Steven's Ukulele is an instrument that belongs to Steven. It first appears in the Pilot and makes its official debut in "Serious Steven". Steven occasionally plays it during songs such as "Jam Buds" and "Peace and Love on the Planet Earth".
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Episode appearances
- 2.1 "Pilot"
- 2.2 "Serious Steven"
- 2.3 "House Guest"
- 2.4 "Steven and the Stevens"
- 2.5 "Island Adventure"
- 2.6 "Story for Steven"
- 2.7 "Sworn to the Sword"
- 2.8 "We Are the Crystal Gems" (SDCC/Extended Theme)
- 2.9 "Sadie's Song"
- 2.10 "It Could've Been Great"
- 2.11 "Raising the Barn"
- 2.12 "Together Alone"
- 2.13 "Change Your Mind"
- 2.14 "The Future"
- 3 Attack the Light
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
Steven's ukulele is a four-stringed ukulele. It is embellished with pale yellow, light-orange and salmon-pink wavy designs. It had a brown strap connected to the back of the ukulele. The center of the ukulele is surrounded with a salmon-pink ring. In "Serious Steven", the strap was broken off, and barring "Steven and the Stevens", has not been seen since.
Steven uses his ukulele to play part of the extended Theme Song.
Steven brings it along on his "serious" mission and uses it to play "Serious Song".
The ukulele appears to be strapped on Steven's back as he exits the Crystal Temple, and is seen again when he reaches It's a Wash. The ukulele is seen multiple times again when Steven continuously warps back in time.
The ukulele appears in Greg's Van, held by Steven.
"We Are the Crystal Gems" (SDCC/Extended Theme)
Greg Universe gives a young Steven his ukulele and lessons on how to play, which he quickly picks up on. Upon encouragment from Greg and the Gems, Steven uses it to play the original theme song from the pilot episode.
Steven uses his ukulele to vent his feelings while tensely awaiting a response from Connie.
The ukulele can be seen in a bubble that Steven is juggling in his dream.
Steven uses the ukulele to play Change Your Mind song.
Pearl puts the ukulele in her gem when Steven gives it to her.
Steven's ukulele can be used to perform several songs.
- Ukulele - Cure Song: Removes entire team's status effects. (3 star points, unlockable starting at level 4.)
- Ukulele - Defense Song: Increases entire team's defense. (3 star points, unlockable starting at level 9.)
- Ukulele - Strong Song: Increases entire team's attack power. (5 star points, unlockable starting at level 10.)
- Ukulele - Lucky Song: Increases entire team's luck. (4 star points, unlockable starting at level 11.)
- Ukulele - Get Beefy Song: Restore team harmony and increase attack. (7 star points, unlocked automatically at level 15.)
- It is most likely a soprano ukulele, with the musical range of a concert.
- As revealed in the clip shown at SDCC in the extended theme song, Steven was given his ukulele by Greg when he was just a little kid, indicated by his small stature and a missing front tooth. According to Greg, he learned very quickly, to the point where he was running out of things to teach Steven.
- The ukulele is one of Rebecca Sugar's favorite instruments.