Template:Sour Cream "Sour Cream" is a minor character and resident of Beach City. He first appears in the episode "Frybo". He is one of "The Cool Kids". In "Joy Ride", it is revealed that Sour Cream is Onion's older half-brother, Yellowtail's step-son and Vidalia's son in "Onion Friend".
Sour Cream is a teenager with pale blonde hair styled into a point, ice blue eyes, and a long, angular face. He wears a blue-grey hoodie over a grey-blue undershirt, orange phat pants, and bright sea-foam green tennis shoes. He is often shown with a concerned facial expression. His pants can convert to shorts.
Sour Cream is soft-spoken and "chill" in most interactions. He enjoys dancing, "raving", listening to electronic music, and DJ-ing using Nintendo consoles for his "friends from the internet". Despite this chill nature, it's shown that his relationship with his step-dad makes him openly angry. He wants to become a DJ instead of a fisherman like his step-dad.
Buck and Jenny are assumed to be Sour Cream's two best friends. They hang out with him as part of the "cool kids" group in town, and they show support for his aspirations to be a DJ.
Sour Cream is on good terms with Steven, and enjoys his company. He considers him his friend and they go with each other on rides. In "Joy Ride", when Steven told them about the Crystal Gems who blame him for his mother's "death" and the Homeworld Gems thinking he's his mom, Sour Cream said, "I'd rather be a fisherman".
In "Alone Together", while Stevonnie was sitting on the bench eating a donut, Sour Cream half blushes and invites them to the rave held at a warehouse - the same place where they held a wrestling match. This shows that he may find them attractive.
In "Alone Together", Kevin is at the rave he is DJ-ing, implying Kevin is one of his "friends from the internet".
Yellowtail is Sour Cream's step-dad. Their relationship is strained due to Sour Cream's desire to be a DJ instead of a fisherman. He has a certain dislike towards him saying that his dad just doesn't understand him for him wanting to be a DJ.
Onion is Sour Cream's half-brother. Due to the few number of scenes where both of them appear, most of their personal relationship is a mystery. Vidalia, in "Onion Friend", states that they get on each others nerves at times.
Their relationship is a lot better than the one with his step-dad. His mother even encourages his love of being a DJ, despite his step-dad's wishes.
In "Onion Friend", it is mentioned that Amethyst and his mother Vidalia hung out when Sour Cream was younger. While their relationship was never fully explored, it was clear that she "used to be bigger than him".
- "Frybo" (debut, cameo, non-speaking)
- "Arcade Mania" (cameo, non-speaking)
- "Lars and the Cool Kids"
- "Joking Victim"
- "Ocean Gem" (cameo)
- "Alone Together"
- "On the Run" (cameo, non-speaking)
- "The Return" (cameo, non-speaking)
- "Joy Ride"
- "Shirt Club"
- "Onion Friend" (non-speaking cameo)
- In "Onion Friend" it is confirmed that his biological dad is Marty, Greg's former manager, and Vidalia is his mother.
- They all greatly resemble each other, and Vidalia being his mother fits the onion-themed naming tradition.
- Sour Cream is shown in the new opening theme song hanging out on the street corner near Buck Dewey, Jenny, and Onion.
- It is unknown if Sour Cream is his actual name or a nickname as he says "They call me Sour Cream" in the episode "Lars and the Cool Kids".
- The equipment (Game Boy, etc.) Sour Cream uses to DJ in "Alone Together" was inspired by the composers' skill with chiptune music and was incorporated into the show by Ian Jones-Quartey.
- If you put his name and Onion's name together, it makes "Sour Cream and Onion", a popular chip flavor.
- He resembles Pearl because they both have pointed hair, pale skin, light-blue eyes, a pointy nose, and a lean stature, along with an aptitude for music.
- Sour Cream is thus far the only known illegitimate child in the show.
- Sour Cream is the only member his current family to have visible ears.