The Heretic's Anguish is an artifact found inside Rose's Secret Armory.
The Heretic's Anguish is a large statue-like object depicting a woman with six large flails hanging from her arms, three on each arm. She has about twelve spikes on each ball with around sixteen chain links. The woman appears to have short hair and a dress. Her arms are balled up into fists.
Steven returns to the armory with Pearl and produces the Heretic's Anguish again along with the other artifacts.
- The Heretic's Anguish is officially named by Pearl in "Rose's Scabbard".
- The Heretic's Anguish was nicknamed "spiky chain lady and her metal dealios" by Steven.
- The Heretic's Anguish shares a medieval theme with many other ancient gem artifacts such as Rose's Sword, the Axes of Ages, the Armor of the Fallen, and to some extent the Quartizine Trio.
- The word "heretic" means a person believing in or practicing religious heresy.
- The Heretic's Anguish resembles an iron maiden, a presumed medieval torture device.