Steven Universe: End of an Era is the eagerly anticipated follow-up to the bestselling behind-the-scenes companion book Steven Universe: Art & Origins. Showcasing new concept art, storyboards, background paintings, and exclusive interviews, End of an Era will update the history of the Emmy Award-winning series to cover season four through to the critically acclaimed ﬁnale, “Change Your Mind,” and beyond.
Fans can expect a special focus on creator and showrunner Rebecca Sugar’s elaborate process for creating the lore for the series, as she and the crew reveal how they discovered and developed the complete story arc for each character, as well as how they were able to design a show that so refreshingly captures and celebrates the experience of childhood. Steven Universe: End of an Era is a heartfelt send-off to one of the most progressive, imaginative, and beloved animated series of our time.
- Imprint: Abrams Books
- Publication Date: October 6, 2020
- Price: $29.99 USD
- Trim Size: 10 x 9
- ISBN-10: 1419742841
- ISBN-13: 978-1-4197-4284-2
- EAN: 9781419742842
- Page Count: 240
- Illustrations: 300 color illustrations
- Format: Hardcover (Paper over Board)
- Rights: Other
- Additional formats: Ebook
- The book will contain new concept art, storyboards, background paintings, and exclusive interviews from beyond "Change Your Mind", with 'beyond' presumably referring to Steven Universe Future.
- The release date for this book as of April 2020, has now changed to October 6, 2020 from the original release date of July 2020.