|This article is about the fusion of Rose Quartz and Pearl. You may be looking for the fusion of Steven and Pearl.|
That was Rainbow Quartz. Pearl thought a fusion might give your video a little... something extra.
|—Rose Quartz, "We Need to Talk"|
Rainbow Quartz has multi-colored voluminous hair which appears to be a mix of Pearl's and Rose's hair. It is long, large, and wavy like Rose's, while each tuft ends in a distinctive point like Pearl's. While her palette is unknown due to the tinted lighting present in her most notable appearance, in concept art her palette depicts her having a lavender complexion with blonde or pink hair.
She possesses only a single pair of arms, and is slender and curvaceous with a tall stature, standing a few inches taller than Opal. Rainbow Quartz possesses two pairs of eyes; the top pair of eyes are larger and more rounded and colored pale indigo, whereas the bottom pair is thinner and more shapely with black pupils. Her nose is shapely and pointed like Pearl's nose, but short with discernible nostrils like Rose's. She also has defined lips that are similar to Rose's, although Rainbow Quartz's lips lack the sheen of Rose's. Her facial structure resembles Pink Diamond's; this likely has something to do with the fact that Rose Quartz is Pink Diamond.
Rainbow Quartz wears a sleeveless, skin-tight pinkish-peach strapless leotard with violet high-leggings. There is a stylized, downward-pointing, arrowhead-shaped cut-out on the stomach area of the leotard where Rose's gemstone is. She also wears a loose, sheer, translucent long-sleeved, bright, pastel-blue blouse with thin lime-green outlines over her upper body. Her outfit includes no footwear, but instead has long, magenta legwarmers that cover half of her lower legs and feet.
Rainbow first appeared while Rose, Garnet, Amethyst and Greg were filming a music video for his song "What Can I Do (For You)". During Greg's guitar solo, Pearl walks up to Rose and convinces her to fuse. After fusing and meeting Greg, Rainbow performed a couple of dance moves for the music video, all while Greg watches in amazement and disbelief.
Moments before defusing, Rainbow gave Greg a malicious look, most likely coming from Pearl, followed by her performing one last move before defusing back into Rose and Pearl. When the video ends, Rose introduces Rainbow Quartz to Greg, as well as the idea of fusion, as Pearl had suggested creating her to give something extra to the video.
While Rainbow Quartz did not physically appear, she was indirectly mentioned by Pearl as she was singing "It's Over Isn't It".
After seeing Ruby and Sapphire fuse into Garnet for the first time in the Cloud Arena, Rose was inspired and Pearl attempted to fuse with her for the first time. However, the fusion attempt failed, only creating her form out of light for an instant before breaking apart.
Little is known about Rainbow Quartz's traits or personality since she made an appearance three times. From Pearl's perspective, she existed at the time only to show Greg that she and Rose have a better relationship, and he needs to understand that for her, he's just a common and odd human.
Rainbow Quartz is assumed to possess standard Gem abilities and traits. Being a fusion of Pearl and Rose Quartz, it could be assumed that she is very powerful since she is a fusion involving a Diamond.
She is very agile and graceful, as she can stand on the tips of her toes and execute acrobatics. Her weapon is presumably a parasol (the weapon of Rainbow Quartz 2.0). Not much is known about her abilities, as she was only seen formed by Rose and Pearl as part of a failed first fusion attempt, and for Greg Universe's music video.
- When fused with Ruby, Sapphire (or Garnet), and Amethyst, they form Obsidian.
- Rainbow Quartz could also form Obsidian by fusing with Sugilite.
|1. "Full Disclosure":||Absent||14. "Historical Friction":||Absent|
|2. "Joy Ride":||Absent||15. "Friend Ship":||Absent|
|3. "Say Uncle":||Absent||16. "Nightmare Hospital":||Absent|
|4. "Love Letters":||Absent||17. "Sadie's Song":||Absent|
|5. "Reformed":||Absent||18. "Catch and Release":||Absent|
|6. "Sworn to the Sword":||Absent||19. "When It Rains":||Absent|
|7. "Rising Tides, Crashing Skies":||Absent||20. "Back to the Barn":||Absent|
|8. "Keeping It Together":||Absent||21. "Too Far":||Absent|
|9. "We Need to Talk":||Debut||22. "The Answer":||Absent|
|10. "Chille Tid":||Absent||23. "Steven's Birthday":||Absent|
|11. "Cry for Help":||Absent||24. "It Could've Been Great":||Absent|
|12. "Keystone Motel":||Absent||25. "Message Received":||Absent|
|13. "Onion Friend":||Absent||26. "Log Date 7 15 2":||Absent|
|1. "Super Watermelon Island":||Absent||13. "Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service":||Absent|
|2. "Gem Drill":||Absent||14. "Monster Reunion":||Absent|
|3. "Same Old World":||Absent||15. "Alone at Sea":||Absent|
|4. "Barn Mates":||Absent||16. "Greg the Babysitter":||Absent|
|5. "Hit the Diamond":||Absent||17. "Gem Hunt":||Absent|
|6. "Steven Floats":||Absent||18. "Crack the Whip":||Absent|
|7. "Drop Beat Dad":||Absent||19. "Steven vs. Amethyst":||Absent|
|8. "Mr. Greg":||Mentioned||20/21. "Bismuth":||Absent|
|9. "Too Short to Ride":||Absent||22. "Beta":||Absent|
|10. "The New Lars":||Absent||23. "Earthlings":||Absent|
|11. "Beach City Drift":||Absent||24. "Back to the Moon":||Absent|
|12. "Restaurant Wars":||Absent||25. "Bubbled":||Absent|
- Her appearance bears a striking resemblance to the character Danse from the TV cartoon series, Jem and the Holograms.
- Her outfit closely resembles an 80s-90s dancing/workout outfit.
- Her skin, hair, and gemstones' colors are unknown due to the tinted lighting during her only extended screentime.
- However, it can be assumed that her gemstones' colors are the same as Rainbow Quartz 2.0.
- She was the first fusion on-screen to de-fuse of her own will. Other fusions have been damaged, broken, or have fallen out of sync.
- Her formation was the first time Greg saw Gems fusing.
- Rainbow Quartz is the first fusion revealed to involve Rose Quartz.
- She is also the first fusion involving Pearl that does not have her dominant nose trait – rather, it is upturned and slightly pointy.
- Her eyes seem to be expressing the different emotion of each of her parts towards Greg, a loving look from Rose's eyes and a cocky/boastful look from Pearl's.
- With the revelation in "A Single Pale Rose" that Rose Quartz is Pink Diamond, Rainbow Quartz also confirms that Diamonds can fuse with other Gems.
- Rainbow Quartz doesn't include any Quartz-type gem despite being named a Quartz.
- This is also the case with Sardonyx.
- Rainbow quartz is associated with hope and optimism.
| Pearl's gemstone on Rainbow Quartz, featuring a large ring around the middle. It is smooth, without facets.
|Rose Quartz's gemstone on Rainbow Quartz, featuring a pentagonal facet.|