Sapphire has blue skin and pale blue, wavy hair with bangs that cover the upper-half of her face, concealing her single eye with a blue iris with no nose. She is slightly taller than Ruby. Her lips and facial structure resemble Garnet's.
Sapphire wears a floor-length dress. It features white, puffed sleeves, a dark-blue top, and a blue skirt. Her dress has a sky-blue pinafore over the top. The skirt has several frilly layers. She also wears long white gloves.
Sapphire seems to usually be very compassionate and level-headed. She balances out Ruby's more impulsive personality when they're fused as Garnet. She is shown to hold some intelligence, as she came to the conclusion of Steven's immunity to the gem destabilizer wall almost immediately. It seems that Sapphire can be avoidant at times as well, as she sees into the future when everything is resolved, rather than understand what is happening in the present. She is also shown to be more emotional than Ruby, being brought to tears when she saw Steven was upset. She is somewhat passive-aggressive.
- Super Speed: Despite her long dress, she can travel at a high speed, an ability unmatched by any other known Gem.
- Future Vision: As confirmed by the creators, Ruby does not have future vision. Sapphire has this ability, this is also supported by the fact that she was able to find Ruby in a matter of seconds. This was then confirmed in "Keystone Motel". Unlike when she is Garnet, she seems to be much more open with using this power, whereas Garnet only reveals future events to others when it is needed.
- Thermo-regulation: As shown in Keystone Motel, Sapphire can drastically lower the temperature of her surroundings, even forming ice on the walls and freezing water.
- Levitation: First seen in "Jailbreak", where she was using this ability to look for Ruby at super speed, and seen for the second time in Keystone Motel as she levitates to get to the top of the bed.
Sapphire and Ruby have a romantic relationship, with Sapphire giving a kiss onto Ruby's forehead when they were reunited. This has also been confirmed by one of the storyboard artists, Joe Johnston. Garnet's dialogue in "Love Letters" reveals that their relationship developed over a period of time. In "Keystone Motel", because Ruby was mad at Pearl for lying to Garnet, they temporarily split up to (literally, in Ruby's case) burn off some heat. She seems to be the more stable member of the relationship, who is aware of and used to Ruby's outbursts.
Sapphire made less of an intent to hide her identity from Steven than Ruby, but still didn't tell him she was part of Garnet, as her and Ruby's intent was to properly introduce themselves to Steven on his birthday. She, along with Ruby, care for Steven greatly, and when Steven asked if he made a good first impression, Garnet assured him that both Ruby and Sapphire had already loved him. She also becomes very upset at herself for making steven cry.
Pearl and Amethyst have been aware of Garnet being a fusion for several millennia. Their perception of the two while separated remains unknown, but given their good relationship with Garnet, it can be assumed it is a positive one.
Upon encountering the Cluster, Sapphire and Ruby were both disturbed to the point of almost defusing. While Ruby reacted with verbal anger and outrage at what Homeworld had done to their fallen friends, Sapphire reacted more quietly, with deep sadness at the sight. From their own comments, as well as that of Garnet herself, it can be assumed that they knew the individual members of The Cluster.
- "Fusion Cuisine" (brief cameo)
- "Jail Break" (debut)
- "Love Letters"(mentioned)
- "Keeping it Together"(Talking as garnet)
- "Keystone Motel"
- She is known to sing, as displayed in "Jail Break".
- Garnet's three eyes are a combination of Ruby's two eyes and Sapphire's one eye.
- Sapphire is the second non-fusion gem to have both an iris and pupils.
- The first gem to do so being Jasper.
- She is also the first gem to have no visible nose.
- Sapphire does appear to have legs, as depicted in artwork by Rebecca Sugar.
- Sapphire, along with Ruby, do not have stars nor diamonds on their outfits.
- Sapphire is the second Gem (after Rose Quartz) to wear a dress that obscures her legs.
- She and Ruby talk to each other through Garnet as shown in "Keeping it Together" and "Keystone Motel."
- Sapphire and Ruby are both named after varieties of corundum (crystalline aluminum oxide, chemical formula Al2O3).
- In the extended theme song, Sapphire is gracefully holding her hands together, interlocking her fingers, this shows that she is calm, graceful and passionate, while Ruby is shown to be cracking or holding her knuckles, a sign of toughness, anger or that she is ready to fight.
- Sapphire is one of three Gems to have made the most fusions (four) (Garnet, Sugilite, Alexandrite, and Sardonyx).
- As of "Keystone Motel", Sapphire is confirmed to have one eye.
- In Keystone Motel, it is revealed that Sapphire has the ability to levitate.
- It is also revealed she has future vision in "Keystone Motel".
- It appears that Sapphire has the power of thermo-regulation, decreasing temperature of surrounding areas.
- Sapphire has cried once so far in the series.
- Sapphire is so far the only Gem with one eye.
- Sapphire is the birthstone for those who are born in September. As for the zodiac, it is regarded as the stone for Virgo, as well as being a secondary birthstone for April and the Zodiac sign Taurus.
- Sapphire is typically very durable, and considered to be one of the hardest materials on earth.
- Sapphire is a gemstone associated with clairvoyance, foreknowledge and wisdom, attributes that fit in perfectly with her and Garnet's ability of precognition.
- Throughout history, sapphire has symbolized truth, sincerity and loyalty.
- Sapphire is a member of the corundum family and is closely related to ruby; the red to pink-red gem-quality variety of corundum.
- Sapphire's chemical formula is Al2O3::(Ti,Fe)+3, where the interaction of titanium and iron (impurities) makes sapphires take a blue color.
- When the interaction is bigger the blue of the sapphire becomes deeper.
|Sapphire's gemstone is located on the palm of her right hand, featuring a triangular facet. As seen in "The Return"/"Jail Break"/"Keystone Motel", it has a light blue ring around the edge (normally hidden inside her hand), and is flatter at the back.|