FANDOM


  • 1. Lack of focus episodes on the fusion.


    2. Became forgotten after Chille Tid due to Peridot's resurfacing.


    3. When the fusion is finally found in Super Watermelon Island she is defused in the episode instead of still being fused after being defeated by Alexandrite and proceed to escape til the fusion resurfaces for a rematch.

    4. Can be summed up by the Arc Fatigue page (At the Arc Stall section's Western Animation folder). http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArcFatigue

      Loading editor
    • Malachite was literally just a way to get Lapis and Jasper out of the narrative for awhile tbh.

        Loading editor
    • Lenhi wrote:
      Malachite was literally just a way to get Lapis and Jasper out of the narrative for awhile tbh.

      Then why was there an episode dedicated to finding her?

        Loading editor
    • It was an Arc. Malachite was a looming threat, coupled with the Cluster, and peridot's redemption. It's an arc, but no one's calling it just the malachite arc. It encompasses several issues, that were resolved when Malachite and the Cluster were dealt with. So you can call it the Cluster Arc, the Malachite Arc, or the Peridot arc, and would be somewhat wrong in all cases. Arcs don't have to be about solely one central thing. 

        Loading editor
    • Nearhza wrote:
      It was an Arc. Malachite was a looming threat, coupled with the Cluster, and peridot's redemption. It's an arc, but no one's calling it just the malachite arc. It encompasses several issues, that were resolved when Malachite and the Cluster were dealt with. So you can call it the Cluster Arc, the Malachite Arc, or the Peridot arc, and would be somewhat wrong in all cases. Arcs don't have to be about solely one central thing. 

      Regarding the last sentence in your response, if an arc doesn't have to be about solely one thing then why is every episode after Chille Tid focus primarily on finding Peridot or just Peridot especially by that time Lapis already lost her individuality.

        Loading editor
    • Kaizo Nochi wrote:
      Nearhza wrote:
      It was an Arc. Malachite was a looming threat, coupled with the Cluster, and peridot's redemption. It's an arc, but no one's calling it just the malachite arc. It encompasses several issues, that were resolved when Malachite and the Cluster were dealt with. So you can call it the Cluster Arc, the Malachite Arc, or the Peridot arc, and would be somewhat wrong in all cases. Arcs don't have to be about solely one central thing. 
      Regarding the last sentence in your response, if an arc doesn't have to be about solely one thing then why is every episode after Chille Tid focus primarily on finding Peridot or just Peridot especially by that time Lapis already lost her individuality.

      You really think The Week of Sardonyx was primarily about Peridot? It was about Pearl and Garnet. At that point, Peridot was more a plot device than a central issue. It isn't until eight episodes after Chille Tid, Catch and Release specifically, that Peridot becomes a central point. 

      Cry for Help was  about Peridot in a way, but Key Stone Motel didn't even mention Peridot, nor did Onion Friend (I don't think), and not in Historical Friction either. Peridot really only came back in Friend Ship, and again...she was more a plot device for Sardonyx's relationship than anything else. Peridot isn't mentioned in Nightmare Hospital or Sadie's Song either. Again, Peridot was still an important part of the story, as a looming threat, but not the central issue. Every episode was not primarily focused on Peridot for some time. 

        Loading editor
    • Nearhza wrote:
      Kaizo Nochi wrote:
      Nearhza wrote:
      It was an Arc. Malachite was a looming threat, coupled with the Cluster, and peridot's redemption. It's an arc, but no one's calling it just the malachite arc. It encompasses several issues, that were resolved when Malachite and the Cluster were dealt with. So you can call it the Cluster Arc, the Malachite Arc, or the Peridot arc, and would be somewhat wrong in all cases. Arcs don't have to be about solely one central thing. 
      Regarding the last sentence in your response, if an arc doesn't have to be about solely one thing then why is every episode after Chille Tid focus primarily on finding Peridot or just Peridot especially by that time Lapis already lost her individuality.
      You really think The Week of Sardonyx was primarily about Peridot? It was about Pearl and Garnet. At that point, Peridot was more a plot device than a central issue. It isn't until eight episodes after Chille Tid, Catch and Release specifically, that Peridot becomes a central point. 

      Cry for Help was  about Peridot in a way, but Key Stone Motel didn't even mention Peridot, nor did Onion Friend (I don't think), and not in Historical Friction either. Peridot really only came back in Friend Ship, and again...she was more a plot device for Sardonyx's relationship than anything else. Peridot isn't mentioned in Nightmare Hospital or Sadie's Song either. Again, Peridot was still an important part of the story, as a looming threat, but not the central issue. Every episode was not primarily focused on Peridot for some time. 

      But still they still put their focus on Peridot while Malachite gets only one mention after Chille Tid and never had any major appearances since. Still I have to give you credit for you being level headed when dealing with other people.

        Loading editor
    • Kaizo Nochi wrote:
      Nearhza wrote:
      Kaizo Nochi wrote:
      Nearhza wrote:
      It was an Arc. Malachite was a looming threat, coupled with the Cluster, and peridot's redemption. It's an arc, but no one's calling it just the malachite arc. It encompasses several issues, that were resolved when Malachite and the Cluster were dealt with. So you can call it the Cluster Arc, the Malachite Arc, or the Peridot arc, and would be somewhat wrong in all cases. Arcs don't have to be about solely one central thing. 
      Regarding the last sentence in your response, if an arc doesn't have to be about solely one thing then why is every episode after Chille Tid focus primarily on finding Peridot or just Peridot especially by that time Lapis already lost her individuality.
      You really think The Week of Sardonyx was primarily about Peridot? It was about Pearl and Garnet. At that point, Peridot was more a plot device than a central issue. It isn't until eight episodes after Chille Tid, Catch and Release specifically, that Peridot becomes a central point. 

      Cry for Help was  about Peridot in a way, but Key Stone Motel didn't even mention Peridot, nor did Onion Friend (I don't think), and not in Historical Friction either. Peridot really only came back in Friend Ship, and again...she was more a plot device for Sardonyx's relationship than anything else. Peridot isn't mentioned in Nightmare Hospital or Sadie's Song either. Again, Peridot was still an important part of the story, as a looming threat, but not the central issue. Every episode was not primarily focused on Peridot for some time. 

      But still they still put their focus on Peridot while Malachite gets only one mention after Chille Tid and never had any major appearances since. Still I have to give you credit for you being level headed when dealing with other people.

      Well, sure. I'll give you that, but Malachite was still a threat to be mindful of. I think because it's a kids show, they can't be constantly dealing with extistential crises 24/7. They mixed in a lot of emotional episodes, goofy episodes, etc to keep it fresh. 

      And yeah, this is a discussion forum. We're all just exchanging ideas. No reason to get heated or anything :)

        Loading editor
    • I saw Malachite as powerful narrative on abusive relationships, honestly. And, nowadays more than ever (sadly), younglings (not limited to but especially young ladies) definitely need to be educated about this....

        Loading editor
    • DarkSideoftheRainbow wrote:
      I saw Malachite as powerful narrative on abusive relationships, honestly. And, nowadays more than ever (sadly), younglings (not limited to but especially young ladies) definitely need to be educated about this....

      Even though the gemology represents the opposite. And if any person really wants to be educated on this then they should watch the Courage episode The Mask (Well mostly the scenes with Bunny and Mad Dog) cause the characters I mentioned are actually a couple in a abusive relationship, while Lapis and Jasper are two people who became arch enemies.

        Loading editor
    • Nearhza wrote:
      Kaizo Nochi wrote:
      Nearhza wrote:
      Kaizo Nochi wrote:
      Nearhza wrote:
      It was an Arc. Malachite was a looming threat, coupled with the Cluster, and peridot's redemption. It's an arc, but no one's calling it just the malachite arc. It encompasses several issues, that were resolved when Malachite and the Cluster were dealt with. So you can call it the Cluster Arc, the Malachite Arc, or the Peridot arc, and would be somewhat wrong in all cases. Arcs don't have to be about solely one central thing. 
      Regarding the last sentence in your response, if an arc doesn't have to be about solely one thing then why is every episode after Chille Tid focus primarily on finding Peridot or just Peridot especially by that time Lapis already lost her individuality.
      You really think The Week of Sardonyx was primarily about Peridot? It was about Pearl and Garnet. At that point, Peridot was more a plot device than a central issue. It isn't until eight episodes after Chille Tid, Catch and Release specifically, that Peridot becomes a central point. 

      Cry for Help was  about Peridot in a way, but Key Stone Motel didn't even mention Peridot, nor did Onion Friend (I don't think), and not in Historical Friction either. Peridot really only came back in Friend Ship, and again...she was more a plot device for Sardonyx's relationship than anything else. Peridot isn't mentioned in Nightmare Hospital or Sadie's Song either. Again, Peridot was still an important part of the story, as a looming threat, but not the central issue. Every episode was not primarily focused on Peridot for some time. 

      But still they still put their focus on Peridot while Malachite gets only one mention after Chille Tid and never had any major appearances since. Still I have to give you credit for you being level headed when dealing with other people.
      Well, sure. I'll give you that, but Malachite was still a threat to be mindful of. I think because it's a kids show, they can't be constantly dealing with extistential crises 24/7. They mixed in a lot of emotional episodes, goofy episodes, etc to keep it fresh. 

      And yeah, this is a discussion forum. We're all just exchanging ideas. No reason to get heated or anything :)

      I am aware of that but they could at least give Malachite some episodes focusing on her to balance it out especially since Peridot is not really a threat even with her Limb Enhancers.

      Exactly, there is no reason for bad blood.

        Loading editor
    • Kaizo Nochi wrote:

      Even though the gemology represents the opposite. And if any person really wants to be educated on this then they should watch the Courage episode The Mask (Well mostly the scenes with Bunny and Mad Dog) cause the characters I mentioned are actually a couple in a abusive relationship, while Lapis and Jasper are two people who became arch enemies.

      I didn't understand the first part...? Gemology what now...?


      I do remember that episode. And I also agree with that couple being a prime example-


      BUT abusive relationships are not cut-and-dry, one size fits all. They can often look perfect from the outside. (Stronger was the word Jasper liked to use.) Lapis and Jasper were just bad for each other. Jasper was so insecure that she both emotionally manipulated and physically tracked down Lapis. But Lapis was the one who trapped her in the first place, because she "Liked to take everything out on her(Jasper)". So Lapis enjoyed playing the victim. It was bad for both of them. A Dependent and a Co-Dependent. It takes two to tango, as the saying goes.
      And I really just can't see Jasper and Lapis as "Arch enemies", Lapis is pretty neutral and down on everything. They never even really fought, just held each other back....


      @ Everyone else on this thread- This is a REALLY GREAT thread, honestly. Both sides giving a good pitch- with supporting reasons- whilst still respecting the other sides' opinions.

        Loading editor
    • DarkSideoftheRainbow wrote:

      Kaizo Nochi wrote:

      Even though the gemology represents the opposite. And if any person really wants to be educated on this then they should watch the Courage episode The Mask (Well mostly the scenes with Bunny and Mad Dog) cause the characters I mentioned are actually a couple in a abusive relationship, while Lapis and Jasper are two people who became arch enemies.

      I didn't understand the first part...? Gemology what now...?


      I do remember that episode. And I also agree with that couple being a prime example-


      BUT abusive relationships are not cut-and-dry, one size fits all. They can often look perfect from the outside. (Stronger was the word Jasper liked to use.) Lapis and Jasper were just bad for each other. Jasper was so insecure that she both emotionally manipulated and physically tracked down Lapis. But Lapis was the one who trapped her in the first place, because she "Liked to take everything out on her(Jasper)". So Lapis enjoyed playing the victim. It was bad for both of them. A Dependent and a Co-Dependent. It takes two to tango, as the saying goes.
      And I really just can't see Jasper and Lapis as "Arch enemies", Lapis is pretty neutral and down on everything. They never even really fought, just held each other back....


      @ Everyone else on this thread- This is a REALLY GREAT thread, honestly. Both sides giving a good pitch- with supporting reasons- whilst still respecting the other sides' opinions.

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemology

      Me too. It works because they are romantically involved while Lapis and Jasper were not. Lapis was Jasper's hostage who was force to work with her as hers' and Peridot's informant under her prison sentence when Lapis returned to Homeworld.

      Obviously they were bad for each other because Lapis never wanted to be involve in the conflict between the Crystal Gems and all of Homeworld while Jasper wanted too. Though by Jasper's next appearance she drops all that and goes back to taking down the Crystal Gems. But I do, since eventually they fought when they fused and Lapis defeats her in Alone at Sea where, before the ending, she visibly started seeing Jasper as such and the reason they held each other back is because and as I started before Lapis was a hostage to Jasper and never wanted to get involve in Homeworld's conflict with the Crystal Gems.

      Thank you for those words, I really appreciate it.

        Loading editor
    • Kaizo Nochi wrote:

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemology

      Me too. It works because they are romantically involved while Lapis and Jasper were not. Lapis was Jasper's hostage who was force to work with her as hers' and Peridot's informant under her prison sentence when Lapis returned to Homeworld.

      Obviously they were bad for each other because Lapis never wanted to be involve in the conflict between the Crystal Gems and all of Homeworld while Jasper wanted too. Though by Jasper's next appearance she drops all that and goes back to taking down the Crystal Gems. But I do, since eventually they fought when they fused and Lapis defeats her in Alone at Sea where, before the ending, she visibly started seeing Jasper as such and the reason they held each other back is because and as I started before Lapis was a hostage to Jasper and never wanted to get involve in Homeworld's conflict with the Crystal Gems.

      Thank you for those words, I really appreciate it.

      I know what Gemology is, I just have no idea how you were using it in your argument earlier. How does it represent the opposite?

        Loading editor
    • DarkSideoftheRainbow wrote:

      Kaizo Nochi wrote:

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemology

      Me too. It works because they are romantically involved while Lapis and Jasper were not. Lapis was Jasper's hostage who was force to work with her as hers' and Peridot's informant under her prison sentence when Lapis returned to Homeworld.

      Obviously they were bad for each other because Lapis never wanted to be involve in the conflict between the Crystal Gems and all of Homeworld while Jasper wanted too. Though by Jasper's next appearance she drops all that and goes back to taking down the Crystal Gems. But I do, since eventually they fought when they fused and Lapis defeats her in Alone at Sea where, before the ending, she visibly started seeing Jasper as such and the reason they held each other back is because and as I started before Lapis was a hostage to Jasper and never wanted to get involve in Homeworld's conflict with the Crystal Gems.

      Thank you for those words, I really appreciate it.

      I know what Gemology is, I just have no idea how you were using it in your argument earlier. How does it represent the opposite?

      Oh. OK. Real life malachite gems described in the spiritual sense of gemology is that it represents successful partnerships and peaceful bonding.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.