The Shooting Star is a palm-sized, spiky cluster of pink and blue crystals partially encased in a chunk of ice. The Crystal Gems retrieved it from a shallow well.
Pearl states that the Shooting Star is so hot that "bare skin cannot endure its intensity"; even Garnet, who can swim in lava and deflect lightning bolts, is unable to hold the star without her gauntlets. When activated, it causes a powerful explosion intense enough to destroy the entire Crystal Temple, as seen in one of the possible futures Steven witnessed in the episode "Winter Forecast".
- It has a similar spikey physical appearance to the gem of the "Gem Cave Creature," only where that gem was symmetrically perfect the Shooting Star is asymmetrical.
- Although Garnet can sustain extreme heat damage, even she can be burned by the shooting star.
- Amethyst states, when asked what they did with a shooting star, "Uhh... you shoot it."
- It seems to be very delicate, as it exploded easily when Pearl's concentration broke and caused it to fall a few feet to the ground.
- The shooting star has the potential to blow up the entire Galaxy Warp.