FANDOM


  • If Pink Diamond got shattered AFTER she met Garnet, then how come in the flashback, Pearl still has her first form when Pink is shattered while in the flashback when they met Garnet, she has a different form. 

      Loading editor
    • I think Pearl was regenerated from an off-screen fight that happened quickly. (edited out by me after rewatching episodes)

        Loading editor
    • No it didn't. The fake shattering took place just before the Homeworld Gems left. It was the reason the Diamonds did the corruption blast.

      As for Pearls form. I've got nothing. I'll think about it.

        Loading editor
    • I feel like you are overthinking it just a bit. PD would not be the only one needing a disguise when they were doing rebellion things. Pearl could not look like PD's pearl when doing rebellion things, nor could she look like the renegade pearl when she and PD were doing homeworld things.

      We have seen Pearl shapeshift her "clothes" to fit a particular situation, like her sundress for the beach party with the Pizza family, or her flightsuit on a couple of occasions. It's probably no more complicated than pearl simply changing back and forth between her default homeworld clothes and her rebellion clothes as needed. As an alternative to shapeshifting her clothes, we know there are accessories and appearance modifiers for pearls so she could have been using something like that if maintaining shapeshifted clothes would be too strenuous over longer periods of time.

        Loading editor
    • LapisLazuliisthebest wrote:
      No it didn't. The fake shattering took place just before the Homeworld Gems left. It was the reason the Diamonds did the corruption blast.

      As for Pearls form. I've got nothing. I'll think about it.

      no, the fake shattering is what started development on cluster gems, hence why rose (as a diamond) had no awareness of such experiments, nor did pearl

        Loading editor
    • SaltyPearl7152 wrote:

      LapisLazuliisthebest wrote:
      No it didn't. The fake shattering took place just before the Homeworld Gems left. It was the reason the Diamonds did the corruption blast.

      As for Pearls form. I've got nothing. I'll think about it.

      no, the fake shattering is what started development on cluster gems, hence why rose (as a diamond) had no awareness of such experiments, nor did pearl

      My point sill stands. The fake shattering happened long after Rose and Pearl met Garnet.

        Loading editor
    • LapisLazuliisthebest wrote:

      SaltyPearl7152 wrote:

      LapisLazuliisthebest wrote:
      No it didn't. The fake shattering took place just before the Homeworld Gems left. It was the reason the Diamonds did the corruption blast.

      As for Pearls form. I've got nothing. I'll think about it.

      no, the fake shattering is what started development on cluster gems, hence why rose (as a diamond) had no awareness of such experiments, nor did pearl
      My point sill stands. The fake shattering happened long after Rose and Pearl met Garnet.
      yeah, most definitely
      Gemcation (148)

      this battle takes place before the fake shattering at the height of the rebellion (despite how it may seem, this memory is very likely real, as rose is intentionally excluded, if this was simply a representation by garnet she would most likely be there)

        Loading editor
    • I noticed that. Good foreshadowing.

        Loading editor
    • Oldasdirt wrote:
      I feel like you are overthinking it just a bit. PD would not be the only one needing a disguise when they were doing rebellion things. Pearl could not look like PD's pearl when doing rebellion things, nor could she look like the renegade pearl when she and PD were doing homeworld things.

      We have seen Pearl shapeshift her "clothes" to fit a particular situation, like her sundress for the beach party with the Pizza family, or her flightsuit on a couple of occasions. It's probably no more complicated than pearl simply changing back and forth between her default homeworld clothes and her rebellion clothes as needed. As an alternative to shapeshifting her clothes, we know there are accessories and appearance modifiers for pearls so she could have been using something like that if maintaining shapeshifted clothes would be too strenuous over longer periods of time.

      It's not "overthinking," that's just how the gems work. But yeah maybe she did shapeshift

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.