|This article is about the Gem type and its members. You may be looking for the former Homeworld Gem and current Crystal Gem Peridot or the video game character Squaridot.|
Peridots are low ranking technological Gems. All known Peridots have been voiced by Shelby Rabara.
- Main article: Caste System
Peridots served mainly as technicians and Kindergarteners, sometimes performing field assignments on other planets such as the Peridot who befriended Steven and joined the Crystal Gems. Being workers, Peridots had a low rank, only being allowed into elite Homeworld areas if a job was needed to be done there.
Era-2 Peridots were given Limb Enhancers to compensate for the lack of strength and unique abilities, save for enhanced durability, older Gems had due to the depletion of resources on Homeworld. One Peridot so far was shown to have ferrokinetic abilities.
Peridots tend to have green skin and yellow or green hair that comes in a variety of shapes. Though originally much taller during Era-1, Peridots made on Homeworld during Era-2 exhibit noticeable dwarfism, being only roughly half their intended height.
- Peridot Facet-2F5L Cut-5XG – A former Yellow Diamond subordinate assigned to report on the status of Earth and now part of the Crystal Gems.
- "Squaridot" - A subordinate of Hessonite nicknamed for her hair, temporarily bubbled by the Crystal Gems but last observed heading through hyperspace.
A Peridot wearing a non-uniform style is seen watching a single transmission panel. She appears to be somewhat of an outcast or an atypically-working Peridot. Her gem placement is completely unknown, as is much of her appearance.
In the shot of Homeworld with several more transmission panels, several, more uniformed Peridots can be seen with a large group.
Multiple Peridots appear in Unleash the Light.
A Peridot appears, partaking in Aubergine Pearl's tour of Homeworld.
- The Peridot in Homeworld Bound is the first time we see a Peridot with different hair in the show.
- She is also the second Peridot with square hair overall.