|This article is about all Topazes. You may be looking for another Topaz.|
- Main article: Caste System#Topazes
When not in battle they serve as bodyguards for the Diamonds and other elite gems, guarding areas where they are present. They are also used on recovery missions as their large size allows them to trap captured targets inside their fusions. Topazes are among the few types of gem that are allowed to fuse, but this is only allowed for when it serves a purpose.
Topazes are very large muscular gems, standing taller than Quartzes. So far they have only been shown to come in the same shade of yellow. Despite being higher up in Homeworlds caste system, Topazes show no individuality between each other and remain silent while in the presence of other gems. All Topazes shown keep their hair in a flat-top buzz-cut style and wear an orange visor. They wear a slightly different uniform than other gems, with the diamond insignia collar being the same, but with a mahogany top underneath, and dark brown bottoms that cover their feet.
- Topaz - The fusion of two Topazes who were sent to Earth with Aquamarine, with the mission of retrieving humans for Pink Diamond's Zoo.
Yellow Diamond's bodyguards
Two Topazes appear multiple times serving as Yellow Diamond's bodyguards. The first is in "Familiar" where they are shown guarding Yellow Diamond's extraction chamber, and the second time is "Change Your Mind" where they are now guarding Yellow Diamond's bubble chamber.
Two Topazes appear, non-speaking, in a flashback in "Now We're Only Falling Apart" alongside Pearl, Rose Quartz, and three Amethysts. One Topaz has her gemstone on her navel, while the other's gemstone placement is unknown.
Two more are seen in the episode guarding Blue Diamond's pool chamber, each holding a mace. Interestingly, despite guarding a room belonging to Blue Diamond, their outfits are marked with a yellow diamond. Their gem placements are the same as the Topazes guarding Yellow Diamond's sauna, though this may just be an animation error.
Two Topazes can also be seen in Steven Universe: The Movie: one Topaz has her gemstone on her upper back, while the other's gemstone placement is unknown.
- Topaz - The fusion of the two topazes sent to Earth with Aquamarine. She helped capture humans for Pink Diamond's Zoo.
- Bubble Chamber Guard - A fusion with a gemstone on both of her upper arms is briefly seen guarding one of the entrances of Yellow Diamond's bubble chamber. Her weapon is an ax, like Yellow's other Topaz guards, but with a much longer handle.
- Despite only being shown to be yellow, two corrupted gems with the same cut as Topaz have been shown in dark navy and pink, possibly indicating that there are other colored Topazes. This is likely the case as real-world topaz comes in a wide array of colors.
- The Topazes seen guarding Aquamarine and Blue Diamond have pointed maces, whereas Yellow Diamond's four guards have been seen to have axes.
- This suggests not only that Topazes are picked and chosen meticulously, but also that their weapon selections are/were uniform to certain sects of Homeworld, given that Aquamarine and Blue Diamond's guards have the same weapon.