Rose's Battle Flag is the flag Rose Quartz used during The Rebellion or the Gem War for Earth that took place over 5,500 years ago. It was placed inside the pocket-dimension in Lion's mane after the conclusion of the War and rediscovered in "Lion 3: Straight to Video" by Steven. The flag later appears in the episode, "Rose's Scabbard", after Steven retrieves it for Pearl. It's seen once more in "Bismuth" among the items inside Lion's mane.
It appears to be especially meaningful to Pearl as it represents her devotion to Rose Quartz and her defiance of Homeworld and her place in the status quo.
The flag is first seen as Steven explores the Pink Dimension.
Steven pulls the flag out of the Pink Dimension for Pearl, who goes on to use it as a prop while relaying war stories to him.
The flag is seen as Steven enters the Pink Dimension to hide a shirt from Lion.
As Steven travels through the Pink Dimension back to Earth, the flag is seen in its usual location.
Throughout Garnet's retelling of the story of Rose Quartz, the flag is depicted several times.
- The symbol at the center of the flag resembles a more refined version of the symbol on Rose's scabbard and at the center of Rose's shield.
- The flag appears on the cover of Guide to the Crystal Gems being held by Pearl.
- During the extended theme song, the flag appears in the background as Pearl sings "I will fight in the name of Rose Quartz and everything that she believed in"!
- It can be inferred that the flag was once a prominent symbol of the Rebellion.
- Despite the Crystal Gems' stiff opposition to the Diamond Authority and the flag as a symbol of the Rebellion, it has pink diamonds in the background. This may be a reference to Rose's original identity of Pink Diamond, or it may symbolize defiance of Pink Diamond, as the diamonds are crossed out by an X of thorned vines.