Sapphire has pale blue skin, and slightly lighter hair that covers the upper half of her face, concealing any eyes. She is slightly taller than Ruby. She wears a floor-length dress that is dark blue on the top with a blue skirt with white puffed sleeves and a sky blue pinafore worn over the top. The skirt has several frilly layers which can be seen while she runs, and when viewed from below, her dress resembles an open geode. She also wears long white gloves. Her lips and facial structure resemble Garnet's. Her gemstone is on the palm of her right hand and has a triangular facet.
Not much is known about Sapphire's personality at this time, but it is very clear that she is very compassionate and level-headed. She seems to balance out Ruby's more impulsive personality when they're fused as Garnet. She's shown to hold some intelligence, as she came to the conclusion that Steven was immune to the force field due to his half-human side almost immediately.
- Super Speed: Despite her long dress, she can travel at a high speed, an ability unmatched by any other Gem.
- Future Vision (possibly) As confirmed by the creators, Ruby does not have future vision. This heavily implies that Sapphire has this ability, this is also supported by the fact that she was able to find Ruby in a matter of seconds.
Memories of Steven that come from Garnet remain with Sapphire, as she was able to recognize him and the reason behind his ability to open her cell very quickly in "Jail Break." Garnet's intent was to introduce Ruby and Sapphire to Steven on his birthday. She, as with Ruby, cares for Steven greatly, and when Steven asked if he made a good first impression, Garnet assured him that both Ruby and Sapphire had already loved him.
- She is known to sing, as displayed in "Jail Break".
- With what had been shown of other fusions and their tendency to combine numbers of body parts (e.g. Opal's four arms and Sugilite's five eyes), it's possible that Sapphire has only one eye.
- It's possible that Sapphire has 'Future Vision', because when Ruby was looking for Sapphire, she complained about 'not being able to see', and it was confirmed that she was used to having two kinds of sight, implying Future Vision and normal sight. Since Ruby doesn't appear to possess Future Vision, it's likely that Sapphire has some form of it.
- Sapphire does appear to have legs, as depicted in artwork by the show's creator.
- Sapphire, along with Ruby, do not have stars on their outfits.
- They also don't have diamonds on their outfits.
- Sapphire is the second Gem (after Rose Quartz) to wear a long dress that obscures her legs.
- It was revealed in "Love Letters" that her and Ruby's relationship was a gradual building up over-time.
Learn more about the sapphire gemstone here.
- Sapphire is the birthstone for those who are born in September. As for the zodiac, it is regarded as the stone for Taurus.
- Sapphire is typically very durable, and considered to be one of the hardest materials on earth.
- Sapphire is a gemstone associated with clairvoyance, foreknowledge and wisdom, attributes that fit in perfectly with her and Garnet's ability of precognition.
- Throughout history, sapphire has symbolized truth, sincerity and loyalty.
- Sapphire is a member of the corundum family and is closely related to ruby; the red to pink-red gem-quality variety of corundum.