FANDOM


  • Ok, so i've been wondering how Steven gets his money with his dad only working a carwash, and of course Greg got his Big Bundle o' Money, but I still wondered how Steven and his dad got by, having 3 mouths to feed (including Amethyst, that is.) but NOW i have an answer!

    Amethyst (and later Steven as well) would win money in their underground tounaments! I also think that one of the reasons they decided to quit wrestling is because they didnt need to because they could get all the money they needed from Greg.

    Unless someone can disproove this somehow, I now have the answer to the question that's been bugging me since the begining!

      Loading editor
    • I've always figured them and the Mayor having sort of an agreement: the city covers their living costs and in return they protect Beach City.

        Loading editor
    • Then figure it how Pearl had money when she paid for the cookie cats in Gem Glow. 0^:

        Loading editor
    • DapperPearl wrote:
      Then figure it how Pearl had money when she paid for the cookie cats in Gem Glow. 0^:


      ...? The Mayor gives them money, Pearl gives the store clerk money..?

        Loading editor
    • Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      DapperPearl wrote:
      Then figure it how Pearl had money when she paid for the cookie cats in Gem Glow. 0^:

      ...? The Mayor gives them money, Pearl gives the store clerk money..?

      The Mayor just giving them money for protecting Beach City? I dunno, doesn't sound like something Dewey would do

        Loading editor
    • Well, Garnet and Pearl didn't know Amethyst was wrestling until Tiger Millionaire, so I would assume that if she were making any money doing this, she would be using it for herself. If the money were going towards their financial situation, Garnet and Pearl would get suspicious about where the money was coming from, and Garnet would be able to use her future vision to see what Amethyst was doing.

      With Beach City being a town for tourists in the summertime (as implied in Ocean Gem), I'd assume Greg just made enough money during the summer to get by during the year. That, and Pearl just probably has a butt-load of cash stashed in her gem to use in case of an emergency, which she probably earned through thousands of years being on Earth, doing miscellaneous jobs, and selling useless artifacts the gems have collected.

        Loading editor
    • DapperPearl wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      DapperPearl wrote:
      Then figure it how Pearl had money when she paid for the cookie cats in Gem Glow. 0^:

      ...? The Mayor gives them money, Pearl gives the store clerk money..?
      The Mayor just giving them money for protecting Beach City? I dunno, doesn't sound like something Dewey would do


      Think of it as an obligation that comes with the office of Mayor. A tradition. After all, when you think about it, Beach City is built upon Crystal Gem property.

        Loading editor
    • Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      DapperPearl wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      DapperPearl wrote:
      Then figure it how Pearl had money when she paid for the cookie cats in Gem Glow. 0^:

      ...? The Mayor gives them money, Pearl gives the store clerk money..?
      The Mayor just giving them money for protecting Beach City? I dunno, doesn't sound like something Dewey would do

      Think of it as an obligation that comes with the office of Mayor. A tradition. After all, when you think about it, Beach City is built upon Crystal Gem property.

      So Mayor Dewey is paying everyone's rent?

        Loading editor
    • Didn't one of the crew said Greg pays for all the damage the gems cause?

        Loading editor
    • Steven Bomb 17 wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      DapperPearl wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      DapperPearl wrote:
      Then figure it how Pearl had money when she paid for the cookie cats in Gem Glow. 0^:

      ...? The Mayor gives them money, Pearl gives the store clerk money..?
      The Mayor just giving them money for protecting Beach City? I dunno, doesn't sound like something Dewey would do

      Think of it as an obligation that comes with the office of Mayor. A tradition. After all, when you think about it, Beach City is built upon Crystal Gem property.
      So Mayor Dewey is paying everyone's rent?


      Well, yeah in essence. By looking the other way, covering the costs of repairs when they smash a random building  - and keeping Amethyst fed. Things like that. Maybe the Gems have an account setup for them managed by the city where they can withdraw some cash when they need it (like when Pearl went back and paid for the things they stole).

        Loading editor
    • Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      Steven Bomb 17 wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      DapperPearl wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      DapperPearl wrote:
      Then figure it how Pearl had money when she paid for the cookie cats in Gem Glow. 0^:

      ...? The Mayor gives them money, Pearl gives the store clerk money..?
      The Mayor just giving them money for protecting Beach City? I dunno, doesn't sound like something Dewey would do

      Think of it as an obligation that comes with the office of Mayor. A tradition. After all, when you think about it, Beach City is built upon Crystal Gem property.
      So Mayor Dewey is paying everyone's rent?

      Well, yeah in essence. By looking the other way, covering the costs of repairs when they smash a random building  - and keeping Amethyst fed. Things like that. Maybe the Gems have an account setup for them managed by the city where they can withdraw some cash when they need it (like when Pearl went back and paid for the things they stole).

      It's called protection money. ;)

        Loading editor
    • Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      Steven Bomb 17 wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      DapperPearl wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      DapperPearl wrote:
      Then figure it how Pearl had money when she paid for the cookie cats in Gem Glow. 0^:

      ...? The Mayor gives them money, Pearl gives the store clerk money..?
      The Mayor just giving them money for protecting Beach City? I dunno, doesn't sound like something Dewey would do

      Think of it as an obligation that comes with the office of Mayor. A tradition. After all, when you think about it, Beach City is built upon Crystal Gem property.
      So Mayor Dewey is paying everyone's rent?

      Well, yeah in essence. By looking the other way, covering the costs of repairs when they smash a random building  - and keeping Amethyst fed. Things like that. Maybe the Gems have an account setup for them managed by the city where they can withdraw some cash when they need it (like when Pearl went back and paid for the things they stole).
      It's called protection money. ;)

      Meh, I'm still gonna call it rent, it's funnier this way

        Loading editor
    • Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      Steven Bomb 17 wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      DapperPearl wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      DapperPearl wrote:
      Then figure it how Pearl had money when she paid for the cookie cats in Gem Glow. 0^:

      ...? The Mayor gives them money, Pearl gives the store clerk money..?
      The Mayor just giving them money for protecting Beach City? I dunno, doesn't sound like something Dewey would do

      Think of it as an obligation that comes with the office of Mayor. A tradition. After all, when you think about it, Beach City is built upon Crystal Gem property.
      So Mayor Dewey is paying everyone's rent?

      Well, yeah in essence. By looking the other way, covering the costs of repairs when they smash a random building  - and keeping Amethyst fed. Things like that. Maybe the Gems have an account setup for them managed by the city where they can withdraw some cash when they need it (like when Pearl went back and paid for the things they stole).
      It's called protection money. ;)

      When the humans settled Beach City, Garnet made the then-Mayor an offer he couldn't refuse. ;)

        Loading editor
    • "It's a nice little town you're building here, Mr. Dewey. Be a shame if anything were to happen to it."

        Loading editor
    • Garnet: Ok you can live here but you need to pay some kind of rent for living here."

      William: Like what?

      Rose: We won't ask much of you of course, just every once in a while give us something like money or objects.

      William: And you'll protect us from monsters? Sounds like a fair trade, let's make the contract.

      Shortly after Steven is born

      Garnet: You need to give us extra money for just a few years, until Steven is old enough for a job.

      Bill: I don't know...

      Amethyst: Oh I almost forgot, I saw what you did last night.

      Bill: You've got yourself a deal!

        Loading editor
    • Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      "It's a nice little town you're building here, Mr. Dewey. Be a shame if anything were to happen to it."

      -Cue the Mayor waking up with the beheaded head of Gem some monster next to him.-

        Loading editor
    • "You know Mr. Mayor, Rose gets upset when she don't think peoples are showins her proper respect. Know what I mean?"

        Loading editor
    • I always figured it was some mundane explanation.  Like the Gems started a bank account in the 1800s and it has accrued a lot of interest over the years.  Granted why would the Gems who need nothing start a bank account?  Well the answer is always simple:  Future Vision *sheen*

        Loading editor
    • Diorite wrote:
      I always figured it was some mundane explanation.  Like the Gems started a bank account in the 1800s and it has accrued a lot of interest over the years.  Granted why would the Gems who need nothing start a bank account?  Well the answer is always simple:  Future Vision *sheen*

      That idea of putting money in the bank is a myth. The reality is that in the long run inflation is almost always greater than interest accrued by an account. Interests offered by banks are usually in the 1% to 2% range, while inflation varies from 1% to 20% (in the U.S.) with an average of around 3%. Your savings will never keep up  in the long run.

        Loading editor
    • Diorite wrote:
      I always figured it was some mundane explanation.  Like the Gems started a bank account in the 1800s and it has accrued a lot of interest over the years.  Granted why would the Gems who need nothing start a bank account?  Well the answer is always simple:  Future Vision *sheen*


      Speaking of Future Vision, if Garnet wanted too she could make a killing at the stock market. Or the lottery. Or a myriad of other things such as sport betting, casino gambling etc.

      Damn, I just thought of an episode: Greg goes to the big city and loses his money to a crooked casino, and Steven and the gang have to make one of those movies about a bunch of guys counting cards to beat the casino and stuff to get it back...!

        Loading editor
    • Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      Diorite wrote:
      I always figured it was some mundane explanation.  Like the Gems started a bank account in the 1800s and it has accrued a lot of interest over the years.  Granted why would the Gems who need nothing start a bank account?  Well the answer is always simple:  Future Vision *sheen*
      That idea of putting money in the bank is a myth. The reality is that in the long run inflation is almost always greater than interest accrued by an account. Interests offered by banks are usually in the 1% to 2% range, while inflation varies from 1% to 20% (in the U.S.) with an average of around 3%. Your savings will never keep up  in the long run.


      B-but that one "Futurama" episode... :(

        Loading editor
    • Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      Diorite wrote:
      I always figured it was some mundane explanation.  Like the Gems started a bank account in the 1800s and it has accrued a lot of interest over the years.  Granted why would the Gems who need nothing start a bank account?  Well the answer is always simple:  Future Vision *sheen*

      Speaking of Future Vision, if Garnet wanted too she could make a killing at the stock market. Or the lottery. Or a myriad of other things such as sport betting, casino gambling etc.

      Damn, I just thought of an episode: Greg goes to the big city and loses his money to a crooked casino, and Steven and the gang have to make one of those movies about a bunch of guys counting cards to beat the casino and stuff to get it back...!

      Or, better, a Heist! If anybody could do a flawless heist it would be the Gems, if they can keep their nerves steady.

        Loading editor
    • Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      Strong In The Real Way wrote:
      Diorite wrote:
      I always figured it was some mundane explanation.  Like the Gems started a bank account in the 1800s and it has accrued a lot of interest over the years.  Granted why would the Gems who need nothing start a bank account?  Well the answer is always simple:  Future Vision *sheen*

      Speaking of Future Vision, if Garnet wanted too she could make a killing at the stock market. Or the lottery. Or a myriad of other things such as sport betting, casino gambling etc.

      Damn, I just thought of an episode: Greg goes to the big city and loses his money to a crooked casino, and Steven and the gang have to make one of those movies about a bunch of guys counting cards to beat the casino and stuff to get it back...!

      Or, better, a Heist! If anybody could do a flawless heist it would be the Gems, if they can keep their nerves steady.

      "Steven's Eleven"

      Or rather "Steven's Three" but then the reference would be lost...

        Loading editor
    • "Steven's Eleven"

      Steven, Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst, Lapis, Peridot, Connie, Greg, Pumpkin, Lion, Dr. Maheswaran.

      Substitutes might be possible.

        Loading editor
    • Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      "Steven's Eleven"Steven, Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst, Lapis, Peridot, Connie, Greg, Pumpkin, Lion, Dr. Maheswaran.

      Substitutes might be possible.

      Hey, I forgot the biggest master criminal in Beach City: Onion.

      The Heist should be called "Onion's Eleven", with the above characters.

        Loading editor
    • Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      Ronaldo Smith wrote:
      "Steven's Eleven"Steven, Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst, Lapis, Peridot, Connie, Greg, Pumpkin, Lion, Dr. Maheswaran.

      Substitutes might be possible.

      Hey, I forgot the biggest master criminal in Beach City: Onion.

      The Heist should be called "Onion's Eleven", with the above characters.


      Or he's the rotten egg of the bunch who ends up betraying them to whoever they are pulling a heist on....dun dun duuuuun.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.