FANDOM


  • The first and most obvious thing is the fact there has been no renewal of the show in over a year, normally if a show is going to be renewed for a new season it is announed before a new season airs, however there is literally no word of steven univese season 6 as of now.

    The second reason is the lack of episodes that aired in 2017, if Steven Universe wasn't ending with season 5, then there would be a plentiful amount of episodes like there was in 2016, however instead they are airing less because they are trying to stretch out the season as long as possible since there are only 22 episodes left in season 5. 

    The third reason is where exactly could they go after season 5, I mean we've now been to homeworld, we will find out who killed pink diamond, and probably this season will also resolve any other uncompleted story arcs such as corruption.

      Loading editor
    • They're still recording eps so there's more than five seasons. The Trial was in production late 2015 so they've finished all of Season Five already

        Loading editor
    • If this was the end they would've tweeted about their end of production party by now

        Loading editor
    • Steven Bomb 17 wrote:
      If this was the end they would've tweeted about their end of production party by now

      Most of the creators don't tweet about this so we will never know if Season 5 is the end or not. 

        Loading editor
    • StrikeGaming7 wrote:
      Steven Bomb 17 wrote:
      If this was the end they would've tweeted about their end of production party by now
      Most of the creators don't tweet about this so we will never know if Season 5 is the end or not. 

      Most do from what I've seen, they'd at least announce that their show is ending

        Loading editor
    • I don't see the reason why we'd need a season 6 anyways.

        Loading editor
    • I need more music, more character arcs, more gems


      I'd like to see and Onyx

        Loading editor
    • SuperTEMPEST42 wrote:
      I don't see the reason why we'd need a season 6 anyways.

      some unresolved stuff, i'm here for Centi :'v

        Loading editor
    • Radioactivity1659 wrote:
      I need more music, more character arcs, more gems


      I'd like to see and Onyx

      heck

        Loading editor
    • We should start a hashtag. #ArcForCenti

        Loading editor
    • Jolmev wrote:
      SuperTEMPEST42 wrote:
      I don't see the reason why we'd need a season 6 anyways.
      some unresolved stuff, i'm here for Centi :'v

      Wouldn't we get most of that stuff in shorts and episodes in season 5? :/ (hopefully....most likley)

        Loading editor
    • SuperTEMPEST42 wrote:
      Jolmev wrote:
      SuperTEMPEST42 wrote:
      I don't see the reason why we'd need a season 6 anyways.
      some unresolved stuff, i'm here for Centi :'v
      Wouldn't we get most of that stuff in shorts and episodes in season 5? :/ (hopefully....most likley)

      i remember saying in another thread that they can rush cluster, uncorruption and Bismuth's return in a single arc if some cluster gems manage to enter to the burning room, for some reason release the corrupted gems (that appear in their tamed form due to being scared) and traumatize Bismuth (by seeing what homeworld do with shards and why it isn't the solution)

      but we are in "PD is dead" arc right now, Jasper's uncorruption is likely being part of it

      Pearl mentioned a dropship, i hope for Centi!

        Loading editor
    • -Pearl's backstory

      -The confirmed reappearence of Rainbow 2.0

      -Jasper

      -Centi

      -Bismuth

      -The backstory of the Off-Colors

      -Stuff we don't know about the war

      -Biggs, Crazy Lace and Snowflake

      -Lars

      -White Diamond


      It would be extremamly rushed to do this all in 20 episodes

        Loading editor
    • Don't forget the rest of the corrupted gems and the cluster

      PD's backstory and PD's court (kinda part of stuff we don't know about the war but yeah)

        Loading editor
    • If we can't have season 6 can they cheat and do a 52 episode season 5, like the first one?

        Loading editor
    • Delivers wrote:
      If we can't have season 6 can they cheat and do a 52 episode season 5, like the first one?

      No, CN split the remaining seasons up. Season 2 and 3 would've been season 2, season 4 and five would've been season 3. I doubt they'd go back to the previous format

        Loading editor
    • Delivers wrote:
      If we can't have season 6 can they cheat and do a 52 episode season 5, like the first one?

      Yeah can't they?

        Loading editor
    • SuperTEMPEST42 wrote:
      Delivers wrote:
      If we can't have season 6 can they cheat and do a 52 episode season 5, like the first one?
      Yeah can't they?

      Nope

        Loading editor
    • Jolmev wrote:
      SuperTEMPEST42 wrote:
      I don't see the reason why we'd need a season 6 anyways.
      some unresolved stuff, i'm here for Centi :'v

      Same.

        Loading editor
    • Can they pull a "Legend of Korra" and have the last seasons off TV and online?

        Loading editor
    • There's still a ton we don't know like the origin of the gems; the corruption bomb; Rose; pearl; homeworld as a whole; the roles of certain gems; how gems joined the cg; what happened during the war; etc.

      I kinda agree with the roundtable. There must be at least another season, two or three at the most. A lot of the writers worked for regular show and adventure time which had stories but were extended past the point the writers chose, so they might know how to stretch the story. I do agree that a lot of shows things are rushed when it comes to finales like samurai jack how I met your Mother and vampire diaries just to name a few since the finales seemed like they could've been longer or an episode or two more vampire diaries especially And since the show has an anime feel animes tend not to be so rushed. With su the cluster finale was rushed. It should've been one episode they fight malachite next they drill down and see what the cluster looks like or start fighting it and Steven gets into the mind of it and next episode he's in the mind of the gen and bubbles it. I digress as I wouldn't want that for the finale.

        Loading editor
    • Sookey5 wrote:
      There's still a ton we don't know like the origin of the gems; the corruption bomb; Rose; pearl; homeworld as a whole; the roles of certain gems; how gems joined the cg; what happened during the war; etc.

      I kinda agree with the roundtable. There must be at least another season, two or three at the most. A lot of the writers worked for regular show and adventure time which had stories but were extended past the point the writers chose, so they might know how to stretch the story. I do agree that a lot of shows things are rushed when it comes to finales like samurai jack how I met your Mother and vampire diaries just to name a few since the finales seemed like they could've been longer or an episode or two more vampire diaries especially And since the show has an anime feel animes tend not to be so rushed. With su the cluster finale was rushed. It should've been one episode they fight malachite next they drill down and see what the cluster looks like or start fighting it and Steven gets into the mind of it and next episode he's in the mind of the gen and bubbles it. I digress as I wouldn't want that for the finale.

      Or they can explain it in books or confirm it themselves. Or put it in comical form for us to understand.

        Loading editor
    • SuperTEMPEST42 wrote:
      Sookey5 wrote:
      There's still a ton we don't know like the origin of the gems; the corruption bomb; Rose; pearl; homeworld as a whole; the roles of certain gems; how gems joined the cg; what happened during the war; etc.

      I kinda agree with the roundtable. There must be at least another season, two or three at the most. A lot of the writers worked for regular show and adventure time which had stories but were extended past the point the writers chose, so they might know how to stretch the story. I do agree that a lot of shows things are rushed when it comes to finales like samurai jack how I met your Mother and vampire diaries just to name a few since the finales seemed like they could've been longer or an episode or two more vampire diaries especially And since the show has an anime feel animes tend not to be so rushed. With su the cluster finale was rushed. It should've been one episode they fight malachite next they drill down and see what the cluster looks like or start fighting it and Steven gets into the mind of it and next episode he's in the mind of the gen and bubbles it. I digress as I wouldn't want that for the finale.

      Or they can explain it in books or confirm it themselves. Or put it in comical form for us to understand.

      They could make 1st level cannon comics for this

      They would never arrive to masterrace places like Colombia but they would be enjoyable :3

        Loading editor
    • Jolmev wrote:
      SuperTEMPEST42 wrote:
      Sookey5 wrote:
      There's still a ton we don't know like the origin of the gems; the corruption bomb; Rose; pearl; homeworld as a whole; the roles of certain gems; how gems joined the cg; what happened during the war; etc.

      I kinda agree with the roundtable. There must be at least another season, two or three at the most. A lot of the writers worked for regular show and adventure time which had stories but were extended past the point the writers chose, so they might know how to stretch the story. I do agree that a lot of shows things are rushed when it comes to finales like samurai jack how I met your Mother and vampire diaries just to name a few since the finales seemed like they could've been longer or an episode or two more vampire diaries especially And since the show has an anime feel animes tend not to be so rushed. With su the cluster finale was rushed. It should've been one episode they fight malachite next they drill down and see what the cluster looks like or start fighting it and Steven gets into the mind of it and next episode he's in the mind of the gen and bubbles it. I digress as I wouldn't want that for the finale.

      Or they can explain it in books or confirm it themselves. Or put it in comical form for us to understand.
      They could make 1st level cannon comics for this

      They would never arrive to masterrace places like Colombia but they would be enjoyable :3

      If that's the case then we might not even need a season 6...but I still put my hopes up for it! (Putting my hopes up for season 6 to be specific)

        Loading editor
    • I want a Season 6 cause IDRK if my mom would let me buy comics

        Loading editor
    • It wouldn't EVEN be 22 episodes because some of those are Beach City Episodes....

      If Season 5 were the end, then the best case scenario? The story stops dead for a couple episodes so Garnet, Pearl, and whoever else can just plot dump the stuff we don't know, Jasper gets uncorrupted and does a heel-face turn right away, Bismuth forgets about how she wanted to shatter gems and just becomes buddy-buddy with everyone, The Uncorrupted Gems all appear and are name-dropped and get one line (Like Carnelian, but worse), The Cluster is either freed or destroyed without any consequences, Lars and the Off-Colors die or something so we don't have to deal with them, Lapis just doesn't come back, and White Diamond shows up and declares war on the Earth, and the Gems beat her right away.

      At Least Garbonzo, Soup, and Pinto get their time in the limelight, though!

      If we want keep a story in this scenario, we need to hyperfocus on the Lars and Pink Diamond plots, sprinkle in a bit of Pearl if possible, and not address any other hanging plot threads (Essentially, Weirdmageddon, but worse in this regard). Season 5 isn't the end. If it is, it'll be a letdown.

        Loading editor
    • Jolmev wrote:
      SuperTEMPEST42 wrote: Or they can explain it in books or confirm it themselves. Or put it in comical form for us to understand.
      They could make 1st level cannon comics for this

      I really hope it dosen't come to that, or if it does I'd rather want comics to explain on the more minor plot points. Is it fair to say a series shouldn't need suplimentery matriel to be completly apprechiated

      It basically feels like - 

      Garnet Steven... You did a good job trying to tame the Centipeetle. Your mother would be so proud.
      Steven She would?
      Garnet The truth is, Rose Quartz had tried to use her powers to save these monsters too, but she was never able to heal them.
      Steven Never? But if she couldn't do it...
      Pearl Who knows? Maybe when you have better control of your powers, you might help them in ways even your mother couldn't.
      Garnet Even this one.
      * Find out how Steven heals the corrupted gems on the new issue of Steven Universe
        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.