FANDOM


  • Does anyone have an opinion about the show that isn't that popular amongst fans? I'd love to hear more about it! Discuss your unpopular opinions about the show here.

    (you can talk about things wrong with the show but please don't go full on bashing the show. and try not to bring politics here also. Thank you)

      Loading editor
    • I dont really have one but this is actually a really good idea


      Edit: I mean, them censoring russia was funny but idk if that counts lol

        Loading editor
    • my unpopular opinion is that lapis is overrated and a poorly developed character. she has hurt so many people (like leaving peridot, leaving steven twice, breaking greg's leg and attacking connie and the crystal gems early on, taking her anger out on jasper when they were malachite, etc) and while she has acknowledged these events sometimes, she never really apologized. i feel like people like her just because she's a qUiRkY dEpResSed gem lol

        Loading editor
    • AchiToki wrote:
      my unpopular opinion is that lapis is overrated and a poorly developed character.

      That's not an unpopular opinion hehe

        Loading editor
    • My unpopular opinion is that Steven himself is one of my favorite characters.

        Loading editor
    • My unpopular opinion: Steven's Birthday should have ended with older Steven as default. And the problems are not shapeshifting it's when you decide to grow up or be a kid forever. A maturity crisis!

      Think of you grow up but you still act like a kid would it be embarassing? Or can you even handle teen stuff when you are not ready?

        Loading editor
    • My unpopular opinion is that they should bring the Mystery Girl back. I understand that Pearl needed to solve things out with Rose, be independent for a while, but it would be cool if we got a look into how their relationship turned out.

      They don't even have to be together, they could be close friends ( but i wouldn't mind seeing them together ). It just feels like the whole crew forgot about her :((

        Loading editor
    • My unpopular opinion is that So Many Birthdays is overrated. It's not a bad episode, but I don't see what's so amazing about it that everyone puts it in their top 10 or 20.

        Loading editor
    • Esterwa wrote:
      My unpopular opinion is that they should bring the Mystery Girl back. I understand that Pearl needed to solve things out with Rose, be independent for a while, but it would be cool if we got a look into how their relationship turned out.

      They don't even have to be together, they could be close friends ( but i wouldn't mind seeing them together ). It just feels like the whole crew forgot about her :((

      That is DEFFINIITLY not an unpopulaur opinion, she is very underrated and she could be great in the story of the show, especially with the timeskip

        Loading editor
    • Thanosgem wrote:

      Esterwa wrote:
      My unpopular opinion is that they should bring the Mystery Girl back. I understand that Pearl needed to solve things out with Rose, be independent for a while, but it would be cool if we got a look into how their relationship turned out.

      They don't even have to be together, they could be close friends ( but i wouldn't mind seeing them together ). It just feels like the whole crew forgot about her :((

      That is DEFFINIITLY not an unpopulaur opinion, she is very underrated and she could be great in the story of the show, especially with the timeskip

      Oh I didn’t know people thought like that too. I’m glad I’m not the only one tho

        Loading editor
    • yeah, np

        Loading editor
    • I never really liked Jasper

        Loading editor
    • Also — everyone blame Jasper for the unhealthy and abusive relationship she developed with Lapis. And yes, she started it by bullying Lapis, but Lapis herself said that she liked taking everything out on Jasper. People tend to like Lapis more because she took the helping hand unlike Jasper. But to be honest - I don’t really like both of them. These characters are poorly developed, as AchiToki stated up there about Lapis

        Loading editor
    • Yeah

        Loading editor
    • I hate mystery girl, she is wayyyy overrated and seems really unnecessary. The only reason I can see why she was added in the first place was to show Pearl's love for Rose. I didn't like the episode she was in, and I hope she never returns.

      (Also I see people in this thread talking about how much they love mystery girl-)

        Loading editor
    • I never really cared for her

        Loading editor
    • Another one I have! I liked pilot style better. Although I know they changed it because it would be a lot harder to animate and stuff but it was really beautiful. The colors, the details — just amazing

        Loading editor
    • I think Sugilite is underrated. She is one of the best fusions according to me.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah

        Loading editor
    • I think the show is awesome and the movie is going to be even better

        Loading editor
    • How is that an unpopular opinion?

        Loading editor
    • IDK, I just want to put something on this

        Loading editor
    • XD XD XD

        Loading editor
    • I think White Diamond is hot.

      Take away the messed-up narcissism and sociopathic behaviour and she is really sexy. :)

        Loading editor
    • White disgusted

      What White would look like if she saw that.

        Loading editor
    • TalkingOddlySpooky wrote:
      White disgusted

      What White would look like like if she saw that.

      Yup...time to turn on the old Tabernac charm!! :)

        Loading editor
    • AchiToki wrote:
      my unpopular opinion is that lapis is overrated and a poorly developed character. she has hurt so many people (like leaving peridot, leaving steven twice, breaking greg's leg and attacking connie and the crystal gems early on, taking her anger out on jasper when they were malachite, etc) and while she has acknowledged these events sometimes, she never really apologized. i feel like people like her just because she's a qUiRkY dEpResSed gem lol

      Lapis was NOT taking her anger out on Jasper. Jasper was trying to harm Steven, who is Lapis' friend, and Lapis stopped her.

        Loading editor
    • Unpopular opinion: This thread is probably gonna be full of arguments soon

        Loading editor
    • AJDraws wrote:
      AchiToki wrote:
      my unpopular opinion is that lapis is overrated and a poorly developed character. she has hurt so many people (like leaving peridot, leaving steven twice, breaking greg's leg and attacking connie and the crystal gems early on, taking her anger out on jasper when they were malachite, etc) and while she has acknowledged these events sometimes, she never really apologized. i feel like people like her just because she's a qUiRkY dEpResSed gem lol
      Lapis was NOT taking her anger out on Jasper. Jasper was trying to harm Steven, who is Lapis' friend, and Lapis stopped her.

      I agree. In that episode when Steven visited Lapis in her mind (Chillie Tid), it was clear she was fused with Jasper because she cared about Steven. She literally tells him  "Just let me do this for you!" She didn't care much about the Crystal Gems, who she was justifiably angry at as they knew she was in the mirror for thousands of years...but they didn't try and free her. It was only Steven who actually talked to her, as the others thought of the mirror just as something that gives orders. She did warm up to the Gems, but it took some time. Additionally, her wariness of Peridot in Barnmates was also justified as she was interrogated by her. As for breaking Greg's leg and attacking Connie, I can understand her justification. She probably felt a bit apologetic about hurting Greg, although she didn't apologize on screen to him in Alone At Sea, and while she didn't even remember Connie, when she confronted her and Peridot in the bathroom in The New Crystal Gems, she did seem apologetic about what she did in stealing the ocean and all. As for leaving Peridot, that is heartbreaking but she felt that getting involved in another war wasn't worth her time, as she was poofed in the last war by Bismuth, and probably has some trauma from that experience. I mean, I don't think she should have left, but I also understand her rationale. So, I would have to side with Lapis on this one, while acknowledging that she has definitely done some horrible things, although she has grown from her first appearance in Ocean Gems.

        Loading editor
    • Esterwa wrote:

      Thanosgem wrote:

      Esterwa wrote:
      My unpopular opinion is that they should bring the Mystery Girl back. I understand that Pearl needed to solve things out with Rose, be independent for a while, but it would be cool if we got a look into how their relationship turned out.

      They don't even have to be together, they could be close friends ( but i wouldn't mind seeing them together ). It just feels like the whole crew forgot about her :((

      That is DEFFINIITLY not an unpopulaur opinion, she is very underrated and she could be great in the story of the show, especially with the timeskip

      Oh I didn’t know people thought like that too. I’m glad I’m not the only one tho

      I mean, there was a couple dubs of Steven Universe comics on YouTube where she comes back, but it would be interesting for her to come back in the show itself. Maybe it will happen in Season 6. We will see.

        Loading editor
    • Both Lapis and Jasper were toxic to each other. It was an unhealthy relationship, no one is 100% to blame

        Loading editor
    • Esterwa wrote:
      Both Lapis and Jasper were toxic to each other. It was an unhealthy relationship, no one is 100% to blame

      I mean, I agree with that, but I still tend sympathize with Lapis over Jasper. For all the things that Lapis did, Jasper was much more destructive, literally willing to kill all the Crystal Gems with that huge Gem warship shaped like a hand.

        Loading editor
    • Here's my unpopular opinion on Reunited: It was really bad. 😉

        Loading editor
    • Can I disagree with you peacefully and ask why do you think one the best episodes in my opinion was bad ?

        Loading editor
    • Applejack2307 wrote: Can I disagree with you peacefully and ask why do you think one the best episodes in my opinion was bad ?

      Ummm... Probably?

        Loading editor
    • Then do if you can, I want to know also.

        Loading editor
    • TalkingOddlySpooky wrote:
      Then do if you can, I want to know also.

      I think everyone would like to know.

        Loading editor
    • Weeell... It had this one "two killed Gems" incident that set me off badly. That made me hate the episode.

        Loading editor
    • Dark Boss 7 wrote:
      Weeell... It had this one "two killed Gems" incident that set me off badly. That made me hate the episode.

      They got better eventually.

      They even got a wardrobe upgrade.

      :)

        Loading editor
    • Dark Boss 7 wrote:

      Applejack2307 wrote: Can I disagree with you peacefully and ask why do you think one the best episodes in my opinion was bad ?

      Ummm... Probably?

      I really thought it was beautiful and important. Not only it contains Ruby and Sapphire's wedding, but it also marks the return of Lapis Lazuli and the Pink Diamond reveal to Yellow and Blue. This episode has such a huge impact on the series,that the following episodes would be so different and probably less intrusting without it.

        Loading editor
    • Applejack2307 wrote:
      Dark Boss 7 wrote:

      Applejack2307 wrote: Can I disagree with you peacefully and ask why do you think one the best episodes in my opinion was bad ?

      Ummm... Probably?
      I really thought it was beautiful and important. Not only it contains Ruby and Sapphire's wedding, but it also marks the return of Lapis Lazuli and the Pink Diamond reveal to Yellow and Blue. This episode has such a huge impact on the series,that the following episodes would be so different and probably less intrusting without it.

      It was the beginning of the climax of the entire series. All the parts were finally in place to bring about the final confrontation with Homeworld, the characters and their motivations were all set. No more doubts about loyalty or where they stand.

        Loading editor
    • Exactly !

        Loading editor
    • Yep

        Loading editor
    • Loved this image near the end. A true hero shot.
      Heroshot
        Loading editor
    • And the quote during it

        Loading editor
    • Yes, yes it is

        Loading editor
    • Me too ! All the Crystal Gems finally together !

        Loading editor
    • No so much unpopular as terrifying...

      Instead of Rose falling in love with Greg...she falls in love with...Kevin!

      Let that sink in for a moment.

      Wow...I scared myself. :D

        Loading editor
    • Tabernac wrote: No so much unpopular as terrifying...

      Instead of Rose falling in love with Greg...she falls in love with...Kevin!

      Let that sink in for a moment.

      Wow...I scared myself. :D

      I have no doubt that there is a FanFiction somewhere out there exploring this concept.

        Loading editor
    • stop lying

        Loading editor
    • Emperor helmet wrote:

      I have no doubt that there is a FanFiction somewhere out there exploring this concept.

      Ha!

      More like Horror-fiction.

        Loading editor
    • Dark Boss 7 wrote: Weeell... It had this one "two killed Gems" incident that set me off badly. That made me hate the episode.

      "Two killed Gems"?

        Loading editor
    • Mr. Lemmy 06 wrote:

      Dark Boss 7 wrote: Weeell... It had this one "two killed Gems" incident that set me off badly. That made me hate the episode.

      "Two killed Gems"?

      I think Dark Boss means Peridot and Lapis.

        Loading editor
    • Tabernac wrote:

      Mr. Lemmy 06 wrote:

      Dark Boss 7 wrote: Weeell... It had this one "two killed Gems" incident that set me off badly. That made me hate the episode.

      "Two killed Gems"?

      I think Dark Boss means Peridot and Lapis.

      Yeah... I WAS going to like the episode, but thanks to *ahem!* Giant Electro, I hated it because of that.

        Loading editor
    • Heh...Giant Electro. :D

        Loading editor
    • Tabernac wrote: Heh...Giant Electro. :D

      I believe he means Yellow Diamond.

        Loading editor
    • Mr. Lemmy 06 wrote:

      Tabernac wrote: Heh...Giant Electro. :D

      I believe he means Yellow Diamond.

      Yeah...funny! :D :D

        Loading editor
    • Heheh

        Loading editor
    • Emperor helmet wrote:

      Tabernac wrote: No so much unpopular as terrifying...

      Instead of Rose falling in love with Greg...she falls in love with...Kevin!

      Let that sink in for a moment.

      Wow...I scared myself. :D

      I have no doubt that there is a FanFiction somewhere out there exploring this concept.

      Probably in the darkest corners of Tumblr

        Loading editor
    • mhmm

        Loading editor
    • Not sure if this is unpopular...

      I was so happy when Connie got rid of the Uggs.

      Yikes.

      ):)
        Loading editor
    • Yeah, no, that isn't unpopular

        Loading editor
    • Dark Boss 7 wrote:

      Tabernac wrote:

      Mr. Lemmy 06 wrote:

      Dark Boss 7 wrote: Weeell... It had this one "two killed Gems" incident that set me off badly. That made me hate the episode.

      "Two killed Gems"?

      I think Dark Boss means Peridot and Lapis.

      Yeah... I WAS going to like the episode, but thanks to *ahem!* Giant Electro, I hated it because of that.

      Lapis and Peridot were POOFED

        Loading editor
    • Oh yeah, that's ANOTHER one of my unpopular(?) opinions. Like, the way they use that word is just absolutely ridiculous.

        Loading editor
    • Dark Boss 7 wrote:
      Oh yeah, that's ANOTHER one of my unpopular(?) opinions. Like, the way they use that word is just absolutely ridiculous.

      They're not killed though. When someone is killed they don't come back, the Gems are just knocked out. And only Steven has said that because he was a kid when Pearl was poofed and that's basically what happens. Gem gets hurt, a POOF sound is heard followed by some smoke, Gem is now gone.

        Loading editor
    • I'm already fearing of this discussion

        Loading editor
    • Why?

        Loading editor
    • Yeah most of the comments have been pretty light hearted.

        Loading editor
    • Tabernac wrote:
      Yeah most of the comments have been pretty light hearted.

      True, this isn't as bad as Tumblr were stating your opinion = death

        Loading editor
    • Ninjagofan2245 wrote:

      Dark Boss 7 wrote:

      Tabernac wrote:

      Mr. Lemmy 06 wrote:

      Dark Boss 7 wrote: Weeell... It had this one "two killed Gems" incident that set me off badly. That made me hate the episode.

      "Two killed Gems"?
      I think Dark Boss means Peridot and Lapis.
      Yeah... I WAS going to like the episode, but thanks to *ahem!* Giant Electro, I hated it because of that.
      Lapis and Peridot were POOFED

      Uh... Do you hate all episodes where Gems get poofed? If not, why this one specifically???

        Loading editor
    • Unpopular opinion: Yellow Pearl is best pearl.

        Loading editor
    • Meh

        Loading editor
    • Steven should fuse with more humans. This also kinda goes into my other unpopular opinions of "the boardie episodes aren't bad" and "Steven's human and Gem lives should be more connected".

        Loading editor
    • I agree. Some filler episodes can be good. 

        Loading editor
    • TalkingOddlySpooky wrote:
      I agree. Some filler episodes can be good. 

      Glad you think so. Though this reminds me of another unpopular opinion:

      There are no filler episodes in Steven Universe.

        Loading editor
    • How?

        Loading editor
    • Crossover Enthusiast wrote:

      Ninjagofan2245 wrote:

      Dark Boss 7 wrote:

      Tabernac wrote:

      Mr. Lemmy 06 wrote:

      Dark Boss 7 wrote: Weeell... It had this one "two killed Gems" incident that set me off badly. That made me hate the episode.

      "Two killed Gems"?
      I think Dark Boss means Peridot and Lapis.
      Yeah... I WAS going to like the episode, but thanks to *ahem!* Giant Electro, I hated it because of that.
      Lapis and Peridot were POOFED

      Uh... Do you hate all episodes where Gems get poofed? If not, why this one specifically???

      Well, to be honest, Reunited is one of the worst examples of that. For Peridot, I got a LITTLE upset. For Lapis, however, I was like "I'm done", meaning I just shut off my TV and sat in the corner... Trust me, i've been through a LOT of anger and depression last year, well ever since Raising the Barn aired (which is another episode that pissed me off). But still, that was like the WORST thing they came up with. What? Did you think I freaked out from that which would make you go "Dude why are you freaking out for? What? That means they're DEAD?"

        Loading editor
    • I think I ranted about Reunited too much...

        Loading editor
    • Nah, it's fine. It's your opinion

        Loading editor
    • Don't know if it's unpopular but after watching "Nightmare Hospital" I'm thinking that Connie's mom is like the worst Doctor ever.

      Srsly, woman you couldn't see they weren't human?! They had no heads and like 8 arms!!

      ) :)
        Loading editor
    • Tabernac wrote:
      Don't know if it's unpopular but after watching "Nightmare Hospital" I'm thinking that Connie's mom is like the worst Doctor ever.

      Srsly, woman you couldn't see they weren't human?! They had no heads and like 8 arms!!

      ) :)

      I am with you there 

        Loading editor
    • An unpopular opinion.

      I loved "Gem Harvest", it is one of my favourite episodes.

        Loading editor
    • It was good!

        Loading editor
    • TalkingOddlySpooky wrote: It was good!

      Glad you agree. I don't understand why people hate it so much.

        Loading editor
    • Because it was counted as "filler" and to make matters worse it was double lengthed.

        Loading editor
    • TalkingOddlySpooky wrote: Because it was counted as "filler" and too make matters worse it was double lengthed.

      No pleasing some people.

        Loading editor
    • LapisLazuliisthebest wrote:

      TalkingOddlySpooky wrote: Because it was counted as "filler" and too make matters worse it was double lengthed.

      No pleasing some people.

      Ikr

        Loading editor
    • This is going to be an unpopular opinion. I thought the movie was bad.

        Loading editor
    • To4oo4 wrote:
      This is going to be an unpopular opinion.

      I thought the movie was bad.

      R00d

        Loading editor
    • Crossover Enthusiast wrote:

      To4oo4 wrote:
      This is going to be an unpopular opinion.

      I thought the movie was bad.

      R00d

      It really isn't.

        Loading editor
    • To4oo4 wrote:

      Crossover Enthusiast wrote:

      To4oo4 wrote:
      This is going to be an unpopular opinion.

      I thought the movie was bad.

      R00d
      It really isn't.

      I thought the two zeros made it clear I was joking. My apologies.

        Loading editor
    • Crossover Enthusiast wrote:
      To4oo4 wrote:

      Crossover Enthusiast wrote:


      To4oo4 wrote:
      This is going to be an unpopular opinion.

      I thought the movie was bad.

      R00d
      It really isn't.
      I thought the two zeros made it clear I was joking. My apologies.

      Oh yeah...this forum needs emojis and bad!

      D :D :D  (these are big smiley faces)
        Loading editor
    • I find Steg really, really creepy.

      Srsly, its Steven and his Dad and the fact they fuzed into a sexy muscular Adonis doesn't help matters.

      D :D
        Loading editor
    • Tabernac wrote:
      I find Steg really, really creepy.

      Srsly, its Steven and his Dad and the fact they fuzed into a sexy muscular Adonis doesn't help matters.

      D :D

      I've seen that opinion around a lot, actually. Even I think he could do without the abs.

        Loading editor
    • Tabernac wrote:
      I find Steg really, really creepy.

      Srsly, its Steven and his Dad and the fact they fuzed into a sexy muscular Adonis doesn't help matters.

      D :D

      Says the one who called White Diamond sexy.

        Loading editor
    • XD XD XD

        Loading editor
    • TalkingOddlySpooky wrote:
      Tabernac wrote:
      I find Steg really, really creepy.

      Srsly, its Steven and his Dad and the fact they fuzed into a sexy muscular Adonis doesn't help matters.

      D :D
      Says the one who called White Diamond sexy.

      Well we're not related so I wouldn't mind 'fusing' with her. :D :D :D

        Loading editor
    • I actually preferred Peridot when she had her limb-enhancers.  Little Peridot is cute and all, but she's kind of a joke now (plus her limb enhancers made her unique, but now she's just another short Gem).  I prefer her previous form than her current one as well.

        Loading editor
    • I don't really like Sapphire because she reminds me too much of Elsa from Frozen.

        Loading editor
    • Mr. Lemmy 06 wrote:
      I don't really like Sapphire because she reminds me too much of Elsa from Frozen.

      I've never seen Frozen and have no interest in ever seeing it.

      Don't think it's an Unpopular SU opinion, but I think it's probably a unpopular opinion in general

      D :D :D :D
        Loading editor
    • Tabernac wrote:
      TalkingOddlySpooky wrote:
      Tabernac wrote:
      I find Steg really, really creepy.

      Srsly, its Steven and his Dad and the fact they fuzed into a sexy muscular Adonis doesn't help matters.

      D :D
      Says the one who called White Diamond sexy.
      Well we're not related so I wouldn't mind 'fusing' with her. :D :D :D

      Oh my gosh, save me.

        Loading editor
    • TalkingOddlySpooky wrote:
      Tabernac wrote:
      TalkingOddlySpooky wrote:
      Tabernac wrote:
      I find Steg really, really creepy.

      Srsly, its Steven and his Dad and the fact they fuzed into a sexy muscular Adonis doesn't help matters.

      D :D
      Says the one who called White Diamond sexy.
      Well we're not related so I wouldn't mind 'fusing' with her. :D :D :D
      Oh my gosh, save me.

      Heh, heh...I guess I've been on Twitter too long...all that weirdness is spilling out onto other sites. :D :D :D :D :D

        Loading editor
    • Tabernac wrote: I find Steg really, really creepy.

      Srsly, its Steven and his Dad and the fact they fuzed into a sexy muscular Adonis doesn't help matters.

      D :D
      I think Steg was a pretty unnecessary fusion.
        Loading editor
    • Dark Boss 7 wrote:

      Tabernac wrote: I find Steg really, really creepy.

      Srsly, its Steven and his Dad and the fact they fuzed into a sexy muscular Adonis doesn't help matters.

      D :D
      I think Steg was a pretty unnecessary fusion.

      I mean... you're not wrong. Steg's really cool, but they easily could've jogged Pearl's memory by making her think Greg died. Don't think we would've gotten an Opal song then, though.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.