FANDOM


  • Pymien
    Pymien closed this thread because:
    Due to Stevenbomb being over, all meta-threads are being merged back to main thread - http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:122080 - Discuss this episode along with the others here.
    02:18, June 24, 2015

    The official discussion thread for the episode Rising Tides, Crashing Skies. This is the second episode for Stevenbomb. Enjoy your discussion!

    BACK TO DISCUSSION HUB - http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:122614

      Loading editor
    • First

        Loading editor
    • So like, let's be honest, this episode was horrible and there's no way to redeem it. I know that normally when I say an episode sucks, I'm joking, but this one was just awful.

        Loading editor
    • That was pretty satisfying, even if it wasn't what we all built it up to be, 7.7 out of 10

        Loading editor
    • It was honestly a great episode. I love seeing the Beach City residents interact with each other :D

        Loading editor
    • GG storyboarders, GG

        Loading editor
    • It wasn't bad. It was just a comic relief type episode.

      Better than Shirt Club, not to mention Say Uncle.

        Loading editor
    • LarsMars wrote: It was honestly a great episode. I love seeing the Beach City residents interact with each other :D

      It was very funny! It was also a fun episode, I just laughed the whole way through!

        Loading editor
    • I think this is one of the few filler episodes of the series. Nothing happened. I'm not saying filler is bad, but... I just didn't find it entertaining like Garnet's Universe or Shirt Club. And I might get a lot of hate for this, but I just don't really like Ronaldo as a character. 

      He's pretty boring.

        Loading editor
    • Evtini200 wrote:
      So like, let's be honest, this episode was horrible and there's no way to redeem it. I know that normally when I say an episode sucks, I'm joking, but this one was just awful.

      Oh come on, it wasn't that bad.

      While nothing big was revealed, I personally don't mind because I thought it was pretty hilarious.

        Loading editor
    • Come on, it was meant to calm us down from all the heavy stuff, I knew the crewniverse wouldn't go that dark with the series, they will still make it fun.

        Loading editor
    • Good episode. It was nice to see the reactions of the townspeople to the insanity from The Return and Jailbreak. And I've already forgotten which gem called Ronaldo "Frybo" but that was great.

        Loading editor
    • Gnx486 wrote:
      Good episode. It was nice to see the reactions of the townspeople to the insanity from The Return and Jailbreak. And I've already forgotten which gem called Ronaldo "Frybo" but that was great.

      That would be Pearl. The episode was ok to me

        Loading editor
    • It was fine :3 after all, we had this crab-like gem creature fighting the CG. Also, a new ability was added to Amethyst: hair knife xD Also, Garnet's face before and after receiving Ronaldo was like... too much. You gotta love her :3

        Loading editor
    • Poor Man's Say Uncle

      Say Uncle:

      Interesting

      Hilarious

      Good Message

      Nice Break from Recent Emotions

      More than met expectations.

      Grade: +

      ____________________________________________________________________________

      Rising Tides/Crashing Skies

      Interesting

      Funny

      No Message Unless you Dig

      No Break Needed + Wanted big episodes

      Did not meet many expectations

      Grade: ^

        Loading editor
    • Better title for the ep: "The Episode Where Literally Nothing Happens For 11 Minutes But Because it Says Steven Universe the Fandom Believes it's Good."

      Alternate title: "If Lapis Lazuli Was an Episode."

        Loading editor
    • Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      It wasn't bad. It was just a comic relief type episode.

      Better than Shirt Club, not to mention Say Uncle.

      I guess I'm the only person who thinks Say Uncle was well-timed, hilarious, interesting, excelled all expectations (Including Good Ones; IE Ame eating Pizza Steve), and a majorly relieving break.

        Loading editor
    • What a pleasant/funny break from all the heart stabbing drama.

        Loading editor
    • Evtini200 wrote: Better title for the ep: "The Episode Where Literally Nothing Happens For 11 Minutes But Because it Says Steven Universe the Fandom Believes it's Good."

      Alternate title: "If Lapis Lazuli Was an Episode."

      That's an exaggeration. If Lapis Lazuli was an episode we wouldn't be able to see it right now.

        Loading editor
    • I am willing to admit this this episode is filler, FOR NOW

        Loading editor
    • I thought they legit were going to leave beach city I was like YESSSSS! But then again the preview for Chille Tid..

        Loading editor
    • Owenbretts
      Owenbretts removed this reply because:
      my responce, my choice
      22:36, June 16, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • Pymien wrote:
      I thought they legit were going to leave beach city I was like YESSSSS! But then again the preview for Chille Tid..

      I thought they were going to kindergarten: plot for keeping it together was confirmed, not anymore though.

        Loading editor
    • Opal4Life wrote:
      Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      It wasn't bad. It was just a comic relief type episode.

      Better than Shirt Club, not to mention Say Uncle.

      I guess I'm the only person who thinks Say Uncle was well-timed, hilarious, interesting, excelled all expectations (Including Good Ones; IE Ame eating Pizza Steve), and a majorly relieving break.


      I can understand that Uncle Grandpa humour appeals to some people, and those people would enjoy Say Uncle. I am just not one of them, that is all I was saying.

        Loading editor
    • Gnx486 wrote:

      Evtini200 wrote: Better title for the ep: "The Episode Where Literally Nothing Happens For 11 Minutes But Because it Says Steven Universe the Fandom Believes it's Good."

      Alternate title: "If Lapis Lazuli Was an Episode."

      That's an exaggeration. If Lapis Lazuli was an episode we wouldn't be able to see it right now.

      I meant it how Lapis got defended after drowning children and killing people as if her actions were valid and she's a good guy.

        Loading editor
    • I thought it was pretty funny.

        Loading editor
    • Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      I can understand that Uncle Grandpa humour appeals to some people, and those people would enjoy Say Uncle. I am just not one of them, that is all I was saying.

      Meh, I don't like Uncle Grandpa either but I did like Say Uncle, so there's at least one exception to that rule. I always kinda assumed that people were lukewarm about the episode because the sheer drama that preceded it had burned everyone out.

        Loading editor
    • Gnx486 wrote:

      Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      I can understand that Uncle Grandpa humour appeals to some people, and those people would enjoy Say Uncle. I am just not one of them, that is all I was saying.

      Meh, I don't like Uncle Grandpa either but I did like Say Uncle, so there's at least one exception to that rule. I always kinda assumed that people were lukewarm about the episode because the sheer drama that preceded it had burned everyone out.

      I agree completely with Gnx486, as always.

        Loading editor
    • Evtini200 wrote:
      Better title for the ep: "The Episode Where Literally Nothing Happens For 11 Minutes But Because it Says Steven Universe the Fandom Believes it's Good."

      Alternate title: "If Lapis Lazuli Was an Episode."

      Again, it's just a funny break from the serious stuff we've been getting. I don't want to start something, but if you don't like an episode that's fine. Just don't say things like "if it says Steven universe the fandom beloved it's good.", people like the episode because it was a nice filler episode.

      On a side note, I feel like we should be reminded that this is a CHILDREN'S show first and foremost. Not every episode is dramatic, funny filler should be expected.

        Loading editor
    • It was a little funny at first,but as the episode progressed it was really just filler for 11 minutes.I say let's just look forward to keeping it together.

        Loading editor
    • Can we get back to the episode this thread is about.

        Loading editor
    • Spacepirateklix wrote:
      Evtini200 wrote:
      Better title for the ep: "The Episode Where Literally Nothing Happens For 11 Minutes But Because it Says Steven Universe the Fandom Believes it's Good."

      Alternate title: "If Lapis Lazuli Was an Episode."

      Again, it's just a funny break from the serious stuff we've been getting. I don't want to start something, but if you don't like an episode that's fine. Just don't say things like "if it says Steven universe the fandom beloved it's good.", people like the episode because it was a nice filler episode.

      On a side note, I feel like we should be reminded that this is a CHILDREN'S show first and foremost. Not every episode is dramatic, funny filler should be expected.

      In order to be funny filer, it needs to actually be funny. That's how it failed. It wasn't funny, heartwarming, or entertaining in any real way.

      But whatevs man. More power to y'all if you actually liked this.

        Loading editor
    • Evtini200 wrote:

      Gnx486 wrote:

      Evtini200 wrote: Better title for the ep: "The Episode Where Literally Nothing Happens For 11 Minutes But Because it Says Steven Universe the Fandom Believes it's Good."

      Alternate title: "If Lapis Lazuli Was an Episode."

      That's an exaggeration. If Lapis Lazuli was an episode we wouldn't be able to see it right now.

      I meant it how Lapis got defended after drowning children and killing people as if her actions were valid and she's a good guy.

      Ok first off she didn't kill anyone, and second do you not remember what she did in jailbreak?

        Loading editor
    • I can understand why many may have found this episode disappointed, but personally I enjoyed every second of it. Seeing Beach City from the perspective of a mad man... or tumblr actually. Jokes aside a light hearted episode was needed. What I thought was interesting was how relaxed and uncaring the residents seem, but it makes sense if you live in a world where weird stuff happens all the time then it technically is normal in a way. ~Howl!

        Loading editor
    • GUYS, get back to the original Topic or we will close the thread

        Loading editor
    • Evtini200 wrote:
      Gnx486 wrote:

      Evtini200 wrote: Better title for the ep: "The Episode Where Literally Nothing Happens For 11 Minutes But Because it Says Steven Universe the Fandom Believes it's Good."

      Alternate title: "If Lapis Lazuli Was an Episode."

      That's an exaggeration. If Lapis Lazuli was an episode we wouldn't be able to see it right now.
      I meant it how Lapis got defended after drowning children and killing people as if her actions were valid and she's a good guy.


      She never killed anyone. Admitedly she did try to drown Steven and Connie, but she may not have understood human's need for oxygen at that point. I am willing to give her the benifit of the doubt until more is known about her. We really know almost nothing about her.

        Loading editor
    • Okay, okay, stop talking about lapis we can do that later!

        Loading editor
    • Gnx486 wrote:

      Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      I can understand that Uncle Grandpa humour appeals to some people, and those people would enjoy Say Uncle. I am just not one of them, that is all I was saying.

      Meh, I don't like Uncle Grandpa either but I did like Say Uncle, so there's at least one exception to that rule. I always kinda assumed that people were lukewarm about the episode because the sheer drama that preceded it had burned everyone out.


      Well, I will admit that I did enjoy seeing Amethyst eat Steven Pizza. It was about time somebody did.

        Loading editor
    • GET BACK TO THE TOPIC OF RISING TIDES, CRASKING SKY

        Loading editor
    • I could go on a minor rant about how Lapis is far from being a hero, but I wont post it on this thread. I'll add it to your message wall if you're interested bu for now I'm here to complain about this episode.

        Loading editor
    • Noo!!! Filler episooodee!!! :( :( :(

        Loading editor
    • I found it really funny.  I also knew since the beginning at least Steven was watching the video because the series is from his point of view, and the video wasn't.

        Loading editor
    • Owenbretts
      Owenbretts removed this reply because:
      Not about the thread
      22:50, June 16, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • Owenbretts wrote:
      GET BACK TO THE TOPIC OF RISING TIDES, CRASKING SKY

      Wow, calm down ! You can ask it politely, you know.

        Loading editor
    • Elkaktus wrote:
      Owenbretts wrote:
      GET BACK TO THE TOPIC OF RISING TIDES, CRASKING SKY
      Wow, calm down ! You can ask it politely, you know.

      I tried that, no one listened

        Loading editor
    • Biesaga wrote:
      Noo!!! Filler episooodee!!! :( :( :(

      Why is filler bad? I thought this was funny as heck.

        Loading editor
    • Kinda weird how after Garnet told Ronaldo that the Gems weren't leaving, she sorta just went inside and kept... watching him, emotionlessly.

        Loading editor
    • Sanic Universe wrote:
      Kinda weird how after Garnet told Ronaldo that the Gems weren't leaving, she sorta just went inside and kept... watching him, emotionlessly.

      Thats Garnet for you

        Loading editor
    • Owenbretts wrote:
      GET BACK TO THE TOPIC OF RISING TIDES, CRASKING SKY


      Hmmm, there is such a lag in the refresh that I wrote my last 3 comments before I saw your first request to stay on topic.

        Loading editor
    • Owenbretts wrote:
      Elkaktus wrote:
      Owenbretts wrote:
      GET BACK TO THE TOPIC OF RISING TIDES, CRASKING SKY
      Wow, calm down ! You can ask it politely, you know.
      I tried that, no one listened

      Still, there's no need to be agressive. Just try to have a little more patience and everything will be fine.

        Loading editor
    • Eh. Least favorite episode.

        Loading editor
    • Elkaktus wrote:
      Owenbretts wrote:
      Elkaktus wrote:
      Owenbretts wrote:
      GET BACK TO THE TOPIC OF RISING TIDES, CRASKING SKY
      Wow, calm down ! You can ask it politely, you know.
      I tried that, no one listened
      Still, there's no need to be agressive. Just try to have a little more patience and everything will be fine.

      When there are about 5 quotes on the same of topic line, it needs to stop, also going off topic is something the wiki is agianst

        Loading editor
    • I didn't like it.

        Loading editor
    • Stevenbomb 2 Is getting lots of hate as of now.

        Loading editor
    • Spacepirateklix wrote: Why is filler bad? I thought this was funny as heck.

      It's not even really filler. Characters, including the secondary ones, have always been important to the show. The fact that we finally got to see what they think of the Crystal Gems and their exploits, especially how much of it they actually pay attention to/care about, is enough to justify this episode. Also, Mayor Dewey is hiding something, so, foreshadowing etc

        Loading editor
    • Pymien wrote:
      Stevenbomb 2 Is getting lots of hate as of now.

      I know, even though this episode apperars to be filler, it was a good filler

        Loading editor
    • Evtini200 wrote:
      Spacepirateklix wrote:
      Evtini200 wrote:
      Better title for the ep: "The Episode Where Literally Nothing Happens For 11 Minutes But Because it Says Steven Universe the Fandom Believes it's Good."

      Alternate title: "If Lapis Lazuli Was an Episode."

      Again, it's just a funny break from the serious stuff we've been getting. I don't want to start something, but if you don't like an episode that's fine. Just don't say things like "if it says Steven universe the fandom beloved it's good.", people like the episode because it was a nice filler episode.

      On a side note, I feel like we should be reminded that this is a CHILDREN'S show first and foremost. Not every episode is dramatic, funny filler should be expected.

      In order to be funny filer, it needs to actually be funny. That's how it failed. It wasn't funny, heartwarming, or entertaining in any real way.

      But whatevs man. More power to y'all if you actually liked this.

      It's cool that you didn't like it. Like I always say, there's no accounting for taste. Some people liked it, some people didn't. Just don't bash other  people's opinions.

        Loading editor
    • Pymien wrote: Stevenbomb 2 Is getting lots of hate as of now.

      A.V. Club seems to be digging it. As they should.

        Loading editor
    • Spacepirateklix wrote:
      Evtini200 wrote:
      Spacepirateklix wrote:
      Evtini200 wrote:
      Better title for the ep: "The Episode Where Literally Nothing Happens For 11 Minutes But Because it Says Steven Universe the Fandom Believes it's Good."

      Alternate title: "If Lapis Lazuli Was an Episode."

      Again, it's just a funny break from the serious stuff we've been getting. I don't want to start something, but if you don't like an episode that's fine. Just don't say things like "if it says Steven universe the fandom beloved it's good.", people like the episode because it was a nice filler episode.

      On a side note, I feel like we should be reminded that this is a CHILDREN'S show first and foremost. Not every episode is dramatic, funny filler should be expected.

      In order to be funny filer, it needs to actually be funny. That's how it failed. It wasn't funny, heartwarming, or entertaining in any real way.

      But whatevs man. More power to y'all if you actually liked this.

      It's cool that you didn't like it. Like I always say, there's no accounting for taste. Some people liked it, some people didn't. Just don't bash other  people's opinions.

      Plus, I'm sure the next three episodes will reveal some stuff.

        Loading editor
    • @Owenbretts : I understand your point of view, but you should let time to people to get back on the topic before yelling. They barely had time to keep being off-topic between your messages.

        Loading editor
    • Elkaktus wrote:
      @Owenbretts : I understand your point of view, but you should let time to people to get back on the topic before yelling. They barely had time to keep being off-topic between your messages.

      not really, but either way I am done, I dont have to explain myself to you

        Loading editor
    • Evtini200 wrote:
      I could go on a minor rant about how Lapis is far from being a hero, but I wont post it on this thread. I'll add it to your message wall if you're interested bu for now I'm here to complain about this episode.

      I already know Lapis is no angel, but I'm interested to know what you think about her. Add it to my message wall.

        Loading editor
    • Don't worry the next episode will be keeping it together with the kindergarten, and possibly peridot!

        Loading editor
    • Elkaktus wrote:
      @Owenbretts : I understand your point of view, but you should let time to people to get back on the topic before yelling. They barely had time to keep being off-topic between your messages.


      As I said, your first message did not even show up on my screen until after I had written all of mine.

        Loading editor
    • Owenbretts wrote:
      Elkaktus wrote:
      @Owenbretts : I understand your point of view, but you should let time to people to get back on the topic before yelling. They barely had time to keep being off-topic between your messages.
      not really, but either way I am done, I dont have to explain myself to you

      I know. I was just giving my opinion. I'm not asking you anything.

        Loading editor
    • "Filler episodes are entries in a generally continuous serial that are unrelated to the main plot, don't significantly alter the relations between the characters, and generally serve only to take up space...Filler can be safely ignored without any loss of important information."

      Clearly, Steven Universe only has two filler episodes: Garnet's Universe and Say Uncle. Saying other episodes are filler because there is no major plot developments or you don't like it is ridiculous. Steven Universe will always have light, funny episodes to balance the dark, heavy ones and that's why I like Steven's Universe.

        Loading editor
    • The episode was okay, I was expecting something like this but not a documentary, the art style was weird and stuff. I expected both steven and ronlado surfing and ronlado drowns and finds lapis's gem and he tries to hide it or something.

        Loading editor
    • This episode needed CONFLICT. Ronaldo's expose was never seen as a credible threat to the Crystal Gems existance in Beach City and as such the episode never really got off the ground.

        Loading editor
    • Elkaktus wrote:
      @Owenbretts : I understand your point of view, but you should let time to people to get back on the topic before yelling. They barely had time to keep being off-topic between your messages.

      If people find that this episode is similar to Say Uncle then we should be allowed to talk about it...It doesn't harm anyone and stays on the topic of "filler" episodes.

        Loading editor
    • Kevin125 wrote:
      Don't worry the next episode will be keeping it together with the kindergarten, and possibly peridot!

      Highly doubt that none the less.

        Loading editor
    • Aqualad124 wrote:
      Elkaktus wrote:
      @Owenbretts : I understand your point of view, but you should let time to people to get back on the topic before yelling. They barely had time to keep being off-topic between your messages.
      If people find that this episode is similar to Say Uncle then we should be allowed to talk about it...It doesn't harm anyone and stays on the topic of "filler" episodes.

      But that is not what the thread is about.  Its okay if its a couple of responces but this had about 5 or more responces to 2 off topic responces

        Loading editor
    • Aqualad124 wrote:
      Elkaktus wrote:
      @Owenbretts : I understand your point of view, but you should let time to people to get back on the topic before yelling. They barely had time to keep being off-topic between your messages.
      If people find that this episode is similar to Say Uncle then we should be allowed to talk about it...It doesn't harm anyone and stays on the topic of "filler" episodes.

      Yeah, that's what I'm trying to defend. If RT/CS makes us think about other episodes we should be allowed to debate about it. It's still in the subject.

        Loading editor
    • Elkaktus wrote:
      Aqualad124 wrote:
      Elkaktus wrote:
      @Owenbretts : I understand your point of view, but you should let time to people to get back on the topic before yelling. They barely had time to keep being off-topic between your messages.
      If people find that this episode is similar to Say Uncle then we should be allowed to talk about it...It doesn't harm anyone and stays on the topic of "filler" episodes.
      Yeah, that's what I'm trying to defend. If RT/CS makes us think about other episodes we should be allowed to debate about it. It's still in the subject.

      They werent talking about similarities, They were talking about how much they both suck

        Loading editor
    • Aqualad124 wrote:
      "Filler episodes are entries in a generally continuous serial that are unrelated to the main plot, don't significantly alter the relations between the characters, and generally serve only to take up space...Filler can be safely ignored without any loss of important information."

      Clearly, Steven Universe only has two filler episodes: Garnet's Universe and Say Uncle. Saying other episodes are filler because there is no major plot developments or you don't like it is ridiculous. Steven Universe will always have light, funny episodes to balance the dark, heavy ones and that's why I like Steven's Universe.

      Yeah, it does need fillers because we need a breath of fresh air sometimes, but the reson I didn't like this episode was how it was animated, It felt out of place and odd.

        Loading editor
    • I liked it. I like Ronaldo (I got why many don't, from this ep), and not every episode should be a big adventure into Gem stuff. This show has a big, epic plot, and lots of tear-jerking moments, but you need time to just sit down with the characters and laugh, otherwise it becomes grimdark stuff and you care less about the characters. The only episodes I consider filler are Garnet's Universe (I like it) and Say Uncle (I LOVE it), they are filler because we learn nothing about anything, big, small, magical or mundane, not because they don't involve OH JEEZ BIG HUGE JASPER AND PERIDOT AND LAPIS (I love these characters) AND BOOM BIG BOOM AND PEARL LOVES ROSE MAYBE AND SADIE'S A FUSION OF MARTY AND JARED LETO OMG! I love those episodes, honestly more than the others, but they need their place to be surrounded by fun, layed-back episodes. Obviously, if you hated Ronaldo, then you at the very least were not entertained by this episode, but I liked it. But remember, if you didn't like this part of the second Stevenbomb, remember that we had Political Party in the first one - admittedly a good episode, but another centered on a character some hate (Bill Dewey) that added nothing other than "Bill thinks Pearl's hot", "Bill is like this", and "Now the mayor's in Steven's contact list, good thing he didn't have to use a phone book." I like pretty much all the Steven schtuff, but if you don't, that's fine - agree to disagree.

        Loading editor
    • Itssapphiree wrote:

      Kevin125 wrote:
      Don't worry the next episode will be keeping it together with the kindergarten, and possibly peridot!

      Highly doubt that none the less.

      Aw man, oh well it will probably be a good episode.

        Loading editor
    • Kevin125 wrote:

      Itssapphiree wrote:

      Kevin125 wrote:
      Don't worry the next episode will be keeping it together with the kindergarten, and possibly peridot!
      Highly doubt that none the less.
      Aw man, oh well it will probably be a good episode.

      This was the calm before the storm

        Loading editor
    • THE CRAB IS REAL

        Loading editor
    • SlenderMarioX wrote:
      THE CRAB IS REAL

      nope pretty sure its fake

        Loading editor
    • So... nobody agrees with me that some conflict would've made the episode a lot better? If Ronald's exposé had been treated as an actual potential problem for the Crystal Gems?

        Loading editor
    • Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      So... nobody agrees with me that some conflict would've made the episode a lot better? If Ronald's exposé had been treated as an actual potential problem for the Crystal Gems?

      Eh, maybe, but doubtful. Still would have been a lesser episode.

        Loading editor
    • Even though this episode wasn't what everyone expected it to be, I still think it was pretty cool. Especially since KBCW got updated with the video at the EXACT moment the episode started airing (after the intro- right when the title card was shown)! That was really cool!

        Loading editor
    • Owenbretts wrote:
      Kevin125 wrote:

      Itssapphiree wrote:


      Kevin125 wrote:
      Don't worry the next episode will be keeping it together with the kindergarten, and possibly peridot!
      Highly doubt that none the less.
      Aw man, oh well it will probably be a good episode.
      This was the calm before the storm

      What do you exactly mean by " This was calm before the storm "

      I'm confused here

        Loading editor
    • Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      So... nobody agrees with me that some conflict would've made the episode a lot better? If Ronald's exposé had been treated as an actual potential problem for the Crystal Gems?

      Actually, I can see where you are coming from, and despite the fact that I liked the episode regardless- I agree that it felt like it was missing something, incomplete. The conflict I was hoping to see was a monster attacking, but the crystal gems are not there to help thanks to Ronaldo. *then for the rest of the episode to play out the same way with Ronaldo begging them to come back*~Howl!

        Loading editor
    • Calm before the storm is "a quiet period just before a period of great activity or excitement."

        Loading editor
    • Itssapphiree wrote:
      Owenbretts wrote:
      Kevin125 wrote:

      Itssapphiree wrote:


      Kevin125 wrote:
      Don't worry the next episode will be keeping it together with the kindergarten, and possibly peridot!
      Highly doubt that none the less.
      Aw man, oh well it will probably be a good episode.
      This was the calm before the storm
      What do you exactly mean by " This was calm before the storm "

      I'm confused here

      The calm before the storm is an expression used to describe a moment of peace or nothingness before choas or someting big.  This wasnt a plot heavy episode, but the next episode is about a dark secret, FOUND IN THE KINDERGARTEN, its obiouse its going to be huge.

        Loading editor
    • Kevin125 wrote:

      Itssapphiree wrote:

      Kevin125 wrote:
      Don't worry the next episode will be keeping it together with the kindergarten, and possibly peridot!
      Highly doubt that none the less.
      Aw man, oh well it will probably be a good episode.

      Allthough I doubt a homeworld gem would appear in tomorrows episode, I have a feeling that Peridot (Like I just 46% feel that this would happen) Would come in Chille Tid and at the last bit she'd either watch them through the window and walk off or while the gems are sleeping she'd warp to the kindergarten and leave us at a cliff hanger. Erm like I said dont hope on what i'm saying too much.

        Loading editor
    • Owenbretts wrote:
      Itssapphiree wrote:
      Owenbretts wrote:
      Kevin125 wrote:

      Itssapphiree wrote:



      Kevin125 wrote:
      Don't worry the next episode will be keeping it together with the kindergarten, and possibly peridot!
      Highly doubt that none the less.
      Aw man, oh well it will probably be a good episode.
      This was the calm before the storm
      What do you exactly mean by " This was calm before the storm "

      I'm confused here

      The calm before the storm is an expression used to describe a moment of peace or nothingness before choas or someting big.  This wasnt a plot heavy episode, but the next episode is about a dark secret, FOUND IN THE KINDERGARTEN, its obiouse its going to be huge.

      Ohhh, I think they'd find the skinker or a gem monster.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah "Keeping it together" is going to be nuts. It is either going to

      a. Gonna advance the plot from the previous Steven Bomb.

      b. Explore the backstory of Kindergarten/The Crystal Gem Rebellion further.

      c. All of the above.


      LenKagamine2 wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      So... nobody agrees with me that some conflict would've made the episode a lot better? If Ronald's exposé had been treated as an actual potential problem for the Crystal Gems?
      Actually, I can see where you are coming from, and despite the fact that I liked the episode regardless- I agree that it felt like it was missing something, incomplete. The conflict I was hoping to see was a monster attacking, but the crystal gems are not there to help thanks to Ronaldo. *then for the rest of the episode to play out the same way with Ronaldo begging them to come back*~Howl!

      Yeah I liked it too - or at least I don't feel this immense hatred for it some people got. But yeah, any kind of actual plot/conflict would've made it better. Rather than just Garnet agreeing to leave and Ronaldo coming to the realization he did about his blog dying.

        Loading editor
    • Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      Yeah "Keeping it together" is going to be nuts. It is either going to

      a. Gonna advance the plot from the previous Steven Bomb.

      b. Explore the backstory of Kindergarten/The Crystal Gem Rebellion further.

      c. All of the above.



      LenKagamine2 wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      So... nobody agrees with me that some conflict would've made the episode a lot better? If Ronald's exposé had been treated as an actual potential problem for the Crystal Gems?
      Actually, I can see where you are coming from, and despite the fact that I liked the episode regardless- I agree that it felt like it was missing something, incomplete. The conflict I was hoping to see was a monster attacking, but the crystal gems are not there to help thanks to Ronaldo. *then for the rest of the episode to play out the same way with Ronaldo begging them to come back*~Howl!
      Yeah I liked it too - or at least I don't feel this immense hatred for it some people got. But yeah, any kind of actual plot/conflict would've made it better. Rather than just Garnet agreeing to leave and Ronaldo coming to the realization he did about his blog dying.

      Ouhhh!!! Intresting. Seems reasonable Strong. (Mines make sence but yours sounds logical)

        Loading editor
    • It's definitely not as good as yesterday's, but it's decent. It was very funny though.

        Loading editor
    • It also features a Garnet face on the preview on the Crewniverse tumblr and "Keeping it together" does sound as if Garnet might unfuse, so we might even get to know Ruby and Sapphire some more, too!

        Loading editor
    • Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      It also features a Garnet face on the preview on the Crewniverse tumblr and "Keeping it together" does sound as if Garnet might unfuse, so we might even get to know Ruby and Sapphire some more, too!

      HEHUEUEUEUEUU OML NOW THATS SOMETHING TO HYPE ABOUT OMGGGGG!

        Loading editor
    • I understand this episode, Ronaldo is basically saying that if the Crysatal Gems were not at beach city, the people who live there would be a lot safer, but at the same time, the place would probably be very, very boring. And Ronaldo realises this at the end, without the crystal gems, his blog would not exist. This episode reminds me of political power which was the episode that came before the return/ Jailbreak. It is a light episode that is the calm before the storm and this probably reflects how the show works. Before a heavy story related episode we will get a lighter episode. Also the first episode of the Stevenbombs have a lot of feels like Rose's scabbard and Sworn to the sword. Sworn to the sword and Rising Tides crashing skies were only the appetizers, now we are ready for the main episode of this Stevenbomb. We shall see what dark secret the kindergarten has and how it relates to Garnet since this episode is represented by her in the schedule.

        Loading editor
    • Itssapphiree wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      It also features a Garnet face on the preview on the Crewniverse tumblr and "Keeping it together" does sound as if Garnet might unfuse, so we might even get to know Ruby and Sapphire some more, too!
      HEHUEUEUEUEUU OML NOW THATS SOMETHING TO HYPE ABOUT OMGGGGG!

      I talked about something like this on the 'comments' for Keeping It Together.

        Loading editor
    • Starboy217 wrote:
      Itssapphiree wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      It also features a Garnet face on the preview on the Crewniverse tumblr and "Keeping it together" does sound as if Garnet might unfuse, so we might even get to know Ruby and Sapphire some more, too!
      HEHUEUEUEUEUU OML NOW THATS SOMETHING TO HYPE ABOUT OMGGGGG!
      I talked about something like this on the 'comments' for Keeping It Together.

      @Starboy, Could you prephaps link the thread here?

        Loading editor
    • Norite wrote:
      I understand this episode, Ronaldo is basically saying that if the Crysatal Gems were not at beach city, the people who live there would be a lot safer, but at the same time, the place would probably be very, very boring. And Ronaldo realises this at the end, without the crystal gems, his blog would not exist. This episode reminds me of political power which was the episode that came before the return/ Jailbreak. It is a light episode that is the calm before the storm and this probably reflects how the show works. Before a heavy story related episode we will get a lighter episode. Also the first episode of the Stevenbombs have a lot of feels like Rose's scabbard and Sworn to the sword. Sworn to the sword and Rising Tides crashing skies were only the appetizers, now we are ready for the main episode of this Stevenbomb. We shall see what dark secret the kindergarten has and how it relates to Garnet since this episode is represented by her in the schedule.

      True.... *GULP*

        Loading editor
    • This episode was a miss for me. I think Reynaldo is my least favorite character. Not super interested in him or his blog, but that's just me. I actually really liked seeing Sadie, Peedee, and Nana Pizza though! To be fair, I WAS expecting a more bombastic episode, but if it had focused on anyother beach city citizen I probably would have liked it more. I'm just not a Raynaldo fan!

        Loading editor
    • Winterwitch wrote:
      This episode was a miss for me. I think Reynaldo is my least favorite character. Not super interested in him or his blog, but that's just me. I actually really liked seeing Sadie, Peedee, and Nana Pizza though! 

      And Onion.

        Loading editor
    • Itssapphiree wrote:
      Starboy217 wrote:
      Itssapphiree wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      It also features a Garnet face on the preview on the Crewniverse tumblr and "Keeping it together" does sound as if Garnet might unfuse, so we might even get to know Ruby and Sapphire some more, too!
      HEHUEUEUEUEUU OML NOW THATS SOMETHING TO HYPE ABOUT OMGGGGG!
      I talked about something like this on the 'comments' for Keeping It Together.
      @Starboy, Could you prephaps link the thread here?

      Sure!

        Loading editor
    • Itssapphiree wrote:
      Winterwitch wrote:
      This episode was a miss for me. I think Reynaldo is my least favorite character. Not super interested in him or his blog, but that's just me. I actually really liked seeing Sadie, Peedee, and Nana Pizza though! 
      And Onion.


      Aaah! Onion is the scariest monster in the show! I would prefer not to see him.

        Loading editor
    • This episode is by far the worst. This was like if Star Wars made an entire movie about Jar Jar Binks. This basically describes the last episode too.

        Loading editor
    • Jaydom Studios wrote:
      This episode is by far the worst. This was like if Star Wars made an entire movie about Jar Jar Binks. This basically describes the last episode too.

      OMG LOL IM DEAD, THATS BASICLY WHAT HAPPEND. but atleast jarjar binks is more intresting lol

        Loading editor
    • I would of prefered if Ronaldo got in the towns head an a riot would break out against the CG's that is what I expected

        Loading editor
    • Jaydom Studios wrote:
      This episode is by far the worst. This was like if Star Wars made an entire movie about Jar Jar Binks. This basically describes the last episode too.

      Actually I thought Sworn to the sword was awesome. But this episode is just a warm up to keeping it together.

        Loading editor
    • Onion leaning forward as if to (finally!) speak for the first time in the show (other than in his weird language with his dad, Yellowtail), only to smack the mic away was deiniftely the highlight of the episode.

      That and Ametyst weaponizing her hair.

        Loading editor
    • I dunno about you guys, but I liked this episode. It showed how Beach City (and Ronaldo) views the Crystal Gems. According to what I saw, people from Beach City view the Crystal Gems as typical people who live secluded, they even seem accustomed to the fact that Steven has three "mothers" who save the city from monsters. Apparently, Steven is the only thing that connects the Gems to the real world and vice versa. Although I would've liked to have seen an episode before this showing Ronaldo and Peedee record a Gem battle. Also, didn't anyone found it curious that Mayor Dewey got anxious when Ronaldo said cover-up?

        Loading editor

    • Why Am I So Strange? wrote:
      Also, didn't anyone found it curious that Mayor Dewey got anxious when Ronaldo said cover-up?

      Well, you're talking about the guy who (as a politician) gets nervous around pointing fingers out of habit. Hehehe. But yeah, I also kinda liked the episode; I actually liked the concept. It was just that the execution of it just wasn't spot on.

      As i've been harping on about now; the lack of the Gems taking him seriously and treating his documentary as a real threat and thus had some kind of conflict to carry the episode it would've been a much better one. As it is now, it never really gets off the ground.

        Loading editor
    • A filler every once in a while is fine. I don't think this episode was amazing, but if everything advanced the story, the series would end quickly and everyone would demand more. There's nothing wrong with filler episodes as long as it is regulated.

      This was more of an "hey, this is a little funny" episode. Nothing hilarious, but a good chuckle or two. Plus, it's Steven Universe! Nothing on Steven Universe sucks (except for the fact that Dorito gem has been missing for a while).

        Loading editor
    • Why Am I So Strange? wrote:
      I dunno about you guys, but I liked this episode. It showed how Beach City (and Ronaldo) views the Crystal Gems. According to what I saw, people from Beach City view the Crystal Gems as typical people who live secluded, they even seem accustomed to the fact that Steven has three "mothers" who save the city from monsters. Apparently, Steven is the only thing that connects the Gems to the real world and vice versa. Although I would've liked to have seen an episode before this showing Ronaldo and Peedee record a Gem battle. Also, didn't anyone found it curious that Mayor Dewey got anxious when Ronaldo said cover-up?

      Yeah I kind of liked this episode too. And yeah Steven is the only thing that connects the Gems to the real world, because in the episode story for steven we saw in the flashback that the Gems had fenced themselves off from the Beach city inhabitants, but with Steven around they are much more comfortable being around people. He is the glue that holds the group together.

        Loading editor
    • Ugh, it won't let me. I'll just post what I said.

      "I THINK THIS WILL DO WITH RUBY AND SAPPHIRE'S RELATIONSHIP!!!

      1. It's Garnet's-Garnet's-frickin' head, which has something to do with GARNET!!

      2. This one's a little more obscure. Did anyone notice, that in "The Return: (duh-duh-duh!!), before the Universes drive off, Garnet says, "Pull it together" not "let's pull it together"? AND THEN the next time we see them, Amethyst and Pearl are fused! So if "Pull it together indicates fusing, then I think "Kepping it together" has to do with staying fused.

      3. this would be a great moment to develop two of the least well known Crystal Gems" stories.

        Loading editor
    • I keep seeing people complain about a lack of conflict, which is weird because Ronaldo spent the whole episode battling his own insanity (as he spends most of his screen-time in the series). "Man against self" is a type of conflict, and nobody has more to fear from their own mind than Ronaldo.

        Loading editor
    • This new episode was even kind of funny. ((-:

        Loading editor
    • What a horribly boring episode. When you have an entire universe that lives off the punchline of "these guys cant see the magic going on in their lives, because they're too busy with their work and personal problems" and then you have a character trying to combat it... to which the other side doesn't budge then you have absolutely nowhere to go in the episode. And it really shows with how droning this episode was.

      The concept of this episode would work better as one or two minute commerical break things. Something like Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained that could play in segments throughout Stevenbomb 2. But as a stand alone episode it's absolutely boring. This is sadly another episode that I would call "bad," making it the fifth "bad" episode in Season 2. It really hasn't had a good streak now has it.

        Loading editor
    • Starboy217 wrote:
      Ugh, it won't let me. I'll just post what I said.

      "I THINK THIS WILL DO WITH RUBY AND SAPPHIRE'S RELATIONSHIP!!!

      1. It's Garnet's-Garnet's-frickin' head, which has something to do with GARNET!!

      2. This one's a little more obscure. Did anyone notice, that in "The Return: (duh-duh-duh!!), before the Universes drive off, Garnet says, "Pull it together" not "let's pull it together"? AND THEN the next time we see them, Amethyst and Pearl are fused! So if "Pull it together indicates fusing, then I think "Kepping it together" has to do with staying fused.

      3. this would be a great moment to develop two of the least well known Crystal Gems" stories.

      That would be very interesting little detail to extraviate beyond.  But other then that, we don't have too much to know about this episode.

        Loading editor
    • Funny episode, but holy CRAP was it clear filler. Unless Stven's like starts a chain reaction causing the gems whereabouts to be known, ya never know!

        Loading editor
    • I would give this episode a pass if it wasn't in Stevenbomb. They could have done something like have Ronaldo find and record Malachite or something, but it was just stupid. Please tell me there was a hidden secret in this episode somewhere. Hump in the water from Malachite? Just something.

        Loading editor
    • Remember guys, hating on this episode for not being plot heavy or having malachite is stupid and makes you look silly. Now if you want to hate on it for being boring or having a concept that doesn't translate well with the rules of the show's universe then go ahead!

        Loading editor
    • CasaBlacka wrote:
      Remember guys, hating on this episode for not being plot heavy or having malachite is stupid and makes you look silly. Now if you want to hate on it for being boring or having a concept that doesn't translate well with the rules of the show's universe then go ahead!

      Preach.txt

        Loading editor
    • it really was just a filler. the only real knowledge we gained is that all the magical creatures come to beach city because of the gems

        Loading editor
    • the entire time i was watching i compared renoldo to giorgio tsoukalos. lol

        Loading editor
    • The Jammin' Gem wrote:
      it really was just a filler. the only real knowledge we gained is that all the magical creatures come to beach city because of the gems

      Which we kind of already knew.

        Loading editor
    • Biesaga wrote:
      The Jammin' Gem wrote:
      it really was just a filler. the only real knowledge we gained is that all the magical creatures come to beach city because of the gems
      Which we kind of already knew.

      ya but you know the fanbase ALWAYS needs confirmation

        Loading editor
    • The Jammin' Gem wrote:
      Biesaga wrote:
      The Jammin' Gem wrote:
      it really was just a filler. the only real knowledge we gained is that all the magical creatures come to beach city because of the gems
      Which we kind of already knew.
      ya but you know the fanbase ALWAYS needs confirmation

      We do because we cant put anything up on the wiki unless we can comfirm it. Just like the gem in Pearl flashback, its not Jasper and there no strong evidence to support it.

        Loading editor
    • It was about as much as I expected from a Ronaldo centered episode.

        Loading editor
    • i guess so...but i prefer to watch the show my own way. in which i confirm things myself based on theorizing and just making assumptions, so...

        Loading editor
    • It was an okay episode. Although I wish that Ronaldo had shown the pieces of wreckage he saw when the residents went back to Beach City. But for an episode not revolving around the gems, I'll give it 7.2/10. Non-gem episodes (unless it involved Steven or Connie) really aren't my forte.

        Loading editor
    • ya totally

        Loading editor
    • The Jammin' Gem wrote:
      i guess so...but i prefer to watch the show my own way. in which i confirm things myself based on theorizing and just making assumptions, so...

      That statement just makes me think of this Ronaldo quote:

      "Don't get hung up on these minor facts. Truth is about more than that, truth is a feeling in your gut that you know is true! Truth is searching for anything that proves you're right no matter how small, and holding on to that, no matter what."

        Loading editor
    • LOVED IT!

        Loading editor
    • thats basically exatcly what i was saying .cool

        Loading editor
    • I mean to say its not truth, fact, or confirmed, its your opinion.

        Loading editor
    • Evtini200 wrote:
      First

      Remove this from the internet imediately you are in so much trouble

        Loading editor
    • Kevin125 wrote:
      Come on, it was meant to calm us down from all the heavy stuff, I knew the crewniverse wouldn't go that dark with the series, they will still make it fun.

      Heavy can be fun and thrilling. But yeah, it was pretty much a calm down.

        Loading editor
    • i know. but i liked your comparision

        Loading editor
    • Lilduders wrote:
      It was about as much as I expected from a Ronaldo centered episode.

      So in other words, you knew it was going to blow.

        Loading editor
    • i loved all the small details of renaldo being bad at editing. that made it both funny and realistic

        Loading editor
    • I was REALLY hoping Ronnie would reveal another crazy secret accidentally...or did he? Time will tell.

        Loading editor
    • The episode was a bit disappointing but the Garnet parts were funny.

        Loading editor
    • "i just wanted that camera outta my face" garnet the comedy master

        Loading editor
    • Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      It wasn't bad. It was just a comic relief type episode.

      Better than Shirt Club, not to mention Say Uncle.

      40000000000

      Rising tides,why ?

      SAY UNCLE was awesome,better than "Rising ronaldo\Crashing blog".
        Loading editor
    • Shun from Netherrealm wrote:
      Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      It wasn't bad. It was just a comic relief type episode.

      Better than Shirt Club, not to mention Say Uncle.

      40000000000

      Rising tides,why ?

      SAY UNCLE was awesome,better than "Rising ronaldo\Crashing blog".


      KEK

        Loading editor
    • It was a good episode, but not Steven Bomb worthy. I thought Steven Bombs were really revealing, but this was not at all, I was super excited when I saw "Sworn to the Sword", but this episode made me giggle and on one occasion laugh (the maybe baby pic) but I didn't like it or the fact that it was in a Steven Bomb.

        Loading editor
    • AddEmerald2Su wrote:
      not Steven Bomb worthy. I thought Steven Bombs were really revealing

      I thought it was the same as Political Power or Rose's Scabbard (which were both in the first Steven bomb) where it could have potential for being needed or referenced, like Political Power, or could have yet to be referenced directly but could have an impact in the future, like Rose's Scabbard.

        Loading editor
    • Well, the last time we got a full week of new episodes, it contained the final episodes of the season, so of course they were all going to be big. This time around we're getting a full week of new episodes because all of CN's good shows plus Uncle Grandpa and TTG are getting one. And it falls around the start of a season, so it's probably not going to be as explosive overall as the first week, but it's still new episodes of a show we're all into, so eh.

        Loading editor
    • AddEmerald2Su wrote:
      It was a good episode, but not Steven Bomb worthy. I thought Steven Bombs were really revealing, but this was not at all, I was super excited when I saw "Sworn to the Sword", but this episode made me giggle and on one occasion laugh (the maybe baby pic) but I didn't like it or the fact that it was in a Steven Bomb.


      I agree I got way too hyped from Sworn to the Sword and assumed this would be like that. As you said, not StevenBomb worthy.

        Loading editor
    • LionLicker wrote:
      AddEmerald2Su wrote:
      It was a good episode, but not Steven Bomb worthy. I thought Steven Bombs were really revealing, but this was not at all, I was super excited when I saw "Sworn to the Sword", but this episode made me giggle and on one occasion laugh (the maybe baby pic) but I didn't like it or the fact that it was in a Steven Bomb.

      I agree I got way too hyped from Sworn to the Sword and assumed this would be like that. As you said, not StevenBomb worthy.

      Honestly I wouldn't expect much from a Ronaldo episode. You can't really judge the success of one episode from another episode which contains completely different character, banter and themes.

        Loading editor
    • This episode was hilarious, but disappointing. But hey, this is Ronaldo we're talking about so, not surprised. :D

        Loading editor
    • I really enjoyed this episdoe. To be honest, I didn't come to the show for big reavling plot and tear-jerking moments. Sure, I love those, those are great, but the thing that made me fall in love with it were episodes like this. Smaller charecter studies with some jokes and cute moments. What people that are freaking out about this being a "filler" episdoe need to realize is that big events can't happen every episdoe, or you never learn to love the chareceters. Anyway, that my two cents.


      (It helped that this episdoe brought back some good memories from making similar homefilms back when I was little)

        Loading editor
    • i can already hear the feels running at us its coming tomorrow and their gunna hit hard

        Loading editor
    • This episode was not what I was expecting to see

        Loading editor
    • Not one of my favorites, but it's enjoyable on its own

        Loading editor
    • At least Onion was funny.

        Loading editor
    • It was kind of good. Not as good as "Sworn to the Sword," but still kind of intersting.

        Loading editor
    • 534967 wrote:
      It was kind of good. Not as good as "Sworn to the Sword," but still kind of intersting.

      exactly my thoughts!! there were some good moments, but they didn't stand out because we were expecting something as good as Sworn to the Sword

        Loading editor
    • This episode was really dissapointing. I expected the townspeople to realize the danger the Crystal Gems bring to Beach City, rally up and drive them out. But Steven would convince them that the Gems aren't that bad, the people would learn to accept the gems, and we would get another important episode. Instead we get a pointless episode where nothing in the slightest changes. And since the last StevenBomb was nothing but important plot related episodes, this feels out of place for a StevenBomb episode.

        Loading editor
    • MisterNexus wrote: This episode was really dissapointing. I expected the townspeople to realize the danger the Crystal Gems bring to Beach City, rally up and drive them out. But Steven would convince them that the Gems aren't that bad, the people would learn to accept the gems, and we would get another important episode. Instead we get a pointless episode where nothing in the slightest changes. And since the last StevenBomb was nothing but important plot related episodes, this feels out of place for a StevenBomb episode.

      Eh, I can tell that this wasn't a planned StevenBomb, I'm sure CN just wants to get episodes out faster....

        Loading editor
    • On the bright side, I think season 2 is finally out of bad episode.

      inb4 Rising Tides/Crashing Skies the sequel.

        Loading editor
    • Sharayna wrote:
      At least Onion was funny.

      Yep! XD

        Loading editor
    • Why is everybody so dissapointed?! You don't like the episode because you expected Malachite! I knew malachite won't be in it, so I wasn't even expecting her, so the episode was good, funny AND RONALDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111ONEoneoneelven!!!!!!!!!!!!!112@[łŁ÷ß 

        Loading editor
    • Sure, this episodes had no real surprises, major reveals, or punches to the heart, but I got a laugh out of it. Heck, by not having any surprises, that in itself, is sort of a surprise.

      Really though, while underwhelming, not every episode can be a hit, and this one is still fun and amusing. It's a bit of a breather, too, after Sworn to the Sword.

        Loading editor
    • Strawberry Eggs wrote:
      Sure, this episodes had no real surprises, major reveals, or punches to the heart, but I got a laugh out of it. Heck, by not having any surprises, that in itself, is sort of a surprise.

      Really though, while underwhelming, not every episode can be a hit, and this one is still fun and amusing. It's a bit of a breather, too, after Sworn to the Sword.

      I couldn't agree more!

        Loading editor
    • MisterNexus wrote:
      This episode was really dissapointing. I expected the townspeople to realize the danger the Crystal Gems bring to Beach City, rally up and drive them out. But Steven would convince them that the Gems aren't that bad, the people would learn to accept the gems, and we would get another important episode. Instead we get a pointless episode where nothing in the slightest changes. And since the last StevenBomb was nothing but important plot related episodes, this feels out of place for a StevenBomb episode.

      Oh come on. Just because nothing changes or nothing big happens doesn't mean it wasn't a decent, funny episode. And no one said all Stevenbomb episodes need to be huge and dramatic. Lets face it, Political power wasn't really that big or dramatic, besides the very end of it.

        Loading editor
    • Nikolix wrote:
      Why is everybody so dissapointed?! You don't like the episode because you expected Malachite! I knew malachite won't be in it, so I wasn't even expecting her, so the episode was good, funny AND RONALDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111ONEoneoneelven!!!!!!!!!!!!!112@[łŁ÷ß 

      I wasn't expecting Malachite. xD

        Loading editor
    • This one was fine for a character dev episode.  They did alright adding to the world and to be frank, I'm 100% ok with that.  They recycled very little if anything and still managed to add some action into the episode.

      Admittedly, I see this through the lens of my own experiences, but after watching the ep I raged privately about Ronaldo for probably longer than I should have.  I mean, the homeworld gems are pretty malicious -- they don't care about ending all life on Earth to achive their goals -- but at least they're honest about it.

      Ronaldo...  he's just plain sick.  I mean, it's fine that he has his conspiracies and all that, but his effort to drive the Crystal Gems away was just so awful.  He tries to couch it with the logic that their presence puts the humans in town in danger, but when he realizes that their departure would turn the town to normalcy he loses all composure and begs them to stay.  Granted Pearl had him dead to rights many episodes ago when she said he's just doing it to associate a higher meaning to his existence, but geez.  Ronaldo's actions are particularly vile, since it pretty much says that he's more than happy to throw the town under the bus as long as he gets his fame via his blog.  (i.e., If he was serious about the town's safety, he would at least have stuck to his guns about his effort, or at least tried to whip it into recognition for himself when they left...  but no, he wants to get the fame and keep it coming.)

      Top it off with the fact that Pearl blew through his logic in a heartbeat -- that the Gems were there long before the town was founded, which implies the folks living there are willing to live with the danger in return for a nice view -- and he still pushed forward with his on-camera tantrum like the spoiled child he is.  Not that it's much of a surprise given his past actions, but it was a very ugly bit to watch.

      Sadly, at the end of the day it's one of those eps where I'd lose my composure in private and yell at the TV way more than any sane person should.  Thankfully it's the only one they've made.

        Loading editor
    • Needed more Onion

        Loading editor
    • Sharayna wrote:
      Needed more Onion

      Onionnnnnn

        Loading editor
    • NeonClovers wrote:
      This episode was hilarious, but disappointing. But hey, this is Ronaldo we're talking about so, not surprised. :D

      exactly my thoughts (well not EXACTLY but same idea)

        Loading editor
    • I think the episode was okay but bit of a missed opportunity. Since at the end of the episode only Steven and the crystal gems were the only ones who were interested in reading his blog, what could have happened is that Ronaldo writes a blog called rising tides where he is very critical of the Gems, but realising that nobody reads his blog, Ronaldo ends up feeling that nobody takes him seriously and ignores him and he ends up questioning himself and what the point of his existence is. Maybe even getting a flashback where it is revealed that as a kid he was bullied and as a result has always had low self esteem, and in the end the crystal gems help to snap him out of it. Than he writes a blog called Crashing skies praising the Gems. It would of been nice if we saw some character building for Ronaldo, I feel like he is a character that feels that he wants to be important but deep down thinks he is not.

        Loading editor
    • Norite wrote:
      I think the episode was okay but bit of a missed opportunity. Since at the end of the episode only Steven and the crystal gems were the only ones who were interested in reading his blog, what could have happened is that Ronaldo writes a blog called rising tides where he is very critical of the Gems, but realising that nobody reads his blog, Ronaldo ends up feeling that nobody takes him seriously and ignores him and he ends up questioning himself and what the point of his existence is. Maybe even getting a flashback where it is revealed that as a kid he was bullied and as a result has always had low self esteem, and in the end the crystal gems help to snap him out of it. Than he writes a blog called Crashing skies praising the Gems. It would of been nice if we saw some character building for Ronaldo, I feel like he is a character that feels that he wants to be important but deep down thinks he is not.

      So true, I wish it went down like that.

        Loading editor
    • Evtini200 wrote:
      So like, let's be honest, this episode was horrible and there's no way to redeem it. I know that normally when I say an episode sucks, I'm joking, but this one was just awful.

      I liked it. :D

        Loading editor
    • They cant kep the story going every episode, they need fillers inbetween. It was an ok episode, had some funny parts. I think most people aren't satisfied because of the quality of yesterdays episode and they were hoping for more.

        Loading editor
    • Well honestly it's quite not bad....but it's a bit disappointing for me. I was expecting more after Sworn to the Sword episode, but overall it's good at least there are some funny parts. :D 

        Loading editor
    • I can't believe i'm saying this. But this episode was horrible. Just horrible. Normally fillers would be kinda OK. But this one is just bad. It had some funny parts. I'm not comparing this to Say Uncle as i watch UG too. But this is definitely a disappointing episode. Was expecting Malachite.

      Rating 3/10

        Loading editor
    • I think this episode is good but not for A STEVENBOMB!

        Loading editor
    • Imroflo wrote:
      They cant kep the story going every episode, they need fillers inbetween. It was an ok episode, had some funny parts. I think most people aren't satisfied because of the quality of yesterdays episode and they were hoping for more.

      Yes but not in a steven BOMB!

        Loading editor
    • I thought it was funny and it showed  how people see steven and the gems

        Loading editor
    • Gargantuar01 wrote:
      Imroflo wrote:
      They cant kep the story going every episode, they need fillers inbetween. It was an ok episode, had some funny parts. I think most people aren't satisfied because of the quality of yesterdays episode and they were hoping for more.
      Yes but not in a steven BOMB!

      Wasn't political power basically filler? Besides the very end? I mean, we already knew the gems were afraid of homeworld at that point.

        Loading editor
    • i was rafling with all the punch sound effects in the rtcs title card

        Loading editor
    • Rising Memes, Crashing Doge.

        Loading editor
    • So gems! Very crystal! Wow!

        Loading editor
    • Spacepirateklix wrote:
      Gargantuar01 wrote:
      Imroflo wrote:
      They cant kep the story going every episode, they need fillers inbetween. It was an ok episode, had some funny parts. I think most people aren't satisfied because of the quality of yesterdays episode and they were hoping for more.
      Yes but not in a steven BOMB!
      Wasn't political power basically filler? Besides the very end? I mean, we already knew the gems were afraid of homeworld at that point.

      Without Political Power, Steven wouldnt have been able to call Mayor Dewey and tell him to evacuate the town.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I found it a filler episode with stupid theories. Maybe a comic relief episode, but the only time I laughed was when Pearl called Ronaldo "Frybo". That was funny. I mean, all the other StevenBomb episodes seem to have an interesting or at least entertaining plot, so why can't this one? I don't know. Also, that Steven's pregnant stuff is still going on? It's stupid, he's MALE, you idiot.

      There have been other filler episodes. Say Uncle wasn't even canon, so I didn't really care. Shirt Club was a little entertaining. And Garnet's Universe was entertaining. But this was just a dissapointment.

      And no, I'm not one of those fanboys that wanted Malachite to appear. I'd actually prefer if they stayed down in the ocean until a lot later in the series. The only thing related to The Return/Jail Break I would want to see is maybe some more Homeworld Gems, and a fusion episode featuring Steven fusing with a Gem (probably Amethyst), or featuring Garnet and Pearl's fusion.

      Honestly, I don't like Ronaldo anyways. He's stupid, and 30x more than obsessed with this stuff. I gave this a 2.5/10.

        Loading editor
    • I thought it was funny.

      But does anyone have the pisture that was in the intro with all the arrows pointing to stevens stoumach saying BABY MAYBE?

      becuase i love that picture

        Loading editor
    • Sharayna wrote:
      Rising Memes, Crashing Doge.

      oml

        Loading editor
    • Hmmm... I wonder what happened to the remains of the Gem hand warship after Full disclosure... They don't show it in this ep, but I still am wondering what happened to the wreckage.

        Loading editor
    • As another user so perfectly puts it, "we've been on a hiatus for over two months and we need a breather epsiode!?'

        Loading editor
    • Evtini200 wrote:
      As another user so perfectly puts it, "we've been on a hiatus for over two months and we need a breather epsiode!?'

      I need it. The first StevenBomb had way too many heavy episodes in a row. I got into SU for the light episodes, not for the big plot episodes.

        Loading editor
    • Vogel100 wrote:
      Evtini200 wrote:
      As another user so perfectly puts it, "we've been on a hiatus for over two months and we need a breather epsiode!?'
      I need it. The first StevenBomb had way too many heavy episodes in a row. I got into SU for the light episodes, not for the big plot episodes.

      Must be tough for people like you having a hard time understanding episodes like Jailbreak, The Return, and Serious Steven(sort of for the last one)

        Loading editor
    • Evtini200 wrote:
      Spacepirateklix wrote:
      Evtini200 wrote:
      Better title for the ep: "The Episode Where Literally Nothing Happens For 11 Minutes But Because it Says Steven Universe the Fandom Believes it's Good."

      Alternate title: "If Lapis Lazuli Was an Episode."

      Again, it's just a funny break from the serious stuff we've been getting. I don't want to start something, but if you don't like an episode that's fine. Just don't say things like "if it says Steven universe the fandom beloved it's good.", people like the episode because it was a nice filler episode.

      On a side note, I feel like we should be reminded that this is a CHILDREN'S show first and foremost. Not every episode is dramatic, funny filler should be expected.

      In order to be funny filer, it needs to actually be funny. That's how it failed. It wasn't funny, heartwarming, or entertaining in any real way.

      But whatevs man. More power to y'all if you actually liked this.

      again, it's a children's cartoon. Not everybody on the planet has to have a dark humor or some really messed up humor. Espescially not children.  So what if it was a filler? Fillers are great. Fillers are calming. I personally thought it was really funny. It made me laugh at a character I'm not a big fan of. the whole "it needs to be funny to be a filter" is a lie. Story for Steven, believe it or not, was a filler, and Story for Steven was not funny at all. Filler episodes are episodes that could literally fit anywhere in the series and it wouldn't screw up the show's timeline.  Just like those 3 or 4 season 1 episodes that was pushed to Season 2. They could've worked literally anywhere in the show's timeline in Season one, with the exception of Pearl's regeneration form. 

      The episode was underwhelming. So what. It wasn't funny. So what, a lot of episodes aren't. Just to remind you though, this is the calm before the storm. I for one would be incredibly stressed out after having to watch 5 emotionally tormenting episodes in a row. Let the show have the smaller episodes it needs.

        Loading editor
    • I think that the biggest problem this episode has it that it was broadcast just one day after Sworn to the Sword, which is possibly the best SU episode ever (or close to). Almost any episode broadcast just one day after that would seem poor by comparison. If it had been shown during the normal weekly schedule it would just seem like another average episode.

        Loading editor
    • Speccyemerald wrote:
      Vogel100 wrote:
      Evtini200 wrote:
      As another user so perfectly puts it, "we've been on a hiatus for over two months and we need a breather epsiode!?'
      I need it. The first StevenBomb had way too many heavy episodes in a row. I got into SU for the light episodes, not for the big plot episodes.
      Must be tough for people like you having a hard time understanding episodes like Jailbreak, The Return, and Serious Steven(sort of for the last one)

      When did I say that? Please remind me because I don't remember.

        Loading editor
    • This episode was... okay. Nothing remarkable. Nothing ground breaking. Just okay. We got to see a little more of Ronaldo's character, though I'm sure some fans felt that we've seen enough of his character in "Keep Beach City Weird" (the episode) and Horror Club. You want to know what I've learned about Ronaldo? He's an idiot. Now hold on, before you lash out at me, let me explain. I don't mean it in a mean way. I mean like he's one of those likeable idiot's we see on TV shows. And while Ronaldo isn't litterally "dumb", he does look a bit idiodic at times. I mean, his questioning about Steven being pregnant? Steven is a boy Ronaldo, boys can't be pregnant you numbskull. Take a biology class (I know this was done for laughs). But I guess that's what's funny about him. I did like the interview-ees comments. I'm a little bit surprised he didn't interview Connie. One way this episode can be summed up is "Ronaldo being Ronaldo". One thing I should point out is near the end when he tries to "convince" the CGs to stay so his blog while stay alive. I thought it was kind of hilarious, though some people might be like, "REALLY?! Your blog is more important to you than the safety of your home town AND your family?!" I give this episode a 7 out of 10. Every other episode, for me, is from 8 to 10 and this is the first episode to be below 8. I honestly thought "Garnet's Universe" and "Say Uncle" were more enjoyable episodes. In terms of the show's overall plot, this is the first Episode that I would consider a "filler". Not the bad kind, the good kind. If any of you got much more enjoy from this episode than I did, more power too you. Those who thought this episode out right sucked, eh I can't blame you I guess. I'm pretty sure this episode will be the low-point of StevenBomb 2.0. I could be wrong, but we'll just have to see.

        Loading editor
    • One does not simply crash skies, or rise tides

        Loading editor
    • This was a quaint, much needed episode that focused on the townspeople instead of the crystal gems. Beach City is still here. We can't expect every episode to be about Malachite reappearing, and Peridot joining the crystal gems (please no).

      The only thing I disliked is the new theme song, which is so painful it is beyond words.

        Loading editor
    • Spiderwebbe wrote:
      This was a quaint, much needed episode that focused on the townspeople instead of the crystal gems. Beach City is still here. We can't expect every episode to be about Malachite reappearing, and Peridot joining the crystal gems (please no).

      The only thing I disliked is the new theme song, which is so painful it is beyond words.

      1.You make a good point.

      2.How do you not like the new opening? It's much more joyfull than the previous opening. The "theme song" is exactly the same but with slightly a different instrumentation.

        Loading editor
    • We all even thought, that Onion was gonna say something! But, no. |-:,

        Loading editor
    • I do like the new opening sequence except for one thing. Having Zach say (instead of sing) "Gems" the way they did, was really jarring to my ears. I don't understand that, as he clearly can sing.

        Loading editor
    • I EVEN MEMED THE NEW INTRO

        Loading editor
    • Pymien wrote:
      The official discussion thread for the episode Rising Tides, Crashing Skies. This is the second episode for Stevenbomb. Enjoy your discussion!

      BACK TO DISCUSSION HUB - http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:122614

      i diden like it much its was odd and just a recap of what we know

        Loading editor
    • Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      I do like the new opening sequence except for one thing. Having Zach say (instead of sing) "Gems" the way they did, was really jarring to my ears. I don't understand that, as he clearly can sing.

      Zach DID "sing" that part. it probably just sounded odd because only he sang it whereas in the previous one, all four of them sung it. I'm a little surprised they didn't have Zach re-record his lines with his current voice pitch.

        Loading editor
    • I pray that renaldo never shows up again cause when he does his usually protrade as extremely pathetic

        Loading editor
    • Natsu Fury wrote:
      I pray that renaldo never shows up again cause when he does his usually protrade as extremely pathetic


      It is an acurate portrayal.

        Loading editor
    • Evtini200 wrote:
      So like, let's be honest, this episode was horrible and there's no way to redeem it. I know that normally when I say an episode sucks, I'm joking, but this one was just awful.

      Yeah, I purposely think it was buttsuck.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think you should be so harsh. I think that it would be nice to have Ronaldo show up once in a while to add some comedy to the episode, but having an entire episode dedicated to him was just a bad idea.

        Loading editor
    • I'm a little disappointed this was pretty much a filler episode, not that their bad, and no Malachite but at least it gave me a laugh. 

      And also, Ronaldo thinking Steven's pregnant was weird.

        Loading editor
    • Well now we have another episode to wait for. We shall see if its better than this one.

        Loading editor
    • It makes me feel sad that people get upset about filler. 

        Loading editor
    • If SU did not have filler episodes then SU would be a better show 

        Loading editor
    • SlenderMarioX wrote:
      If SU did not have filler episodes then SU would be a better show 

      no true at all

        Loading editor
    • Owenbretts wrote:
      SlenderMarioX wrote:
      If SU did not have filler episodes then SU would be a better show 
      no true at all

      How it not true?

        Loading editor
    • SlenderMarioX wrote:
      If SU did not have filler episodes then SU would be a better show 

      Actually some fillers are pretty good. (Garnet's Universe was awesome)

        Loading editor
    • SlenderMarioX wrote:
      Owenbretts wrote:
      SlenderMarioX wrote:
      If SU did not have filler episodes then SU would be a better show 
      no true at all
      How it not true?

      There would be VERY little characte devolpement, Months would pass in the matter of episodes, it would be bad storrytelling.

        Loading editor
    • ok everybody what are we thinking the "dark secret" that the gems find out about the kindergarden?

        Loading editor
    • I NEED RUBY AND SAPPHIRE!

        Loading editor
    • SlenderMarioX wrote:
      If SU did not have filler episodes then SU would be a better show 

      Filler kinda slows down the show it's a good thing tho because the plot would go to fast or something.

        Loading editor
    • i think we all need rubes and saph

        Loading editor
    • The Jammin' Gem wrote:
      ok everybody what are we thinking the "dark secret" that the gems find out about the kindergarden?

      Maybe it has something to do with Peri!

        Loading editor
    • i dought that she would pop up so soon after her escape. i feel like they would draw it out longer

        Loading editor
    • woop woop five minutes till new ep yo

        Loading editor
    • Do you think maybe the idea Steven is pregnant isn't just for laughs but something to do with Rose? Like maybe she's growing inside Steven. Steven is male but half gem and if Rose formed a womb then anything is possible.

        Loading editor
    • Tighten wrote:
      Do you think maybe the idea Steven is pregnant isn't just for laughs but something to do with Rose? Like maybe she's growing inside Steven. Steven is male but half gem and if Rose formed a womb then anything is possible.


      That idea is completely crazy.

      Which is why I like it!

        Loading editor
    • Tighten wrote:
      Do you think maybe the idea Steven is pregnant isn't just for laughs but something to do with Rose? Like maybe she's growing inside Steven. Steven is male but half gem and if Rose formed a womb then anything is possible.

      well it is possible i guess since Rose is half of Steven

        Loading editor
    • Okay I love this ep now, ONE- the monster was subtely alluded with that mini-crab- TWO- Mayor Dewey's response to the idea of a cover up. THEORY ALMOST CONFIRMED!

        Loading editor
    • I see Ronaldo is still putting himself out there, whether people are looking at his blog or not. The episode was OK, not the kind to gave me chills in my body.

        Loading editor
    • What I'm wondering about is why the citizens of Beach city live near five magical beings and they don't, like, go crazy over it.

        Loading editor
    • Sharayna wrote:
      What I'm wondering about is why the citizens of Beach city live near five magical beings and they don't, like, go crazy over it.

      Maybe because they see Steven with them and sort of make an assumption that they're cool and non dangerous as a result? Because not only does everyone know Steven personally, but also because he's a young boy?? and seeing a child with them and feeling/being perfectly safe makes them feel safe as a result?

        Loading editor
    • Quarteywisdom



      This was in reference to "Secret Team" an ep many THOUGHT was filler, but as "Keep it Together" proves, there is no filler. This ep will be mentioned again.

        Loading editor
    • Ian lied

        Loading editor
    • Shun from Netherrealm wrote:
      Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      It wasn't bad. It was just a comic relief type episode.

      Better than Shirt Club, not to mention Say Uncle.

      40000000000

      Rising tides,why ?

      SAY UNCLE was awesome,better than "Rising ronaldo\Crashing blog".

      That is a bold saying. Nothing can be worse than say uncle.

        Loading editor
    • PearlLazuli wrote:
      Shun from Netherrealm wrote:
      Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      It wasn't bad. It was just a comic relief type episode.

      Better than Shirt Club, not to mention Say Uncle.

      40000000000

      Rising tides,why ?

      SAY UNCLE was awesome,better than "Rising ronaldo\Crashing blog".
      That is a bold saying. Nothing can be worse than say uncle.

      lololololololols that pic XD

        Loading editor
    • are there new episodes coming up?

        Loading editor
    • Phinto64 wrote:
      are there new episodes coming up?

      There's another hiatus for now.

        Loading editor
    • Due to Stevenbomb being over, all meta-threads are being merged back to main thread - http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:122080 - Discuss this episode along with the others here.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.