FANDOM


  • In Little Graduation when Steven brought up being stranded on an island to Shep, Sadie was visibly disturbed.  That suggests to me that Sadie has not told Shep of her behavior in Island Adventure.  Likely she hasn't told them about events in Joking Victim either or likely anything involving her rather disturbing behavior towards Lars.

    If Shep genuinely doesn't know these things will Sadie ever tell them?  If she doesn't and Shep finds out through other means will it affect their relationship?

      Loading editor
    • I kinda don't think Shep may need to find out about events from Island Adventure and Joking Victim, they probably were minuscule things that wouldn't matter, even if it happened from like approx. 2-4 years ago.

        Loading editor
    • FreeSpirit98 wrote:
      I kinda don't think Shep may need to find out about events from Island Adventure and Joking Victim, they probably were minuscule things that wouldn't matter, even if it happened from like approx. 2-4 years ago.

      The events of Joking Victim and Island Adventure were hardly miniscule.  They represented a total disrespect on Sadie's part for Lars' personal autonomy and consent not to mention causing Lars physical and psychological harm.  What she did in those two episodes are actual criminal offenses not to mention the multiple times she physically abused Lars in other episodes.  That Sadie would do these things to a person she maintains that she likes and possibly believes she loved is disturbing.  If Sadie is entering a romantic relationship without having addressed the issues driving her to such dangerous behavior then the possibility exists that she could revert to these behaviors if her relationship with Shep doesn't go the way she wants it to.

      Shep appears to be a very emotionally perceptive person.  If Sadie starts repeating that pattern with them Shep will likely insist Sadie work those issues out with a therapist (if she hasn't done so already) or Shep will end the relationship until she does for their own safety.

        Loading editor
    • Sadie has changed and grown since then. she is probably ashamed of what she did and doesn't want to bring it up. If she's moved on from Lars, what would be the point of telling Shep about any of that

        Loading editor
    • The point of telling Shep is to insure that they learn about this from Sadie rather than someone else.  What Sadie did on that island was wrong on multiple levels.  Given Shep's emotional maturity they are not going to find what Sadie did there to be acceptable behavior by one human being toward another.  If Shep finds out the island story from someone else and confronts Sadie about it what is she going to say?  Sadie was willing to hurt people and put their lives at risk for the sake of her own desires.  Shep is going to insist that if they are to have a relationship then Sadie will have to have worked through the issues that drove her to such extreme behavior.  They've already had to talk Steven down from killing them.

        Loading editor
    • Sadie DID work through the issues that drove her to that behaivior. Sadie did that 4-5 years ago, and she is a completely different person now. Shep is aware of that, and they wouldn't something like that change their opinion of Sadie.

        Loading editor
    • We don't know that Sadie worked out the issues that drove that behavior.  All we know is that Sadie and Lars worked out the issues between themselves.  Working out the issues that drove Sadie to commit criminal acts against Lars would require professional therapy.  We don't yet know if Sadie has had professional therapy.  Sadie is older now but that does not make her a different person with regard to her issues.  Facing her issues under the guidance of a professional and following that therapy through to the end makes her a different person.

        Loading editor
    • Shep is pretty chill. They'd probably understand. If not, then STEVEN UNIVERSE THERAPY, HERE WE ARE!

        Loading editor
    • I don’t like Shep, They is a Mary Stue/Gary Sue. Seriously. How could they calm down someone that they NEVER knew? Is unrealistic, stupid, a forced form to introduce a new character and their “personality”. Also they is way too perfect, that makes them don’t feel like a human comparing them with other characters in the show, that makes them feel REALLY FAKE and/or like some sort of idealistic and delusional self-insert.


      PD: I prefer (most of my friends and some gender neutral pals I know)to refer to _gender neutral_ people as *They is* and not *They are* ,because a lot of times we accidentally think the people is talking about of a group instead of only one person. Sorry if I ofended someone whit this and/or the critic of Shep. Also sorry for the grammar errors, I am really sleepy.

        Loading editor
    • GodsSakeLetMeIn wrote:
      I don’t like Shep, They is a Mary Stue/Gary Sue. Seriously. How could they calm down someone that they NEVER knew? Is unrealistic, stupid, a forced form to introduce a new character and their “personality”.

      Also they is way too perfect, that makes them don’t feel like a human comparing them with other characters in the show, that makes them feel REALLY FAKE and/or like some sort of idealistic and delusional self-insert.


      PD: I prefer (most of my friends and some gender neutral pals I know)to refer to _gender neutral_ people as *They is* and not *They are* ,because a lot of times we accidentally think the people is talking about of a group instead of only one person. Sorry if I ofended someone whit this and/or the critic of Shep. Also sorry for the grammar errors, I am really sleepy.

      Dude. Shep seems pretty chill. They could probably convince someone not to jump off a cliff

        Loading editor
    • Okay so the original topic is how much Shep knows about Sadie and we somehow got into a conversation on how Shep is a "Mary Sue" again...great. We've literally known Shep for 11 minutes (actually less than that as they only really appeared for 3/4 the episode) so we really can't get an accurate statement of their overall personality and thus we can't exactly label them a "Mary Sue" or a "self-insert".
      Btw (and I have stated this before and will again) little info =/= Mary Sue, I see this so much in other fandoms as well as this one.

        Loading editor
    • Memin' Universe SU wrote:
      Shep is pretty chill. They'd probably understand. If not, then STEVEN UNIVERSE THERAPY, HERE WE ARE!

      I think Steven could use some therapy before Sadie. That boy is hurting inside. :D

        Loading editor
    • It'll have to come out of her vault if Sadie wants her relationship with Shep to grow stronger.

        Loading editor
    • Tabernac wrote:
      Memin' Universe SU wrote:
      Shep is pretty chill. They'd probably understand. If not, then STEVEN UNIVERSE THERAPY, HERE WE ARE!
      I think Steven could use some therapy before Sadie. That boy is hurting inside. :D

      I was directing the therapy at Shep, but...WHATEVER! YOU GET A THERAPY! (points at Pearl) YOU GET A THERAPY! (points at Shep and Sadie) YOU GET A THERAPY! (points at Spinel) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU GET 10000000000000 YEARS OF THERAPY! (points at Steven)

        Loading editor
    • Very little I'd imagine

        Loading editor
    • I personally don't think Sadie needs to tell Shep about either incident. Yes, some of the things Sadie did were pretty terrible, but she wasn't in a relationship with Shep then, she's in a relationship with them now.

      Sadie's grown up a lot since then, and a lot of that is due to Sadie Killer and the Suspects. She found a way to work through her feelings in a much more healthy way. In the beginning of the beginning of the series, she was too shy to sing in front of people ("Sadie's Song") and likely never even considered letting her emotions out into music so when she finally did, it felt good for her to pour out her emotions in that medium.

      Shep likes Sadie the way she is now, and I don't think finding out she used to handle her emotions in a different way would change that. I think they're good for Sadie, and if down the road Sadie wants to tell them about her past, she can, but I don't think them finding out from someone else would change their opinion of her.

        Loading editor
    • JBen98 wrote:
      I personally don't think Sadie needs to tell Shep about either incident. Yes, some of the things Sadie did were pretty terrible, but she wasn't in a relationship with Shep then, she's in a relationship with them now.

      Sadie's grown up a lot since then, and a lot of that is due to Sadie Killer and the Suspects. She found a way to work through her feelings in a much more healthy way. In the beginning of the beginning of the series, she was too shy to sing in front of people ("Sadie's Song") and likely never even considered letting her emotions out into music so when she finally did, it felt good for her to pour out her emotions in that medium.

      Shep likes Sadie the way she is now, and I don't think finding out she used to handle her emotions in a different way would change that. I think they're good for Sadie, and if down the road Sadie wants to tell them about her past, she can, but I don't think them finding out from someone else would change their opinion of her.

      Wow... That was extremely well-worded *o*

        Loading editor
    • Memin' Universe SU wrote:
      JBen98 wrote:
      I personally don't think Sadie needs to tell Shep about either incident. Yes, some of the things Sadie did were pretty terrible, but she wasn't in a relationship with Shep then, she's in a relationship with them now.

      Sadie's grown up a lot since then, and a lot of that is due to Sadie Killer and the Suspects. She found a way to work through her feelings in a much more healthy way. In the beginning of the beginning of the series, she was too shy to sing in front of people ("Sadie's Song") and likely never even considered letting her emotions out into music so when she finally did, it felt good for her to pour out her emotions in that medium.

      Shep likes Sadie the way she is now, and I don't think finding out she used to handle her emotions in a different way would change that. I think they're good for Sadie, and if down the road Sadie wants to tell them about her past, she can, but I don't think them finding out from someone else would change their opinion of her.

      Wow... That was extremely well-worded *o*

      Thank you :)

        Loading editor
    •   :3

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.