FANDOM


  • As we know... The Diamonds are like a "family" ("family" as in a "mother" and "three daughters", one who "died" (but I'll get into who's the "mother" and who are the "three daughters" in the thread))....

    That Will Be All 121

    Just how siblings and families care about each other, Yellow Diamond loves and cares about her "little sister", Blue Diamond and will do anything to make her feel better, even if means singing to her.










    Yellow Diamond, Blue Diamond, and Pink Diamond are like "sisters". Yep, judging by what we've seen so far (as in by the way they behave), Yellow Diamond is the "oldest daughter" and "oldest sister", Blue Diamond's the "middle daughter" and "middle sister", and Pink Diamond was the "youngest daughter" and "youngest sister" and was the "baby of the family". Yes, we can Yellow's the "oldest daughter" because her dynamic with Blue Diamond, it's just like an older sister interacting with her younger sister. She's one who acts the most mature of them all and does her best to keep her "little sister", Blue Diamond in check. Blue Diamond is the "middle daughter" because obviously she's older than Pink Diamond but younger than Yellow Diamond and the way she said "Why can't you just let me grieve?" is kind of like how a child wants to keep up with what they're doing even though others say otherwise and now that Pink Diamond is "dead", Blue Diamond is basically the "little sister" again. And Pink Diamond's obvious, before the Rebellion, she was acting like a spoiled child and then a little before the Rebellion, she started acting like a teenager who doesn't want to do the things her "family" wanted her to do, so, she's obviously the youngest.



    Like sisters, they fight and argue with each other sometimes.

    The Trial 228







    But, obviously, like all other siblings after their fights and arguements, they make up and are cool with each other again.


    And now that Yellow Diamond and Blue Diamond learned the truth, they learned that they actually have a "nephew", Steven and are "aunts".

    And they seem to love their "little nephew"!

    Aunt Blue Diamond and Steven






    Blue Diamond hugs steven



    Aunt Yellow Diamond and Steven 002
















    And last but not least, I'm going to say that White Diamond will be the "mother" and Yellow, Blue, and Pink are her "daughters". Yep, I think once we see her she'll act like the "Diamond mother" but obviously she'll be the "mother" of two adults (the Diamonds are obviously fully matured and are adults by gem standards, well, really old adults, assuming that Yellow and Blue are millions or billions of years old. I really think they're the oldest gems on the show). So, they'll act like how adults act around their parents when they show WD if I'm right.

    Then, that means WD will be Steven's "grandmother" and I can see her being a not very affectionate "grandma" but will still manage to give her "grandson", Steven a kiss. And since it's possible that WD might be blind, she may not be able to see her "grandson".

    Anyway, I just wanted to talk about how the Diamonds are like a "family". And they're an adorable family, a "mother" and "three daughters" (one who is "dead), who are also a "grandmother" and "two aunts" to Steven, who is WD's "grandson" and BD and YD's "nephew".

      Loading editor
    • That's an interesting take on White and Steven's relationship...I like that idea a lot!

      Garnet Thumbs up
        Loading editor
    • Although the relationships among the Diamonds we've met so far have a very familial and loving feel, I think it's a mistake to assume that, because Yellow, Blue and Pink behave like sisters, White will necessarily act in a loving maternal fashion. I do think she's their maker, but I think she made them to serve a purpose, namely, to help her rule her empire, and I think she'll be a controlling, manipulative and cold sort of "mother" and not a loving one. I also think White will deeply disapprove of Steven's existence, because a Gem-Organic hybrid has no place in the caste system she built her empire around. I believe it is near-certain that the whole oppressive order of Homeworld was built by White Diamond's deliberate design.

      Yellow and Blue seem to have spent thousands of years trying to get Pink to fit into her assigned role as a Diamond, and they not only failed, they lost their little sister and paid for their mistakes with 5000 years of heartbreak. After that horrible experience, I think they'll be sufficiently softened up to accept Steven even if they have a hard time understanding why his mother made him. I also get the sense that they act as tyrants not because they like it but because they think it is what they are supposed to do; I think Steven will help them realize that they are actually victims of the system too. Once they realize that their assigned roles are toxic to their family, I think they will flip over and become Crystal Gems (though I expect this process will take a while and there will be lots of drama in the interim).

      I think White, on the other hand, isn't going to be like that. She created them for a purpose, and she expects them to fill it, and she regards their happiness as irrelevant. I don't know how it'll end; maybe she'll see the error of her ways and relent once her whole empire has fallen apart, or maybe she'll fight to be bitter end and have to be taken down in a climactic final battle. But I highly doubt she'll be a good person or a non-antagonist. She'll have at some sympathetic angle on her personality; this series, after all, never gives us an antagonist who's 100% evil; but I think she'll be the worst and most formidable foe our heroes have ever faced.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think so.

        Loading editor
    • It seems, after watching the new episode, that White Diamond could be the gems' ideal of perfection, essentially a soulless husk with no emotional problems or rebellious thought.

        Loading editor
    • I've came up with a new Headcanon,what if Yellow,Blue and White were Pink Diamond's aunts,consequently being Steven's aunt grandmas?

        Loading editor
    • I like this theory.

        Loading editor
    • Allaedila wrote: Although the relationships among the Diamonds we've met so far have a very familial and loving feel, I think it's a mistake to assume that, because Yellow, Blue and Pink behave like sisters, White will necessarily act in a loving maternal fashion. I do think she's their maker, but I think she made them to serve a purpose, namely, to help her rule her empire, and I think she'll be a controlling, manipulative and cold sort of "mother" and not a loving one. I also think White will deeply disapprove of Steven's existence, because a Gem-Organic hybrid has no place in the caste system she built her empire around. I believe it is near-certain that the whole oppressive order of Homeworld was built by White Diamond's deliberate design.

      Yellow and Blue seem to have spent thousands of years trying to get Pink to fit into her assigned role as a Diamond, and they not only failed, they lost their little sister and paid for their mistakes with 5000 years of heartbreak. After that horrible experience, I think they'll be sufficiently softened up to accept Steven even if they have a hard time understanding why his mother made him. I also get the sense that they act as tyrants not because they like it but because they think it is what they are supposed to do; I think Steven will help them realize that they are actually victims of the system too. Once they realize that their assigned roles are toxic to their family, I think they will flip over and become Crystal Gems (though I expect this process will take a while and there will be lots of drama in the interim).

      I think White, on the other hand, isn't going to be like that. She created them for a purpose, and she expects them to fill it, and she regards their happiness as irrelevant. I don't know how it'll end; maybe she'll see the error of her ways and relent once her whole empire has fallen apart, or maybe she'll fight to be bitter end and have to be taken down in a climactic final battle. But I highly doubt she'll be a good person or a non-antagonist. She'll have at some sympathetic angle on her personality; this series, after all, never gives us an antagonist who's 100% evil; but I think she'll be the worst and most formidable foe our heroes have ever faced.

      I Honestly Can't See Them Shattering Or Even Poofing White, Because Of The Fact That They Need Her. Unless Steven Can Somehow Absorb The Abilities Of Other Gems, I Don't See Them Getting Rid Of White In Any Way.

        Loading editor
    • yo, uh, You Don't Need To Capitalize The Beginning Of Every Word It Looks Weird.

        Loading editor
    • Bob1200 wrote:

      I Honestly Can't See Them Shattering Or Even Poofing White, Because Of The Fact That They Need Her. Unless Steven Can Somehow Absorb The Abilities Of Other Gems, I Don't See Them Getting Rid Of White In Any Way.

      As of the current time, they *think* they need her, but do they actually? That remains to be seen. Maybe they will eventually decide they DON'T need her, indeed would be better off without her, and turn against her together.

        Loading editor
    • A redemption of the diamonds would be pretty cheesy, so it's likely if the series ends, the Diamonds will be on this "middle-ground" where they aren't entirely against the Gems but they aren't with them either.

        Loading editor
    • Frisbeeboy wrote:
      A redemption of the diamonds would be pretty cheesy, so it's likely if the series ends, the Diamonds will be on this "middle-ground" where they aren't entirely against the Gems but they aren't with them either.

      It certainly could be very cheesy if done poorly, but I can see it being done in a believable and natural-feeling fashion. I can also see them reaching a compromise of sorts, making Homeworld's order less oppressive and brutal without overturning it entirely.

        Loading editor
    • Allaedila wrote:
      Frisbeeboy wrote:
      A redemption of the diamonds would be pretty cheesy, so it's likely if the series ends, the Diamonds will be on this "middle-ground" where they aren't entirely against the Gems but they aren't with them either.
      It certainly could be very cheesy if done poorly, but I can see it being done in a believable and natural-feeling fashion. I can also see them reaching a compromise of sorts, making Homeworld's order less oppressive and brutal without overturning it entirely.

      Maybe the whole problem starts with constantly calling it "redemption". Blue and Yellow already stopped being enemies and are now kind of Steven's family. I think the show isn't about defeating enemies and monster, but solving problems with truth and that's not neccesarily the same as being nice.

      If we are talking about redemption. Who is going to be the judge on that? We? People said that about Lapis a lot:"She stole the ocean and that's the worst thing you can do." There might be a time when Steven confronts WD and she might refuse to hear him. Then Yellow and Blue will have to decide to support him or not.

      I just realized that the Diamonds are now kinda Greg in-laws.

        Loading editor
    • I always thought of Yellow and Blue as Pinks "parents" whilst White is her Grandma. But the three sisters thing could work too.

        Loading editor
    • I like this theory I'm like 50% sure that pink said yellow and blue are her sister BUT my memory is kinda foggy

        Loading editor
    • DarkKnight0567 wrote:
      I like this theory I'm like 50% sure that pink said yellow and blue are her sister BUT my memory is kinda foggy

      I'm quite sure none of the Diamonds have ever used that word in-series. The concept of family as we know it is alien to gems; "sister" is as unknown to them as "mom" and "dad". Human families, after all, are created by sexual reproduction and family relationships are delineated by who procreated with whom to produce whom, and gems don't reproduce sexually. However, there are some relationships among gems that are analogous to human family relationships. Like-type gems produced in the same kindergarten, and especially the same batch, seem to share a sister-like bond. The only gems who use human family terminology to refer to other gems are Steven and Amethyst, both of whom have spent their whole existence on Earth. We, as humans, recognize Yellow and Blue Diamond as having a sister-like relationship and the members of the Diamond Authority sharing family-like ties, but I'm sure they'd use different words to describe their bond.

        Loading editor
    • Still,anything confirmed,it is just your THEORY.

        Loading editor
    • GodOfCartoons wrote: Still,anything confirmed,it is just your THEORY.

      Yeah, people are allowed to theorise lmao nothing here is set in stone

        Loading editor
    • I don't think family is a good word to use. I mean Blue and Yellow are the same Gem cut, and the same heirachy level so it makes sence that they act friendly and compasionate towards each other.

      Their relationship with pink is not the same, in some ways they see her as incapible. 

      White Diamond deffinately won't be anything like a Mother or Grandmother. The way the gems, and even the diamonds spoke about her shows that she is cruel and possibly physcotic.  I also don't think she knows that Steven is a hybrid, just as how as soon as Yellow and Blue found out that it was Pink Diamonds gem they couldn't comprehend how Steven was different. This being said, when she does find out - I'm not sure how she will react. I mean a Gem-Human hybrid pretty much goes agaist everything she supposedly stands for, she will probably see it more as the organic matter around pink diamond is trapping her from coming out.

        Loading editor
    • Markipanda wrote:
      I don't think family is a good word to use. I mean Blue and Yellow are the same Gem cut, and the same heirachy level so it makes sence that they act friendly and compasionate towards each other.

      Their relationship with pink is not the same, in some ways they see her as incapible. 

      White Diamond deffinately won't be anything like a Mother or Grandmother. The way the gems, and even the diamonds spoke about her shows that she is cruel and possibly physcotic.  I also don't think she knows that Steven is a hybrid, just as how as soon as Yellow and Blue found out that it was Pink Diamonds gem they couldn't comprehend how Steven was different. This being said, when she does find out - I'm not sure how she will react. I mean a Gem-Human hybrid pretty much goes agaist everything she supposedly stands for, she will probably see it more as the organic matter around pink diamond is trapping her from coming out.

      Good theory.

        Loading editor
    • Markipanda wrote: White Diamond deffinately won't be anything like a Mother or Grandmother. The way the gems, and even the diamonds spoke about her shows that she is cruel and possibly physcotic.  I also don't think she knows that Steven is a hybrid, just as how as soon as Yellow and Blue found out that it was Pink Diamonds gem they couldn't comprehend how Steven was different. This being said, when she does find out - I'm not sure how she will react. I mean a Gem-Human hybrid pretty much goes agaist everything she supposedly stands for, she will probably see it more as the organic matter around pink diamond is trapping her from coming out.

      I think so too. In his brief summary of his mother's history since she faked her death, Steven didn't actually say in clear terms that he was half-human. I don't think Yellow and Blue have even begun to properly understand what Steven is - they think he's essentially Pink in a weird form with amnesia.

      Remember how, in "Three Gems and a Baby" Pearl said "we can all see her. She's right there! She just can't reform because she's got this... baby... around her" and then momentarily sought to remove her gem before remembering how badly Rose had wanted Steven? I think it's only a matter of time before the Diamonds make the same conclusion and try to "rescue" Pink from Steven's body. They never understood Pink as well as Pearl did, and never had anything close to that level of respect for her wishes, after all.

        Loading editor
    • Allaedila wrote:
      Markipanda wrote: White Diamond deffinately won't be anything like a Mother or Grandmother. The way the gems, and even the diamonds spoke about her shows that she is cruel and possibly physcotic.  I also don't think she knows that Steven is a hybrid, just as how as soon as Yellow and Blue found out that it was Pink Diamonds gem they couldn't comprehend how Steven was different. This being said, when she does find out - I'm not sure how she will react. I mean a Gem-Human hybrid pretty much goes agaist everything she supposedly stands for, she will probably see it more as the organic matter around pink diamond is trapping her from coming out.
      I think so too. In his brief summary of his mother's history since she faked her death, Steven didn't actually say in clear terms that he was half-human. I don't think Yellow and Blue have even begun to properly understand what Steven is - they think he's essentially Pink in a weird form with amnesia.

      Remember how, in "Three Gems and a Baby" Pearl said "we can all see her. She's right there! She just can't reform because she's got this... baby... around her" and then momentarily sought to remove her gem before remembering how badly Rose had wanted Steven? I think it's only a matter of time before the Diamonds make the same conclusion and try to "rescue" Pink from Steven's body. They never understood Pink as well as Pearl did, and never had anything close to that level of respect for her wishes, after all.

      Yep, exactly this. I also think the Diamond's won't want to understand. You quickly saw how understanding they became when they think they are talking to Pink with lost memories. When they learn that steven is a hybrid (obviously something difficult for them to grasp) I can see the whole dynamic collapsing,

        Loading editor
    • Wow, this theory really intrigues me. I can tell you put a lot of effort into discussing the type of relationship between the Diamonds and Steven. Good job!

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.