|This article is about the fusion of Steven and Pearl. You may be looking for the fusion of Rose Quartz and Pearl or the soundtrack.|
Now that's two stones, with one bird.
|—"Change Your Mind"|
Rainbow Quartz, also referred to as Rainbow (Quartz) 2.0 in order to differentiate themselves from the original Rainbow Quartz, is the fusion of Steven Universe and Pearl. They made their reformed debut in "Change Your Mind".
Rainbow Quartz 2.0 maintains the original Rainbow Quartz's pink skin color, but their hair is significantly shorter and smaller, instead resembling a thicker, wavier version of Pearl's hair, and is deep mauve in color along with dull blue, dull purple, and light magenta streaks. They share a thin build with Pearl but have strong, wider calves and feet, which stem from Steven.
Pearl's gem uses a shade of pink, which very closely resembles the shade of their skin color, and Steven's gem uses shades of pink, purple, and yellow.
They wear a long-sleeved teal blazer, vaguely similar to Pearl's over a midriff version of Steven's salmon-pink t-shirt with a yellow star in the middle, Steven's jeans as knee-length shorts, and Pearl's pink ballet slippers.
Due to Steven's clothing change, Rainbow Quartz keeps Steven's pants, but now wears Steven's black shirt and pink varsity jacket along with Pearl's pink ballet flats.
Pearl's dignity and balletic flair combine with Steven's lighthearted fun side and his occasional "goofiness" to form Rainbow Quartz's very flamboyant, fun, and posh personality.
A selfless caregiver, they plunge confidently through the air to rescue the falling gemstones of their friends. In a manner similar to that of Sardonyx, they speak with an English accent and share Steven's affinity for wordplay. Their caring nature is seen again in "A Very Special Episode" where they babysit Onion.
They are described as someone who is both creative and who solves problems with ease.
Rainbow Quartz 2.0 possesses standard Gem abilities, bubbling, shapeshifting, fusion, regeneration, agelessness, and superhuman strength/durability.
- When fused with Amethyst, Ruby, and Sapphire, they form Obsidian.
- They could also form Obsidian by fusing with Sugilite.
- Parasol Proficiency: Rainbow Quartz 2.0 can, by mixing Pearl's spear and Steven's shield, summon their weapon: a large parasol, with pastel pink and violet tones with a white star design on top of it. When used, it enables Rainbow Quartz to easily float through the air and fly away in the air.
- Rocket Parasol: Rainbow Quartz 2.0 can ride their parasol as if it were a witch's broomstick. When flying, the parasol gives off a rainbow-colored trail-boost.
- Speed of Descent Regulation: Carried over from Steven, Rainbow Quartz 2.0 can control how fast they fall via the parasol.
- Object Animation: By tapping their parasol on an inanimate object, Rainbow Quartz 2.0 can bring that "to life" and "animate" it. This is shown as Rainbow carries Onion's toys inside a drawer.
- Repulsive Telekinesis: It is shown that Rainbow can apparently manipulate and repulse (pressurize) someone/thing by slashing their "target" with their parasol, forming a white weak aura. This is shown when they repulse Onion to the top of a staircase.
- Rainbow Generation: Rainbow Quartz 2.0 can create a rainbow wave from their hands, each hand connecting both rainbow's ends.
|1. "Stuck Together":||Absent||15. "Pool Hopping":||Absent|
|2. "The Trial":||Absent||16. "Letters to Lars":||Absent|
|3. "Off Colors":||Absent||17. "Can't Go Back":||Absent|
|4. "Lars' Head":||Absent||18. "A Single Pale Rose":||Absent|
|5. "Dewey Wins":||Absent||19. "Now We're Only Falling Apart":||Absent|
|6. "Gemcation":||Absent||20. "What's Your Problem?":||Absent|
|7. "Raising the Barn":||Absent||21. "The Question":||Absent|
|8. "Back to the Kindergarten":||Absent||22. "Made of Honor":||Absent|
|9. "Sadie Killer":||Absent||23/24. "Reunited":||Absent|
|10. "Kevin Party":||Absent||25. "Legs From Here to Homeworld":||Absent|
|11. "Lars of the Stars":||Absent||26. "Familiar":||Absent|
|12. "Jungle Moon":||Absent||27. "Together Alone":||Absent|
|13. "Your Mother and Mine":||Absent||28. "Escapism":||Absent|
|14. "The Big Show":||Absent||29-32. "Change Your Mind":||Debut|
|1. "Little Homeschool":||Absent||11. "In Dreams":||Absent|
|2. "Guidance":||Absent||12. "Bismuth Casual":||Absent|
|3. "Rose Buds":||Absent||13. "Together Forever":||Absent|
|4. "Volleyball":||Absent||14. "Growing Pains":||Absent|
|5. "Bluebird":||Absent||15. "Mr. Universe":||Absent|
|6. "A Very Special Episode":||Appears||16. "Fragments":||Absent|
|7. "Snow Day":||Absent||17. "Homeworld Bound":||Absent|
|8. "Why So Blue?":||Absent||18. "Everything's Fine":||Absent|
|9. "Little Graduation":||Absent||19. "I Am My Monster":||Absent|
|10. "Prickly Pair":||Absent||20. "The Future":||Absent|
- They are the first fusion in the series to not have a voice actress. The second is Steg. They are also the first and only fusion to use he/him pronouns alongside they/them pronouns.
- Their design and personality were described by Colin Howard as a "fusion" of Mary Poppins (from the book series of the same name) and Dick Van Dyke (an American actor, comedian, and performer).
- They share multiple similarities to the character Mary Poppins, especially their British accent and their ability to float using their umbrella and when they babysat Onion they also made his toys come to life.
- Rainbow Quartz 2.0 babysitting Onion is another reference to Mary Poppins.
- Colin Howard also referred to the character with he/him pronouns. This was later confirmed again by Rebecca Sugar on The Steven Universe Podcast.
- Colin has also stated that aspects of Rainbow's design were inspired by Nintendo's Kirby video game series.
- Their quote "Rainbow Quartz powers activate!" may be a reference to Steven's quote "Serious Steven, ACTIVATE!" in the episode "Serious Steven", Steven's quote "Cookie Cat Crystal Combo powers, ACTIVATE!", and Pearl's quote "Fusion...activate!" in the episode "Now We're Only Falling Apart".
- Due to Steven's clothing change during the time skip, similar to Sunstone, Rainbow 2.0 is also a fusion with the least amount of one of their component's clothing keeping only Pearl's ballet shoes.
- They were originally going to have a scarf, but that meant Pearl would need a scarf, so the idea was scrapped.
- The umbrella was chosen as Rainbow Quartz 2.0's gem weapon, because an umbrella can be defensive when opened, like Steven/Rose Quartz's shield, and offensive when closed, like Pearl's spear.
| Pearl's gemstone on Rainbow Quartz 2.0, featuring a large ring around the middle. It is smooth, without facets.
|Steven's gemstone on Rainbow Quartz 2.0, featuring a pentagonal facet with a mix of purple, yellow and pink. It looks similar to a real rainbow quartz gem.|