|This article is about the book. You may be looking for the episode or the soundtrack.|
- You already are the answer!
Thousands of years ago, there were two Gems called Ruby and Sapphire who lived on the faraway Gem Homeworld planet. Even though one Gem could see into the future, neither could predict that their paths would come together in such an incredible way! This is the story of Garnet, the leader of the Crystal Gems, and how she came to live on planet Earth. Rebecca Sugar, creator of Steven Universe, tells this love story with plenty of warmth and humor.
- Age Range: 8 – 12 years
- Grade Level: 3 – 7
- Series: Steven Universe
- Hardcover: 32 pages
- Publisher: Cartoon Network Books (September 6, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN 0-399-54170-5
- ISBN 978-0-399-54170-4
- The book is dedicated to Ian Jones-Quartey, Rebecca Sugar's husband.
- She has previously stated that Ruby and Sapphire's relationship was based on theirs, with Ian being Sapphire and Rebecca being Ruby.
- The book confirms that, while extremely rare, there are multiple Sapphires.
- When Rose told Garnet that she was the answer to all of her questions about herself, Garnet thought that Rose meant that she should never ask any more questions in general.
- This is the only official Steven Universe media without Steven himself in it.
- Ruby and Sapphire have different outfits.
- Blue Diamond's gemstone is the same cut and shape as Yellow Diamond's.
- Rose's hair is less voluminous in some pages.