also lacks a ring. It has a triangular shape.|
- ↑ Den of Geek: "Hessonite is a pompous Homeworld commander who makes her way to Earth in order to retrieve the lost Prism and transform it back into a powerful weapon. She is the director of the previously announced Squaridot who is also making her debut within the game."
- ↑ ToonZone News: "She added that the new battle boss Squaridot came about because many Peridots exist, and obviously, the Peridot we know has changed and grown a lot since she was first introduced to the show. Squaridot has not changed whatsoever from pre-Earth Peridot, and Sugar said it was fun revisiting the old Peridot mindset who hasn't learned anything at all."
- ↑ To those wondering about the fate of Squaridot’s limb enhancers: our intent was that they were destroyed during her poofing.