FANDOM


  • Does anybody know how Algeria is under water or destroyed in Steven Universe? It's my birth place and I was born in Algiers.

      Loading editor
    • Algeria doesn't seems to exists in the SU world. The geography of the African continent was probably mutated by the Gem activity on Earth. And that's only with 2% of the actual work done.

      Ghana doesn't seems to exist, also. And that's very strange, since the Pizza family are clearly fo Ghainan origin.

        Loading editor
    • Elledy92 wrote:
      Algeria doesn't seems to exists in the SU world. The geography of the African continent was probably mutated by the Gem activity on Earth. And that's only with 2% of the actual work done.

      Ghana doesn't seems to exist, also. And that's very strange, since the Pizza family are clearly fo Ghainan origin.

      I heard the family was born there except for the twins. I read Algeria is under water.

        Loading editor
    • It apears that Africa and South America split apart different when Pangea broke up, which is actually some what plausable from a geological perspective as that section of Africa is a block of rock called a Craton and these tend stay together durring a continental breakup.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_African_Craton

      The land that we would call Algeria seems to have ended up on South America which would mean the climate is likely tropical their rather then desert and without a connection to the middle east or europe the entire history of the area would be different. 

      Possibly some of the history and culture we assosiate with Algeria and the Maghreb in general may exist on the coast of the modified African continent scrunched up in a sense and on land that would otherwise have been the Sahara.

        Loading editor
    • ImpalerWrG wrote:
      It apears that Africa and South America split apart different when Pangea broke up, which is actually some what plausable from a geological perspective as that section of Africa is a block of rock called a Craton and these tend stay together durring a continental breakup.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_African_Craton

      The land that we would call Algeria seems to have ended up on South America which would mean the climate is likely tropical their rather then desert and without a connection to the middle east or europe the entire history of the area would be different. 

      Possibly some of the history and culture we assosiate with Algeria and the Maghreb in general may exist on the coast of the modified African continent scrunched up in a sense and on land that would otherwise have been the Sahara.

      Are you saying part of it cracked and move? I don't understand much of geographical.

        Loading editor
    • Essentially yes, if your not familiar with the concept of plate tectonics you can read up more here

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_tectonics  and  here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangaea

      Basically the way the SU world looks different from out own is consistent with geology and I think the Crewniverse knew what they were doing when drawing these maps, normal geological processes could do this if the timeline diverges several hundreds of millions of years ago. 

      Except for the giant sea over Siberia, that is very likly gem activity in the recent past.

        Loading editor
    • ImpalerWrG wrote:
      Essentially yes, if your not familiar with the concept of plate tectonics you can read up more here

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_tectonics  and  here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangaea

      Basically the way the SU world looks different from out own is consistent with geology and I think the Crewniverse knew what they were doing when drawing these maps, normal geological processes could do this if the timeline diverges several hundreds of millions of years ago. 

      Except for the giant sea over Siberia, that is very likly gem activity in the recent past.

      So in gems' world, Algeria is part of South America instead of North Africa?

        Loading editor
    • ImpalerWrG wrote:
      It apears that Africa and South America split apart different when Pangea broke up, which is actually some what plausable from a geological perspective as that section of Africa is a block of rock called a Craton and these tend stay together durring a continental breakup.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_African_Craton

      The land that we would call Algeria seems to have ended up on South America which would mean the climate is likely tropical their rather then desert and without a connection to the middle east or europe the entire history of the area would be different. 

      Possibly some of the history and culture we assosiate with Algeria and the Maghreb in general may exist on the coast of the modified African continent scrunched up in a sense and on land that would otherwise have been the Sahara.

      That would hav happened if the Gems arrived on Earth billions of years ago, but they stayed on Earth only for few thousands of years. I think the change on Earth's geography are entirely artificial.

        Loading editor
    • Elledy92 wrote:
      ImpalerWrG wrote:
      It apears that Africa and South America split apart different when Pangea broke up, which is actually some what plausable from a geological perspective as that section of Africa is a block of rock called a Craton and these tend stay together durring a continental breakup.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_African_CratonThe land that we would call Algeria seems to have ended up on South America which would mean the climate is likely tropical their rather then desert and without a connection to the middle east or europe the entire history of the area would be different. 

      Possibly some of the history and culture we assosiate with Algeria and the Maghreb in general may exist on the coast of the modified African continent scrunched up in a sense and on land that would otherwise have been the Sahara.

      That would hav happened if the Gems arrived on Earth billions of years ago, but they stayed on Earth only for few thousands of years. I think the change on Earth's geography are entirely artificial.

      Did the crew inverse ever explained what exactly happened to the Earth? 

        Loading editor
    • Nope they have never explained it other then to say that it is not 'our' Earth and that major historical events like WW2 never happened.  But it looks like virtually all of human history would be different given the strange geography.

      And yes gems visiting the Earth billions of years ago could explain the large scale changes, but they are not 'artificial' in a real sense, they would be the normal geologic processes that diverge slowly from our timeline, the initial change could be very small via the butterfly principle. 

      Only the giant hole in Siberia looks artificial to me, note that a dot denoting a gem location was at the center of that sea in 'Wouldnt it be great' so it's very likely that this was some kind of hollowing out of the Earth being conducted there.

      But we cant conclude this definitivly, that may simply have been the development of an alternate time-line without any gem interaction at all, it seems odd that gems would visit and leave the Earth considering their strong desire to colonize.

        Loading editor
    • ImpalerWrG wrote:
      Nope they have never explained it other then to say that it is not 'our' Earth and that major historical events like WW2 never happened.  But it looks like virtually all of human history would be different given the strange geography.

      And yes gems visiting the Earth billions of years ago could explain the large scale changes, but they are not 'artificial' in a real sense, they would be the normal geologic processes that diverge slowly from our timeline, the initial change could be very small via the butterfly principle. 

      Only the giant hole in Siberia looks artificial to me, note that a dot denoting a gem location was at the center of that sea in 'Wouldnt it be great' so it's very likely that this was some kind of hollowing out of the Earth being conducted there.

      But we cant conclude this definitivly, that may simply have been the development of an alternate time-line without any gem interaction at all, it seems odd that gems would visit and leave the Earth considering their strong desire to colonize.

      Does Algeria still exist in gem world?

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.