The Steven Universe Wiki has an official server on Discord. This page highlights essential information regarding the rules and structure of the server.
What is Discord?
Discord is considered to be a more secure, user-friendly, and bundled alternative to the integrated Wikia chat. As a result, it has been made accessible here as its own server and can be accessed through a web browser or the applications provided.
How to join
- Register your account on Discord.
- The widget showing the Steven Universe Wiki Discord server can be found in the right sidebar on a normal wiki page. The "Connect" button can be found at the bottom.
- After joining, you will find yourself in the
#infochannel. You will find the channel list on the left hand side, which should contain only the
- Go to
#verification, state your Wikia username while providing a link to it, and acknowledge that you agree to the Discord rules. If you are not verified within a ten-minute span because you have not provided the needed information, an admin or moderator will kick you. You can rejoin later to try again.
- Please note that you will need to make a significant edit or several small edits on a wiki article (Pearl, for example) to be eligible for verification and access to the rest of the server. This is because it shows to us that you have an interest in helping the wiki and will remain an active and supportive member of the community. The decision is at the available staff member's discretion, so simply making a minor edit, such as adding in a space, does not qualify, but around five or ten grammatical or spelling fixes to a variety of articles will be recognized as appropriate.
- Respect your fellow users and treat them with the respect they deserve as a human being.
- Profanity is allowed in moderation, but slurs are not allowed at all.
- Derogatory comments about race, religion, gender, sexuality, etc. are not allowed.
- Do not post NSFW/NSFL content.
- Do not use pings unless its use is appropriate.
- Do not impersonate other users.
- Listen to the moderators and admins if they ask you to stop a certain form of conduct.
- Common sense is paramount, so make use of it and not game the system while doing so.
- If you are blocked or banned from the wiki's chat, it will roll over to the server.
- Do not ask for personal info
- Do not give personal info like your name, phone number, town, and other personal info
Violating these rules will result in an action up to the moderator's discretion, but the process is usually muting a user for a certain period of time before a ban is made. If someone commits an offense and is not dealt with in a timely manner (two-five minutes recommended), feel free to ping the moderators or admins so they can notice more quickly.
Preset roles granted to a user mirrors their own status on the Steven Universe Wiki.
|Name||Given to||Permissions||Pingable||Userlist group|
|In addition to normal staff member permissions; can change several additional server settings||Yes||Yes|
|Moderators||Chat mods||In addition to member permissions; can kick, ban, manage roles and channels, server-widely mute and deafen members, move members to different voice channels, and delete and pin messages.||Yes||Yes|
|Bureaucrats||Bureaucrats||Same as admins.||No||No|
|Patrollers||Patrollers||Same as regular users.||Yes||No|
|Discussion Mods||Discussion mods||Same as regular users.||Yes||No|
|Rollbacks||Rollbacks||Same as regular users.||Yes||No|
|Users||Verified users||In addition to standard permissions; can access channels that do not require additional roles, change their nickname, use external emojis, and send files.||No||Yes|
|Robonoids||Bots||Can delete messages and kick users.||No||Yes|
|Default text channels|
| ||Channel for outlining the rules and other information.|
| ||Used for new server members to post their usernames to gain the Users role.|
|Verified text channels|
| ||General discussion among users on the server.|
| ||Share your creations.|
| ||Share your theories.|
| ||Random and chaotic conversation. Beware.|
| ||Topics related to video games.|
| ||Specifically for political discussion.|
| ||Playing around with bots we have on the server.|
| ||Command the music bot while in the music voice chat.|
| ||Discussion about the Steven Universe Wiki and/or Wikia in general.|
| ||Only for aiding in voice chat.|
| ||For suggesting new ideas for the server such as rules, channels, and emojis.|
|Role-restricted text channels|
| ||Displays recent changes for the wiki. Requires Stalkers role.|
| ||Critique channel for the Steven Universe series. Requires Honorary Cal-Arts Graduates role.|
| ||A channel exclusive to those who want to share leaks. Not permitted outside of this channel or on the wiki. Requires Rebels role.|
| ||For general discussion.|
| ||For listening to music.|
| ||AFK channel. People that are inactive and in other channels will be placed here automatically after being AFK for 15 min.|
The Discord server utilizes several bots. They serve various purposes, all of which is listed below. Each has certain commands that a user can type to have the bot respond with a list of all the available commands it possesses.
|Rem||Pearl||Multipurpose bot ranging from simple text commands to playing music.|| |
|Tatsumaki||Amethyst||Social bot with member profiles, levels, and other fun stuff.|| |
|Utilibot||Garnet||Fully-featured moderation and audit bot.|| |