Sapphire has blue skin and pale blue, wavy hair with bangs that cover the upper-half of her face, concealing any eyes. She is slightly taller than Ruby. Her lips and facial structure resemble Garnet's.
Sapphire wears a floor-length dress. It features white, puffed sleeves, a dark-blue top, and a blue skirt. Her dress has a sky-blue pinafore over the top. The skirt has several frilly layers and, when viewed from below, resembles an open geode. She also wears long, white gloves.
|Sapphire wears a dark-blue dress with a light-blue ribbon. She has white puffy shoulder-pads and she wears white gloves.||
"San Diego Comic Con"
Not much is known about Sapphire's personality at this time, but it is very clear that she is very compassionate and level-headed. She seems to balance out Ruby's more impulsive personality when they're fused as Garnet. She is shown to hold some intelligence, as she came to the conclusion of Steven's immunity almost immediately.
- Super Speed: Despite her long dress, she can travel at a high speed, an ability unmatched by any other known Gem.
- Future Vision (possibly): As confirmed by the creators, Ruby does not have future vision. This heavily implies that Sapphire has this ability, this is also supported by the fact that she was able to find Ruby in a matter of seconds.
Sapphire and Ruby have a romantic relationship, with Sapphire giving a kiss into Ruby's forehead when they were reunited. This has also been confirmed by one of the storyboard artists, Joe Johnston. Garnet's dialogue in "Love Letters" reveals that their relationship developed over a period of time.
Memories of Steven that come from Garnet remain with Sapphire, as she was able to recognize him very quickly in "Jail Break". Garnet's intent was to introduce Ruby and Sapphire to Steven on his birthday. She, along with Ruby, cares for Steven greatly, and when Steven asked if he made a good first impression, Garnet assured him that both Ruby and Sapphire had already loved him.
Pearl and Amethyst have been aware of Garnet being a fusion for several millennia. Their perception of the two while separated remains unknown, but given their good relationship with Garnet, it can be assumed it is a positive one.
Upon encountering the Cluster, Sapphire and Ruby were both disturbed to the point of almost defusing. While Ruby reacted with verbal anger and outrage at what Homeworld had done to their fallen friends, Sapphire reacted quieter, with deep sadness at the sight. From their own comments, as well as that of Garnet herself, it can be assumed that they knew the individual members of The Cluster.
- She is known to sing, as displayed in "Jail Break".
- Assuming that the duo's eyes were evenly distributed when forming Garnet, it is likely that her third eye is the combination of the colors of Ruby and Sapphire's remaining eyes.
- It's possible that Sapphire has 'Future Vision'. When Ruby searched for Sapphire, she complained about 'not being able to see', and it was confirmed that she was used to having two kinds of sight, implying Future Vision and normal sight. Since Ruby doesn't appear to possess Future Vision, it's likely that Sapphire has some form of it.
- Sapphire does appear to have legs, as depicted in artwork by Rebecca Sugar.
- Sapphire, along with Ruby, do not have stars nor diamonds on their outfits.
- Sapphire is the second Gem (after Rose Quartz) to wear a dress that obscures her legs.
- She and Ruby talk to each other through Garnet in "Keeping it Together".
- Sapphire and Ruby are both named after varieties of corundum (crystalline aluminum oxide, chemical formula Al2O3).
- In the extended theme song, Sapphire is gracefully holding her hands together, interlocking her fingers, this shows that she is calm, graceful and passionate, while Ruby is shown to be cracking or holding her knuckles, a sign of toughness, anger or that she is ready to fight.
- Sapphire is the birthstone for those who are born in September. As for the zodiac, it is regarded as the stone for Virgo, as well as being a secondary birthstone for April and the Zodiac sign Taurus.
- Sapphire is typically very durable, and considered to be one of the hardest materials on earth.
- Sapphire is a gemstone associated with clairvoyance, foreknowledge and wisdom, attributes that fit in perfectly with her and Garnet's ability of precognition.
- Throughout history, sapphire has symbolized truth, sincerity and loyalty.
- Sapphire is a member of the corundum family and is closely related to ruby; the red to pink-red gem-quality variety of corundum.
- Sapphire's chemical formula is Al2O3::(Ti,Fe)+3, where the interaction of titanium and iron (impurities) makes sapphires take a blue color.
- When the interaction is bigger the blue of the sapphire becomes deeper.
|Sapphire's gemstone is located on the palm of her right hand, featuring a triangular facet. As seen in "The Return"/"Jail Break", it has a light blue ring around the edge (normally hidden inside her hand), and is flatter at the back.|
|Sapphire's gemstone as it appears on Garnet.|
|Sapphire's gemstone as it appears on Sugilite.|
|Sapphire's gemstone as it appears on Alexandrite.|
|Sapphire's gemstone as it appears on Sardonyx.|