Rose Quartz's video tape is a VHS that was found inside Lion's Dimension and watched by Steven and Sadie within the break room of the Big Donut in the episode "Lion 3: Straight to Video". In "Lion 4: Alternate Ending", Steven watches his mother's line while trying to find answers that he he need to know to learn the truth, and another VHS tape was discovered at Rose's Landfill in the Desert that was for "Nora", the name Steven would have been given if he had been a girl.
The tape is a soft gray colored VHS with the words "For Steven" written in cursive on a piece of tape.
Rose's videotape contains a short series of clips put together by Rose Quartz and Greg Universe. The tape includes clips such as a shot of the Temple before the Beach House is built, a clip of Greg on the beach, an introduction video by Greg for Steven, and a video by Rose Quartz addressing Steven about her love for him and how she will be half of him.
- After Lars walks in on Steven and Sadie watching Rose's video tape, there is a short callback to the episode "Lars and the Cool Kids", where Steven "high-fives" Lars' chest.
- During the video, Rose Quartz uses a fade out transition animation that is very similar to the fade out animation commonly used to conclude an episode.
- The tape inspires Sadie to call her mom and thank her for the lunches she makes for her.
- The video includes an homage to the Cowboy Bebop episode "Speak Like a Child".
- The video also inspired by 2009 movie 9 that the scientist recorded the holographic box for the last stitchpunk 9 before activating the Talisman when he died to transfer his last soul to bring 9 to life.