|This article is about Sapphires. You may be looking for another Sapphire or the Crystal Gem member.|
- Main article: Caste System
Primarily, Sapphires use their future vision to assure other Gems of the future's certainty, since they can only see one possible future.
Sapphires are short Gems with round faces and one singular eye. Sapphires all wear ballgowns with poofy sleeves and elbow length gloves, although the additional details on their gowns can vary between them. Sapphires can have many different hairstyles, but one common feature is that they all have their eye covered by their hair regardless of what way it is styled.
While mostly shown in shades of blue, different colored Sapphires can exist, with orange Sapphires (Padparadschas) being noted by Garnet as especially rare.
- Sapphire - A Sapphire that once served Blue Diamond but now remains fused with Ruby as Garnet, a current member of the Crystal Gems.
- Padparadscha - A Sapphire who was cast aside for being defective and became a member of the Off Colors.
|Image||Gemstone||Physical Information||Other Info|
Her gemstone is located on her left cheek.
|She has dark blue skin and straight, bright cyan hair.||In "Together Alone", she attends the Era 3 Ball. She salutes "Pink Diamond" and is seen dancing with the other Sapphires. She appears shocked when Stevonnie, Garnet, Opal, and Lemon Jade form.|
Her gemstone placement is unknown.
|She has periwinkle skin and messy white hair.||In "Together Alone", she attends the Era 3 Ball. She salutes "Pink Diamond" and is seen dancing with the other Sapphires.|
Her gemstone is located on the back of her left arm.
|She has light blue skin and long, rounded dark blue hair.||In "Together Alone", she attends the Era 3 Ball. She salutes "Pink Diamond". She reappears in "Everything's Fine" as a student in Peridot's class on plant horticulture.|
Her gemstone is located on her chest.
|She has periwinkle skin and curly, shoulder-length light-cyan hair.||In "Together Alone", she attends the Era 3 Ball. She salutes "Pink Diamond" and is seen dancing with the other Sapphires. She watches as Steven and Connie begin to dance, and she appears concerned when Stevonnie and Garnet form. She reappears in "Homeworld Bound", partaking in Aubergine Pearl's tour.|
Other Sapphires were mentioned, including:
- Sapphires being seen as intelligent Gems may be a reference to real life sapphires, which are associated with smarts and intellect.
- In reality sapphires and rubies are extremely similar gemstones, both being varieties of corundum, however in the show they are portrayed as very different, both in class and appearance.