Stevonnie is currently the shortest fusion in the series. They are taller than Amethyst and Pearl, but is a few inches shorter than Garnet. They have an average/athletic build consisting of Connie's slim figure with Steven's chubby features. They have dark curly hair that reaches past their hips, and a complexion slightly darker than Steven's. Their attire consists of Steven's star shirt layered under a cropped version of Connie's cyan dress, Steven's jeans morphed into cutoff shorts, and bare feet. Stevonnie appears to be a teenager, similar in height to the other teenage characters (Lars, Sour Cream, etc.) Stevonnie is considered very beautiful, as the citizens of Beach City seem to be in awe of their appearance and personality.
Stevonnie's personality is unique. They are the first fusion between a half-Gem and a non-Gem, and they do not have a single, distinct mind apparent in other Fusion Gems. Stevonnie shares the minds and personalities of Connie and Steven; Connie and Steven frequently alternate in their control of Stevonnie's behavior and thoughts (Connie takes the lead more often). They carry the free spirit, friendliness, and fun-loving attitude of Steven and the courtesy, awkwardness, and intelligence of Connie.
Stevonnie, like all fusions, appears to possess both super-human strength and agility although in very modest quantities; nowhere near the capabilities of even a non-fused Gem. This is evident by the fact that their dance moves during the rave would require degrees of strength and agility above that of a human and more similar to that of a Gem.
This is most likely a result of Steven, being a Half-Gem, inheriting a fraction of his mother's super-human strength and agility as he is occasionally shown to be capable of feats of strength which would be impossible for a human boy of his age (such as forcing the possessed breakfast monster into the pool of lava in "Together Breakfast", and tearing an arcade machine apart with his bare hands in "Arcade Mania").
- Amethyst came up with the name "Stevonnie".
- Stevonnie is the second Gem to not be named after a gemstone, the first being Steven.
- Stevonnie is also the first fusion not named after a gemstone.
- Stevonnie is the first hybrid fusion shown, and is also the first fusion with only one gemstone, due to the fact that Connie doesn't have a gemstone.
- Stevonnie is the shortest fusion thus far.
- They are the second fusion that does not have an extra set of arms, the first being Garnet.
- Stevonnie is the second fusion to only have two eyes, the first one being Opal.
- While Steven is the primary instigator of the fusion, it appears that Connie is the dominating personality.
- They are the fourth Gem to not feature their weapon, the first being Lapis Lazuli, the second being Peridot.
- However, they are the second fusion not to show their weapon, Alexandrite being the first.
- Their weapon is likely Steven's shield, as Connie doesn't have a weapon.
- Stevonnie's portrayed age may have been created by combining Connie's and Steven's respective ages.
- Despite their older appearance, Stevonnie is probably the same age as Steven and Connie.
- After Stevonnie shows their dance moves at the rave party and notice that everyone stopped dancing, they become nervous and have a panic attack.
- This suggests that Stevonnie may have social anxiety disorder, and Steven or Connie (most likely the latter) experiences this as well.
- Stevonnie's gemstone is the same as Steven's (Rose Quartz).
- Stevonnie is the second fusion shown that did not include Amethyst.
- Like Malachite and Alexandrite, Stevonnie did not seem to have their own personality at first, as their first few lines were Steven and Connie talking. After a few seconds, unlike the other two, Stevonnie developed their own personality once Steven's and Connie's had merged.