- Strings performed by: Jeff Ball
- Mostly written by: Surasshu
Word from Surasshu
"Some songs from "The Return". Strings performed by Jeff Ball. Aivi wrote Night Drive 2, we collaborated on The Beach and I wrote most of Jasper. The melody of Rose's theme that we referenced in Night Drive 2 was originally composed by Rebecca Sugar.
While we were working on Night Drive 2, Tom Scharpling's dialog was mixed very softly, so whenever Rose's Theme came in, we could never understand a word he was saying about the big reveal of Rose's backstory. We'd always yell (in Steven's voice): "What?! Dad, you have to speak up! I can't hear you over the background music!"
- Motifs from Peridot and Lapis' themes can be heard at several intervals in Jasper's theme.
- Motifs of this track are played again in "Chille Tid", when Jasper emerges from the water in Malachite's Realm.
- A motif of this track is played when Skinny appears in "That Will Be All".